No Shame!

Xpecta
Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
I'm this post is where we can share our struggles with no shame. There may be slip ups in this next month, and here is where we can discuss them and get support from everyone else. There is NO shame in slip ups. None.

Replies

• Xpecta
    I'll admit it..... I had leftover pizza for breakfast! I woke up needing that kind of comfort carb food. One slice and it took it all away :) Here's to a healthier rest of the day!
  • angela259
    angela259 Posts: 47 Member
    I almost ruined it at lunch! I ate a snack pack of cookies from the pantry after lunch and wanted more to munch on. thankfully I stopped, I mindlessly eat sometimes. This is only day 2 of me counting cals...... again
  • MSJourneylog
    MSJourneylog Posts: 41 Member
    Best of luck on your healthy days girls! Just take 1 choice at a time ;)
  • Xpecta
    Angie!! What a great job!!!! That's powerful choice making!!
  • Xpecta
    Best of luck on your healthy days girls! Just take 1 choice at a time ;)

You as well!!
  • ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    I made the choice not to eat all day since I probably had 6000 calories in the previous two days. But now I want food. There is a green drink in the fridge, and I will start there. Also some chicken is already prepared so I will have that. And a diet dessert with milk in it. That will be it for the day. One choice at a time.
  • ltssharon
    angela259 wrote: »
    I almost ruined it at lunch! I ate a snack pack of cookies from the pantry after lunch and wanted more to munch on. thankfully I stopped, I mindlessly eat sometimes. This is only day 2 of me counting cals...... again

good job angela
  • angela259
    ltssharon wrote: »
    I made the choice not to eat all day since I probably had 6000 calories in the previous two days. But now I want food. There is a green drink in the fridge, and I will start there. Also some chicken is already prepared so I will have that. And a diet dessert with milk in it. That will be it for the day. One choice at a time.

we have all had those days. After a bad day I like to drink plenty of water the next day. I spice it up with decaffeinated tea. I like the salt. so I am usually pretty sluggish. If I skip a day, I am more likely to binge the next. :smile:
  • Xpecta
    Well today was our weekly pizza movie night. It's fun because my kids are definitely getting into movies now. And I've successfully avoided binging. Usually it's my day off where I just go for it. However, I did eat 3 pieces of pizza.
  • ltssharon
    Way to go xpecta. I am so glad you had fun and avoided binging on top of it. That is a wonderful night!!!
  • Xpecta
    It was :) I wish I was feeling better though. Feeling sick today
    :(
  • ltssharon
    Better or worse today?
  • Xpecta
    Eating or feeling? Actually.... it doesn't really matter. Both are better today :)
  • AmandaJ9083
    AmandaJ9083 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I'm new to this group. I joined MFP over a year ago and lost a good amount of weight. Over the past six plus months everything has changed. When I couldn't seem to get myself out of the 150s I began getting frustrated which in turn I started binging out of control. I have gained 30 pounds back. I feel discouraged, angry, disapointed, and mostly embarressed. All those people who said you look great....You're doing so awesome... Etc... If they were to see me now they wouldn't think that. I can barley look at myself. None of my clothes fit and I really feel like a failure. I wake up everyday with the best of intensions and then I ruin it. I don't know how to get back on track. Everyday I seem to end in a complete binge. I don't know if this is the right thread to post this in? I'm really looking for friends, advice, tips and anyone who knows what this struggle is like.
  • ltssharon
    Yes, this is the right place. I myself made a plan, but did not follow it. I am going to try a new plan, and will get back to you in a week. You are not alone. Are you eating for comfort? Is this lifelong? What strategies have you tried that helped? What changed?
  • angela259
    Hi, I'm new to this group. I joined MFP over a year ago and lost a good amount of weight. Over the past six plus months everything has changed. When I couldn't seem to get myself out of the 150s I began getting frustrated which in turn I started binging out of control. I have gained 30 pounds back. I feel discouraged, angry, disapointed, and mostly embarressed. All those people who said you look great....You're doing so awesome... Etc... If they were to see me now they wouldn't think that. I can barley look at myself. None of my clothes fit and I really feel like a failure. I wake up everyday with the best of intensions and then I ruin it. I don't know how to get back on track. Everyday I seem to end in a complete binge. I don't know if this is the right thread to post this in? I'm really looking for friends, advice, tips and anyone who knows what this struggle is like.

Hi Amanda!
    you are def in the right place. welcome to out group. I know I have been there, making great progress and then loose it all. We are all here to support each other. You can do this!
  • angela259
    Last night we had pizza for dinner and wine. I didn't binge, but I should have ate less. today is good so far, but I still have a long way to go.
  • ltssharon
    I did binge for about 7000 calories. I gained 4 pounds. I am back on track today. JEEZ. Trying hard to move on and lighten up on the shame.
  • angela259
    ltssharon wrote: »
    I did binge for about 7000 calories. I gained 4 pounds. I am back on track today. JEEZ. Trying hard to move on and lighten up on the shame.

Is there a certain time of day you binge? For me it is in the middle of the day if I am home alone. So I try to stay out of he house around that time with errands. Maybe take a walk or call a friend instead.
  • ltssharon
    Good point = mostly late evening before bed. It is the frustrations of the day and usually I am also tired and usually somewhat mad at others and my inability to influence. In other words things seem out of control. I am aware at the time that I am exhibiting self destructive behavior; sort of self punishing for not getting things to go right and at the same time trying to comfort myself. Sort of "I give up on everything, and might as well throw everything away" Nothing that I eat tastes good, just a rebellious sort of juvenile tantrum response at my ineffectiveness and anger at being dismissed.

Oh my, this sounds like self shaming and blaming others. Well, today is a new day. Onward11