May 2016 Move Your @ss Challenge

Replies

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,491 Member
    @anaconda469: I am sorry to hear you are still be bothered with issues from your accident. Oooooh....I would probably feel the same way about total fusion. I had a friend do an ankle fusion and it ended his daily walking.
    @Just_Ceci: Congrats on your long bike ride!

May 14: 7.5 miles of walking
    TTD 142.09 miles

exercise.png

• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,866 Member
    3.45 miles walked yesterday

63.89 walked to date
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    It was grey, cold and miserable yesterday with frost warnings overnight. I just couldn't motivate myself to get outside for a walk. I did decide to watch the local soccer game while walking on the treadmill, so it wasn't a totally lazy day. Added 4 miles for a May total of 55.75 miles

exercise.png

@anaconda469 I have a neck and shoulder injury also, although it is not nearly as severe as yours. (It happened 26 years ago). I ignored mine until it got to the point I could not turn my head to the left at all and even nodding my head was painful. Plus, it was triggering migraines. With the help of my chiro it is much better now, but it took over a year and a half of treatment to get to where most of my days are pain free and fully functional. Even now, if I miss a treatment or forget to do my strength and stretching exercises, it can flare up. I'm not normally a patient person when it comes to getting well, but taking the time was worth it. Remember too, I waited until long past the accident to get treatment, so I didn't have to deal with the original healing from the injury at the same time. I'm with you on the fusion, unless there is no other choice, I would want to avoid that. It stinks, but now that we are.....well......older than 20 something, it takes way longer than we want it to for our bodies to heal. Way, way longer. Hang in there.
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 3,002 Member
    edited May 2016
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

Just_Ceci has made her goal. Congrats! I'm getting tired just reading about her long bike ride and 5k.

Congrats to Scarfe on her 10k. 3rd place - way to go!

K80flec - hope you are ok!

I rode my bike into town yesterday (too hot in Florida now to run) and am getting ready to ride to church now. Have a grand Sunday!
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    adding 7.05 miles

exercise.png
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,159 Member
    3.1 mile run. Did a 5K today 30:03, still missing the sub 30 min goal, but this is my closest so far. Came in first in my age group and #16/76. It's a new 5K, the event was mostly for a triathalon.

exercise.png
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,230 Member
    5/9 - 5/14 = 16.13

exercise.png
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    3.54 mile walk
    exercise.png

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,159 Member
    Adding a 3.2 mile walk to this morning's 5K

exercise.png
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,866 Member
    4.33 miles walked today

68.22 miles walked to date
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,491 Member
    edited May 2016
    Sorry...I just need to vent so I apologize to all of you. It has been a rough week. I came back from my run Tuesday and thought I was getting a sore throat so I headed for my zinc to help stop it. Went to bed earlier, used some warm moist heat on it, took more hot green tea with lemon, honey and ginger, and all the things one does to help get better. Each day I had more difficulty swallowing with two horrible nights of no sleep. Our school insist we attempt to reduce our insurance increases by avoiding the Dr. office and going to other resources. So Sat. morning I headed into CVS pharmacy's Minute Clinic. Ear pain, difficulty swallowing and a swollen lymph node. Nope...just a virus so take an expectorant to help get the fluid out of my ear and should be good in a couple days. No sleep for the third night and I head to a Med Express this morning to see a doctor who barely examined me. "Well I could give you Amoxicillin...looks like an infection or I could give you something stronger but with your high blood pressure I want to make sure it does not conflict with your meds." I am asking what high blood pressure...mine is always on the low side...in fact it was 125/60 yesterday. He tells me it is 140/80. I said I might hit that on a hard run but but never just walking. Yep...probably an infection. So I ask if I should spend more money and head to the emergency room tonight as I can barely swallow due to the golf ball in my neck, Nope! He says, this may work and if not come back in 48 hours if no improvement. Well...I am feeling better and swallowing is improving but it sure isn't worth cutting corners to save money if I end up in the hospital in doing so. And I am sure not waiting 48 hours if it had continued to get worse. Tomorrow I call HR and talk to my health insurance person about their means of cutting corners.
    May 15: 6.25 miles of easy walking and I do mean easy. Hopefully I can get back to biking and running soon.
    TTD: 148.34 miles

