How many push ups can you do???

Options
2»

Replies

• Bmoremama
    Bmoremama Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I can do 3 sets of 12 with a short break. My goal is 30 without stopping and just a couple of months ago I could do none!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I had very little upper body strength. I started with just doing planks and extending the time.
    I can do 10 push ups now and still working at it. I tripped this weekend while on a hike. I fell face first, into a perfect push up position! Not a scratch! Although my neck hurt a little. I was shocked that I was able to support my fall. My aunt fell last year pretty much the same fall I did. She broke both her shoulders and chipped a tooth. It is so important as we get older to keep our muscles and bones strong and healthy. I am glad I've started this journey.
  • jade516
    jade516 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm at 3 as well. After that, I go to my knees and after that's done, I go to my hips and move my hands into a diamond position mid-chest. Every bit counts.
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    20 full body at boot camp -- but at crossfit we have to put our chest on the floor, and that is harder. I'm still happy I can do 20 at over age 60! I love how I feel when I do a pushup!
  • dessiepenn
    dessiepenn Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Soooo...since February I'm up to 20 push ups, 82lb bench and 3 pull ups...that's huge for me. This thread inspired me to work on pull ups. Thanks ladies!! Anyone else with improvements??
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    dessiepenn wrote: »
    Soooo...since February I'm up to 20 push ups, 82lb bench and 3 pull ups...that's huge for me. This thread inspired me to work on pull ups. Thanks ladies!! Anyone else with improvements??

Great job!

• ballet312
    ballet312 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm at 12-15. I started with just wall push ups, moved to incline and moved to the floor. I was at 5-8 for about a month. I gave myself plenty of time to improve. I'd like to be at 20 with good form, that'd be cool.
  • juliesilklashes
    juliesilklashes Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have started at 3, haha, doing the proper ones is no joke :astonished: I am now doing 11 in a row a month later :blush:
  • MzOakland
    MzOakland Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    5 good ones. working on it
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Zero regular plank style pushups right now. :disappointed:

I can do plenty of wall or desk elevated ones... I don't know what it is about the floor, as soon as I get within a few inches, I just fall. :(
  • SuperMelinator
    SuperMelinator Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    @Rubyayn "You're in competition with no one besides the person you were yesterday."

That was magnificently inspiring. Thank you for that. :smiley:
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I can do plenty of wall or desk elevated ones... I don't know what it is about the floor, as soon as I get within a few inches, I just fall. :(

Sounds like its just too much of a jump in difficulty. I would try to find something at a height between the desk and floor (on a chair, couch, or stairs?). It takes practice and patience, but if you want it, you'll get there!