Replies

• BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Howdy, folks.
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Here , hope you can manage a smile again soon sharon :)
  • audrey13027
    audrey13027 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    late, but here! :#
  • sharondjs
    sharondjs Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Here , hope you can manage a smile again soon sharon :)

LOL !! had to go look to see why about the smile sorry thats me typing to fast hahahha & not taking notice what i've posted ... How is everyone today I did a balance class this morning helped pull a few kinks out from the horrible horrible ( omg i think it's going to kill me ) cyclone circuit class i did on tuesday 1 minute HITT workouts on 8 different stations who knew 1 minute could wipe you out like that ... The instructor kept looking at me i think to see if i was going to puke or fall over :smiley: How's everyones food & exercise going for the week ? What are you all doing ?
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    I am doing ok, I tried a bootcamp class few years ago and remember being in pain for a week after. Every now and then I go to some sort of circuit class or gym but it is not for me really. I like swimming and walking best. I joined local walking group and there are lot of hills involved. On the walks I keep getting asked if I am ok presumably because my level of red faced sweating and heavy breathing indicated I might collapse any moment. I hate being in that state but I do feel good after and because I do like country walks it is something I can see myself sticking to better than a class. I am not being very angelic with food but not gone crazy either so am happy for now with how it is all going. It feels possibly more sustainable than some of my previous efforts but time will tell.
  • jesscoll317
    jesscoll317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    ...On the walks I keep getting asked if I am ok presumably because my level of red faced sweating and heavy breathing indicated I might collapse any moment...

OW, I look the same way. I have a fair complexion, and any exertion makes me turn red and then purple. I joke that I look like an eggplant after exercise. :)

=====

I'm thinking of joining an adult water fitness class in June. I watched the class for a few minutes after my son's swimming lessons, and it's made up of lots of real people -- people I wouldn't be afraid to be around in my swimsuit. Lots of 40+ ladies and even some elderly folks.
  • sharondjs
    sharondjs Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    @ObesityWarrior - 10 years ago was the last time i really did this lost over 50 kg , I started out walking until i was walking 7 km a day then joined the gym as our rainy season started ..
    This time around no walking for me I have a bum knee ( which gets better the lighter I get ) and Achilles Tendonitis so after walking around for work for 5 hours a day I'm done .
    @jesscoll317 - I started with water aerobics about 8 weeks ago nearly everyone in all the classes i go to is either old to older or larger or both i fit in nicely being both :wink: & it doesn't hurt my knee or ankle /foot .. Ive added other classes now bodypump a weights class - doing weights makes the body burn for many hours more than cardio & there's no pressure on my Achilles & a body balance class . i think the circuit class will have to be only once a week :neutral:
  • audrey13027
    Options
    Yo! Happy Friday the 13th! :D:#>:)
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    Wow I quite happily coasted through whole day without remembering it was friday 13th. Been a good day too.
  • audrey13027
    Options
    here!
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    Here :smile:
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    Still here :)
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    Its 15th April here in the UK now (12.24am). I'm checking in now before I got to bed, because I'm going to have a long lay in tomorrow, and then will be writing a very dull essay when I get up.
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    I am here :)
  • audrey13027
    Options
    Late, but here! :smile:
  • BigChangeNeeded
    Options
    Checking in, and now its back to essay writing.....
  • audrey13027
    Options
    ...draggin' my butt, but I'm here... :#
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I'm here doing better today .
  • ClarissaCLD
    ClarissaCLD Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    AWOL - Although I have logged on everyday I haven't been logging my food or eating right for about a month now. What ever kicked in for me at the beginning of March, decided to leave me. The Cadburys profit has definitely gone back up and my money back down.

Today I have decided that even if I eat 10000 calories (extreme I know) I am still going to log it. Maybe if I can see in black and white just how much I am eating and how many carbs I'm having that impact on my insulin intake, it might shock me into submission.

Thankfully of the 19lb I had lost I have only regained 3lb, so I am still at 16lb down.

Hopefully I will soon be back to green at the end of the day. For today red is better than not logging.

I will slay this demon!!!
  • RunawayCurves
    Options
    Great to see you back Clarissa. None of us got this size by finding healthy eating easy. I went way off the rails In April and gained back loads. Spent May so far just unding damage done in April. Still got a few more lb to get back to where I was at start of April. So no shame in falling off wagon. I am sure all of us in this group are very familiar with it. No surrender though, :smiley: