The Dog Food Diet

Options
2»

Replies

• Wakey618
    Wakey618 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I promise that if it seems I'm harming my body in any way to achieve this goal, I will stop. I'm almost 55 yrs old and have learned that if I don't listen to my body, it will throw a temper tantrum & show me why I should have listened to it! :s
  • suesuarez
    suesuarez Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! I hope you will post updates!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    suesuarez wrote: »
    Good luck to you! I hope you will post updates!

Ditto. :smile:
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Cheering you on.
  • Wakey618
    Options
    That's a great story, Twibbly!!! :D
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Best of luck to you!

I can understand struggling w/the motivation to stick to it. I have done a lot of yoyoing in the past for various reasons. I had gotten to a my lowest adult weight a few years ago but gained about 23 lbs after a medication change. I also struggled with sticking to Dukan (my previous diet/low carb low fat) so I just kept gaining instead of losing over the course of a year or so.

I signed up for a Transformer DietBet. FWIW, it worked great for me because (a) it's a little more long-haul and sustainable than their 4-week Kickstarter DietBets and (b) I did NOT want to just throw away $25 every month for 6 months, so it helped motivate me. I struggled the first two months but then I started LCHF and lost closer to 15% of my body weight than the 10% goal. Now I'm trying to figure out true long-term maintenance with no more yoyo'ing, which is challenging in its own right.
  • tinywonder25
    tinywonder25 Posts: 148 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This makes me sad :(

Isn't there some other less degrading and negative thing you can do? Why do you feel the need to punish yourself? Maybe I'm reading to much into it and it's just a funny thing for you..idk. Best of luck on your goal.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »
    Good luck! When I saw the thread title, I immediately thought somebody had reposted this:

Yesterday I was buying 2 large bags of dog food at Wal-Mart. I was about to check out when a woman behind me asked if I had a dog. What did she think I had – an elephant?

Since I had little else to do, on impulse, I told her that no I didn’t have a dog, and that I was starting the Purina Diet again, although I probably shouldn’t because I ended up in the hospital last time. On the bright side though, I had lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of every hole in my body and IVs in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pockets with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry and that the food is nutritionally complete so I was going to give it a try again. (I have to mention here that everyone in the line was enthralled with my story by now.)

Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care because the dog food had poisoned me. I told her no; I had stopped in the middle of the parking lot to scratch my fleas and a car hit me.

I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack, he was laughing so hard.

Wal-Mart won’t let me shop there anymore.

OMG totally stealing this!!

• Wakey618
    Options

Isn't there some other less degrading and negative thing you can do? Why do you feel the need to punish yourself? Maybe I'm reading to much into it and it's just a funny thing for you..idk. Best of luck on your goal.

I am not going to punish myself, because I am not going to fail ;)
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »
    Good luck! When I saw the thread title, I immediately thought somebody had reposted this:

Yesterday I was buying 2 large bags of dog food at Wal-Mart. I was about to check out when a woman behind me asked if I had a dog. What did she think I had – an elephant?

Since I had little else to do, on impulse, I told her that no I didn’t have a dog, and that I was starting the Purina Diet again, although I probably shouldn’t because I ended up in the hospital last time. On the bright side though, I had lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of every hole in my body and IVs in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pockets with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry and that the food is nutritionally complete so I was going to give it a try again. (I have to mention here that everyone in the line was enthralled with my story by now.)

Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care because the dog food had poisoned me. I told her no; I had stopped in the middle of the parking lot to scratch my fleas and a car hit me.

I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack, he was laughing so hard.

Wal-Mart won’t let me shop there anymore.

:D Funny.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Wakey618 wrote: »

but yet in another topic you say you can't stay away from the potluck going on in your office, even knowing that dog food faces you if you do not!
  • Wakey618
    Options
    Phrick wrote: »
    Wakey618 wrote: »

but yet in another topic you say you can't stay away from the potluck going on in your office, even knowing that dog food faces you if you do not!

EXACTLY!!! I'm seriously messed up.