exercise.png

• watersm04
    watersm04 Posts: 190 Member
    did a 5km walk with my 11 month old yellow lab. She is still learning how to walk without pulling so I also go an upper body workout in too :D

exercise.png
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,931 Member
    May 15
    27.92 miles
    403.27 miles MTD
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Well Chiro gave me a great treatment yesterday, and kindly suggested if I could give up that days ride I would probably feel better on Sunday. It wasn't raining yesterday, but I did not ride the stage, just a short walk as suggested. Today it is raining buckets and I went for a ride, just on my mountain bike for the road. Had no neck problems, but got soaked, chamois and all. My neoprene shoe covers work, but it was raining so hard that my rain jacket got soaked, my Samsung Galaxy S5 in a plastic zip lock bag got wet. They weren't lying, that phone can take some water, but zip lock bags can't. So I go into the rest day recovering from the drenching I got today.

05/08 - 15.0 miles cycling (Giro Challenge stage 3)
    05/09 - 01.0 miles river walk
    05/10 - 01.0 miles hike up the bank
    05/10 - 14.0 miles cycling (Giro Challenge Stage 4)
    05/11 - 16.0 miles cycling (Giro Challenge Stage 5)
    05/12 - 16.0 miles cycling (Giro Challenge Stage 6)
    05/13 - 15.0 miles cycling (Giro Challenge Stage 7)
    05/14 - 01.0 miles walking (Giro Challenge Stage 8 - DNR)

Total: 161.0 miles

05/15 - 14.0 miles cycling (Giro Challenge Stage 9)

Total: 175.0 miles

exercise.png

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,728 Member
    Our DDD presented her dissertation at her college yesterday to a room full of K-12 administrators. We went and her presentation was terrific. It was funny because I knew exactly what she was going to say as I was her proof-reader through her entire project. Then they served a great lunch and I ate it all!! I did get 20,464 steps done yesterday, though. DH and I did walk before we left for her presentation. We walked this morning then I got on the recumbent for 45 mins and an episode of Grimm then worked out to a 55 min strength DVD. Then I took a nap!! It's been a great Sunday!

05/13 - 2.03 miles
    05/14 - 9.61 miles
    05/15 - 6.85 miles
    05/15 - 12.75 bike miles

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a grand Monday!

Chris

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    I haven't received testing back but dr. seems to think I may be allergic to my thyroid medicine (Armour Thyroid). Besides being tired all the time I must not be able to add either. I looked back in my booklet I write miles down in & then looked here & it seems I was fudging a bit. Sorry guys, I honestly don't cheat! So with being sick/tired, out of town, cleaning house & getting ready for a rummage sale I did do 22 miles since being on here last which brings the total to 123.25. Gosh usually by this time I'm doubled of this but with spring comes lots more work on the farm!

exercise.png

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Adding another 11 miles for 84 out of 350.

Adding another 13 for 97 out of 350.

Adding 30 miles for 127 out of 350.

Adding 7 miles for 134 out of 350. Riding at 3 AM is a wee bit on the chilly side. :smile:

Adding 14 miles for 148 out of 350.

Adding 13 miles for 161 out of 350.

Adding 32 miles for 193 out of 350.

Adding 24 miles for 217 out of 350.

Adding 24 miles for 241 out of 350.

Adding 10 miles for 251 out of 350.

After a 38 hour shift, I was spent. No riding Saturday. Got in 7 on Sunday. Adding 7 miles for 258 out of 350.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,606 Member
    5/14 5 miles
    5/15 7.5 miles

As of 5/15 131.5 of 200 miles

exercise.png
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    15 May 15 miles
    16 May 8.7 miles

MTD 160.7 miles

@Just_Ceci " only 61.45 miles" WOW!!!