how much are you trying to lose?

Replies

• alx790
    alx790 Posts: 7 Member
    5 kg to get off before July for me!! Struggling with exercise motivation today!!
  • viktorija32
    viktorija32 Posts: 48 Member
    Hello, I am 5'3 and weigh 74kg. I would like to lose 10kg. I am quite happy the way I look but need to lose my tummy because it is quite big. It would be nice to make some fitness friends so that we can support each other.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    10lbs, and then body recomp.
  • michellemiler
    michellemiler Posts: 16 Member
    a tough job but with a strong determination I am close to achieve the goal I have set. doing a enough workout, having complete rest,drinking more water,using beyond weight management tea(which really helped me lose my weight) and keep myself physically busy. I have managed to lose 18 lbs in 8 weeks. Now I am happy
  • Rebekah_89
    Rebekah_89 Posts: 61 Member
    I'm 5'4 and currently weigh 155lbs. I just gave birth 2 months ago, getting up to the highest I've ever weighed, 189lbs. I want to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 133lbs, and tone up. Hoping to reach my goal by the end of July. *Wish Me Luck*
  • Rebekah_89
    Rebekah_89 Posts: 61 Member
    Move4Abs wrote: »
    samgamgee wrote: »
    I've gone from 160 with a 33 inch waist to 130 with a 28.5 inch waist, and would like to get down to 120 with a 27 inch waist. After that, I might lose up to 10 lbs more depending on how I look and feel...

That's pretty much where I am and headed toward 145. How long did it take you to get to 130 and what was your plan?

Yes, I would like to know the same, how long did it take you to get to 130lbs from 160lbs? And what was your method?
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    IM 5'5" 146 LBS. I would like to be 135LBS, that is where I am comfortable. Im having a hell of a time though. Ive only lost 3 LBS in a month.
  • JCE0129
    JCE0129 Posts: 26 Member
    I am 5'3". I fluctuate between 135 and 140 lbs. I am at 32% BF, so I feel like I have a long way to go. I would like to be 115-120. Over the past 5 or 6 years I went from 150, down to 110, and now back up again. I am currently super frustrated. I feel like nothing I try is working. I workout hard and try lighter workouts. I have tried cutting down to 1100 calories and now I am trying more like 1500. 2 weeks ago I started hitting the gym daily, have spoken with different trainers, did a lot of research, and become all around OCD about fitness and weight loss......and today I jumped on the scale and saw that I have gained 5 lbs. Honestly, I cried. I'm not looking for instant results, I just want to stop feeling like everything I try is working against me. I have 6 months to my 40th birthday and I cannot enter my 40s feeling like this.
  • JCE0129
    JCE0129 Posts: 26 Member
    lambie14 wrote: »
    Goal is now 15lbs. I've rapidly gained 5lbs in the past 3 weeks. Not sure how as I've been exercising for an hour a day, but looks like lots of hard work ahead for me...

Intense exercise over the last 2 weeks has me up 5 lbs as well. While I have played this game long enough to know muscles retain water as they are torn down and then repair themselves stronger than they were before, it does not keep me from feeling horrible when I see it on the scale.
  • GeorgiePie88
    GeorgiePie88 Posts: 54 Member
    I'm 5'3 and trying to get down to my "happy weight" of 60 kg (132ish lbs).

I've been much lower, but I found it difficult to maintain. I'm still healthy at 60 kg, it's easier to live a more realistic lifestyle at that weight (like going out for dinner, having the odd junk here and there). Some may call me lazy, but it what makes me happy and healthy, and that's all what should matter.
  • AAAmom2008
    AAAmom2008 Posts: 25 Member
    I would ultimately like to be a solid size 8...I'm 5'8. I used to weigh 208. When I was 39 I decided I was going to be 'Fit & 40. I did basically succeed. I was more fit than most women my age. My bodyfat 26.8%. I am now 43. I basically maintain a 45 -50 pound weight loss, but I would like to lose about 5 -10 more pounds. It seems as if it is never going to happen!!! Ugh!!
  • SSB09040
    SSB09040 Posts: 53 Member
    EmPersson wrote: »
    Goal was 10-12lbs. I'm also on the low end of my BMI so not much to lose. I've lost about 6lbs so far and actually pretty happy. I'd be OK with this current weight and continuing to recomp. I'd still like for my thighs to shrink, but that may never happen. Even at my lowest normal weight I still had big thighs. When I gain fat, it goes to the thighs. When I gain muscle, I gain BIG muscle. LOL Basically going off of looks/feel right now and not so much scale/inches.

Have you tried doing yoga, or stretching exercises? They help to elongate the muscles and help give a leaner look, rather than the bulk of muscle that regular workouts can bring.

Yes, yoga and pilates can really assist with that long, lean, sleek look rather than the squatter, bulkier, shorter look.
    I mix up my exercises a lot although cardio daily but then either medium weights or pilates for strength.

Oh, and I'm trying to lose probably about 2-4 lb, depending on what day I get weighed and how much I've eaten the day/night before. :)
    I want to maintain 121 lb maximum at 5'5" height.

• samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Move4Abs wrote: »
    samgamgee wrote: »
    I've gone from 160 with a 33 inch waist to 130 with a 28.5 inch waist, and would like to get down to 120 with a 27 inch waist. After that, I might lose up to 10 lbs more depending on how I look and feel...

That's pretty much where I am and headed toward 145. How long did it take you to get to 130 and what was your plan?

Sorry for the belated reply! I lost slow and steady at a bit over 2 lbs a month, and it took me about a year to get to 130. I stuck to half a lb per week rate of loss and tried to get 10,000 steps most days. Sometimes I do Intermittent Fasting which is great for keeping me fuller on fewer calories - I usually skip breakfast, have a smaller lunch and a nice big dinner.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    I'm 5'4 and currently weigh 155lbs. I just gave birth 2 months ago, getting up to the highest I've ever weighed, 189lbs. I want to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 133lbs, and tone up. Hoping to reach my goal by the end of July. *Wish Me Luck*

50+ lbs in 2 months seems pretty brutal. Be careful with not setting goals that could hurt your health!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    I'm 16lbs off goal after having lost 57lbs since the beginning of the year. I would like ultimately to be closer to 18-20% body fat and having less disgusting upper arms (setting the bar high there, haha ;) ).
  • aeratriil
    aeratriil Posts: 1 Member
    5'10", at 205 (I carry it better than you'd expect, but...) on my way to losing 60.
    Good bit more extra weight than I'm okay with carrying. Ideally, I'd like to reach 140, but I don't actually know if my body can go that low. It's what I weighed when I was twelve.
    Overall goal is to be less (literally) uncomfortable in my skin, and less embarrassing at physical activity.
  • melissafawnw
    melissafawnw Posts: 67 Member
    Hi! I'm 5' 2.5" and about 137 lbs. I have lost 10 pounds so far, and have around 12 to go. I will reevaluate from there if I want to lose anymore.
  • momry1979
    momry1979 Posts: 3 Member
    Im at a healthy BMI. Im 5'11 and 141 lbs. Not really looking to loose though would like at least 3 lbs gone. More looking to tone and shape myself after 2 kids. Things are a little "sloppy" looking !!!
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    5"2 about 61kg (133lb). Looking at 55kg (121pounds). Mostly to lose around tummy
  • MzKrystle
    MzKrystle Posts: 74 Member
    I'm 5'7 currently 136lbs. My ultimate goal is 125 but I'm stuck at 136. So at this rate I would be thrilled with 130lbs.