Replies

• audrey13027
    audrey13027 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    yup, still here!
  • jesscoll317
    jesscoll317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Audrey, I'm a Louisiana native too, but living in TX now. We're Interstate 10 neighbors. :)

=====

We've been having some beautiful weather, so my mood is good and I've gotten in walks everyday.
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on new pressie Jenni, That is really lovely that your man treated you to something like that :) .
  • audrey13027
    Options
    "...He says "catch", and throws a box at me (well, towards me). In my hands is a box for a FitBit Surge. He'd spent most of his first weeks wages on it, as he knows I've been doing my best to put money aside for one (and failing - damn those bills!). And, like a baby, I start crying..."

Awwwww Jenn!! That is SO sweet!! Lucky you-- good, supportive men are waaay hard to find!!
    Yay you!
    Audrey, I'm a Louisiana native too, but living in TX now. We're Interstate 10 neighbors. :)
    We've been having some beautiful weather, so my mood is good and I've gotten in walks everyday.

It has been gorgeous lately--even with the termites & lovebugs! :) I don't get out & walk too much (except shopping, etc.), but I have started dinking around in the garden...where in Tx. are you? I'm actually a native NY'er, but been in NOLA for 14 years...(you can msg me privately if ya like or maybe someone :* should start a "just chatting/miscellaneous thread!)
  • jesscoll317
    Options
    Jenn, I loved reading your story. Your man pulled off a great surprise! :)

Audrey, I'm in Houston. Considering we have group members from the UK and Australia, I feel like we're "just down the road" from one another.
  • sharondjs
    sharondjs Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Jenn - I love hearing supportive stories gotta love a man who gets it right <3 happy dancing for you
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Back again. I'm waiting until it gets a little cooler to go out walking, its rather warm today!
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    I am here, been out for a walk in sun, it is like height of summer, going to chill out in bath now I think :)
  • audrey13027
    Options
    Yo! B)
  • jesscoll317
    Options
    Feeling down today, as it's my fourth without my mom on Mothers Day. Allowed myself to comfort eat, but it doesn't help. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • audrey13027
    Options
    Here!
  • RunawayCurves
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Feeling down today, as it's my fourth without my mom on Mothers Day. Allowed myself to comfort eat, but it doesn't help. Tomorrow is a new day.

Virtual Cuddles @ Jess, I am sure your mum is with you in spirit and would be thrilled to see her daughter be well and happy. As I understand it parents are made most happy by seeing their children happy. So maybe look after yourself for mum too.
  • jesscoll317
    Options

Virtual Cuddles @ Jess, I am sure your mum is with you in spirit and would be thrilled to see her daughter be well and happy. As I understand it parents are made most happy by seeing their children happy. So maybe look after yourself for mum too.

Thanks. :) I feel better today.

One of the reasons my mom passed so quickly was her weight. She could have had 6 months with us, but she was unable to get out of bed after brain surgery, leading to blood clots and pulmonary embolism. I'm trying to get healthier so I can have more years with my kids. I know she would want that for me.
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Here
  • audrey13027
    Options
    Back again!
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Here .. slapped with more stress but here