Tracking

Options

Replies

• 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well I weighed in and I'm back at 149.6. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I almost cried.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I would suggest don't even waste time weighing in on an invalid day.

Morning after rest day eating normal sodium levels, not sore from last workout.

Sounds like you did weights the day if not night before. Therefore invalid weigh-in day.

If you want to log invalid days - then you need a good 30-60 days to actually see a trend through all the noise of bad stats.
  • justsayinisall
    justsayinisall Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Best thing I did was trendweight.com and hooked it to my Withings scale. Trendweight takes my daily weigh ins and gives me a "trend" weight. Because of trendweight, I don't worry over what the daily weigh in is. It will graph for me my weight over days and months. I can actually see if I'm actually going up or down.
  • 3furballs
    Options
    Well yesterday's weigh in was 147, still up from my lowest I've gotten to of 146.2. I've tightened up my sugar and if things don't move downwards by next week I may get some help in the form of a personal trainer/nutritionist. She's the lady who does our kettlebell classes and she loves putting together workouts. $50 a month and a minimum the month commitment, doesn't seem too bad.
  • 3furballs
    Options
    Well I'm back at 146.2 and I've upped my carries over the last week from 1870-1970. Though I'm not sure how I'll hit goal today. My efforts to scale back sugar are working I think. Every day I've had black mint cocoa tea instead of half hot chocolate half coffee. Today I indulged and grabbed one on my way home, mostly because it's been a crazy week and I'm still under on calories even with putting in what I'll have for dinner. And honestly, I don't enjoy it as much. Though I think that might be because I like the half white hot chocolate more but they were out.

It would be lovely to lost another 6.2lbs!
  • heybales
    Options
    With your good workout routine - you indeed probably lost more lbs of fat then weight in general.
    How are measurements doing, and weight on the bar?
  • 3furballs
    Options
    I'll have to take my measurements over the weekend, haven't done that in a while and I've been more consistent in heavier weights in kettlebell. Doing more with the 16kl bells, though i'm careful with my shoulder since I've had some problems.
  • 3furballs
    Options
    So I've finally dipped a bit, down to 145.8. Doesn't seem like much, but it's lowest I've gotten at all. What's interesting is I've bumped my calories back up 100, to 1970, but I've been getting better at skipping my daily (or sometimes twice daily), half hot chocolate/coffee. I've also been having a protein smoothie in the mornings and I'm adding either a table spoon of coconut oil or 1/4 avacodo for some healthy fat.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Glad you hit a new low for you. And after a bump in calories, way to go.
  • fitwithwhit88
    fitwithwhit88 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck for a while too. Bumped my calories up about 200 the past couple days and have seen drops, without an increase in exercise so gonna continue with that approach and see what happens. Glad it's working for you!!
  • 3furballs
    Options
    @fitwithwhit88 how goes it?

I'm finally down to 144lb, 4 pounds to go. I stalled for a while(long while actually), so I increased my calories and got a little bit downward momentum. Then I actually stopped working out for 2 weeks sudue to too busy work and being sick and got to 144 from 145. Went away this party past weekend and jumped to 148 on return, most likely sodium and carb increase in the food I was eating, now I've gotten rid of the gain.

Having some trouble getting 2000 a day without too much sugar. Cutting sugar is still my challenge!
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    @3furballs First of all you look amazing in your profile picture! Second, kudos for upping calories when when thing weren't moving! Third way to go on staying consistent overall! Great body recomposition!

Many times when I wasn't seeing the results I wanted I started overanalyzing things and the first thing that would come to my mind was to blame in the sugar. Not that I eat sugary stuff all day, but I enjoy fruits, dairy, chocolate and all that adds up. But I'm coming to the conclusion that unless I have a dietary issue, a calorie is a calorie. So I focus on hitting my protein consistently, enjoy my sweets and let the other things fall in place. Every time I made myself restrict sugar, I'd end up bingeing. Now when I let myself have sweet treats in small doses throughout the day, the craving and binges are gone. Also by making sure I have enough fiber, i'm helping to offset the sugar.

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • fitwithwhit88
    fitwithwhit88 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    @3furballs Hey there! I've stalled out the past few weeks :( stuck teetering back around 171. Frustrating, but I know its due to stress (took a new job) and the lack of appetite that has come with it. I've been so nauseous nearly every morning due to anxiety that I've found myself skipping meals altogether. Not good, but hard to eat when I feel this way :-/ hopefully it'll go away soon! Great job on your loss though! Remind me where you started in terms of weight and the time it took for you to get to this point? Only 4lbs left is awesome!!
  • 3furballs
    Options
    I figured out my tdee from oct-dec and started the year at 150.4. I did a15% cut and then stalled about April and plateaued, upped my calories and went down a lb, and then didn't work out for 2 weeks and went down another pound.
  • 3furballs
    Options
    Well I'm still bouncing between 145-148 and I've decided to get some help. I'm seeing a personal trainer to get help on my diet. I eat better than I did 3 years ago but with menopause comes hormone changes which have led to more jelly on the belly. In my pic I'm about 8lbs lighter. So far I'm to lift as having add I can when we do resistance training kickboxing and cut out starchy carbs on non workout days (first weekend on this and it's thanksgiving so haven't done as well as I should!). Going to get down and stay down!
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hi @3furballs
    I'm sure that your trainer will give you a new workout plan but have you read articles like this?
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/periodization-key-preventing-plateaus/
    Making sure you keep switching things up and going through the different phases.
    Also, are you taking breaks? Both from exercise with an active recovery week/rest week and from the cut cycles with a week or two at TDEE? When was the last time you took a diet break?
    It is amazing that sometimes all our body needs is little rest, or a bit more food or a change in routine for it to start releasing fat again.
    Ichel
    EM2WL Ambassador and moderator
  • 3furballs
    Options
    Thank You for the info. That will be very helpful in maintaining my weight loss
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    3furballs wrote: »
    Thank You for the info. That will be very helpful in maintaining my weight loss

No problem. Let us know how things go with the new trainer!
    Ichel
    EM2WL ambassador and moderator
  • ibtmas
    ibtmas Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    @empressichel So if we go on a rest week of workouts do we eat at the new tdee with rest or continue eating the same amount?
  • heybales
    Options
    One of the hardest lessons to apply in life - eating for the level of activity you are at.
    Why so many come out of winter with that extra insulation. ;-)
    Weren't as active, should have eaten less.
    Drop in hard workouts is a stress removal by itself, eating more than body needs won't do anything extra to benefit.

It's actually a great chance though to learn what could be missed from eating routine to lower calories correctly, just in case you have a couple of weeks of massive life load changes and no workouts, or injured and little movement, ect.