Celebrate the little victories!

Options
2»

Replies

• Wakey618
    Wakey618 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Small victory for me this am, I wasn't hungry, I wanted a bagel breakfast sandwich, but I wasn't hungry. I did not get one. I'm certain those are one of my biggest weaknesses and they start my day off poorly which leads to wicked carb cravings all day. I had one yesterday but today I WAS NOT HUNGRY. So there was really no need for one.

Yayyyyy!!!
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    c02ecn9i9onw.jpg

was heard saying "Bite Me!", now is that any way to talk to Wonder Woman

>:) or o:)
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Wakey618 wrote: »
    All artificial sweeteners? I don't like aspartame for the same reason, and sucralose sucks too. This is erythitol.

I didn't realize that erythitol was a natural sweetener; I've only seen in in Atkins things and thought that "sugar alcohol" was another version of artificial sweetener. Thanks - I now have more things to consider eating!

It is a sugar alcohol, but not an artificial sweetener. It's naturally derived, I believe from sugar. It's worth giving a try. I don't do so well with the artificial stuff.
  • Wakey618
    Options
    It's not a victory yet but I KNOW it is going to happen. My numbers are going to be good today, I will NOT have any M&Ms or cookies or any other sweets. I won't go to bed with disgust and frustration over my weakness, because today I am going to be Wonder Woman and conquer those inanimate "fake" enemies known as sweets!!!
    I was victorious in that I didn't have ANY sweets yesterday, which is a huge win because my office is a minefield of naughtiness!! My numbers weren't perfect, as I was seriously more hungry than I wanted to be, but it was all healthy things and I'll count that as a win!
  • Wakey618
    Options
    hcousapqk67e.jpeg
    Little victory this morning: walked to the grocery store & back instead of driving (1 mile round trip). This entailed pushing this small cart with 40 lbs of litter up this huge hill
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    tn60ttmfqu90.jpg

We're a little more modern. B)

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    It's not a victory yet but I KNOW it is going to happen. My numbers are going to be good today, I will NOT have any M&Ms or cookies or any other sweets. I won't go to bed with disgust and frustration over my weakness, because today I am going to be Wonder Woman and conquer those inanimate "fake" enemies known as sweets!!!
    I was victorious in that I didn't have ANY sweets yesterday, which is a huge win because my office is a minefield of naughtiness!! My numbers weren't perfect, as I was seriously more hungry than I wanted to be, but it was all healthy things and I'll count that as a win!

That's awesome! I know how hard it is to resist the call of the sugar beast! Great job! Let this victory only add to your inner strength to defeat the beast!
  • Wakey618
    Options
    tn60ttmfqu90.jpg

We're a little more modern. B)

LOVE THIS!!! Where are Fred & Barney, and the rest of the gang?
  • MandiCole1
    MandiCole1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have survived an entire week of keto eating...mostly. Yesterday I had a 6" sub that put my carbs at 80, but I water fasted this morning until noon and went for a 45 minute power walk...between that and feeling fine, my weight didn't fluctuate up at all (even though I not only ate more carbs but like 3000 calories) so I think I'm in the clear. But anyway! ONE WEEK! Woohoo! I didn't restrict my eating, other than my fast today, and I lost 4.2 pounds. I'm won over.
  • Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Did NOT eat Birthday cake or ice cream at neice's party!
  • jamiescot9
    jamiescot9 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    MandiCole1 wrote: »
    I have survived an entire week of keto eating...mostly. Yesterday I had a 6" sub that put my carbs at 80, but I water fasted this morning until noon and went for a 45 minute power walk...between that and feeling fine, my weight didn't fluctuate up at all (even though I not only ate more carbs but like 3000 calories) so I think I'm in the clear. But anyway! ONE WEEK! Woohoo! I didn't restrict my eating, other than my fast today, and I lost 4.2 pounds. I'm won over.

Same here. Today marks the end of my first week and I think I did pretty well overall. I've stayed under 30 grams (shocking) and lost 6 pounds despite battling a constant sweet tooth and french fry craving. Quite exhilarated. :smile:

• FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Phrick wrote: »
    The little victory for me today has been keeping myself INactive enough. It's been amazingly difficult! My surgery recovery has been a breeze - so much so that I completely forget that I'm actually still in the midst of healing from a pretty major physical trauma and NEED to take it easy. It's freakin hard!!

Congrats of being INactive. Good on you, and my best wishes are with you as you recover
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I ate fresh salmon and green veg for brunch to get back on track - I feel so satiated, am hoping that will re set me.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I only ate one Junior Mint.

Impossible! Sigh...love those things...
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Fitting into the stuff you can buy at Old Navy in store. For the past year I've been stuck shopping online because they don't have plus sizes in store here. I bought some shirts and tanks today and most of them look great--the rest will in 10 lbs!