Short term/Long term goals...

Options

Replies

• shajax
    shajax Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My primary short term goal is to just get started. Get up and exercise at least 4 times a week. Record everything I eat. Lose a pound a week.
    Long term, I'd like to get down to 130 lbs. That's over 40 lbs from where I am now. I'd be ok with 140. Mostly I want to feel strong and energetic.
  • miriameam
    miriameam Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I've been doing this on and off as needed for three years now. So I have already hit my initial goal from back in the day.
    Right now I go between 131-135lbs. My short term goal is that I drop to under 130lbs, closer to 125lbs by the end of June.
    Long term goals is that I don't reach 140 lbs.
  • tanjia
    tanjia Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My short term goals are to keep tracking my food and keep exercising every day. Right now I'm walking and just increased my daily step goal to 11000 from 10000.
    Long term, I'd like to get back down to a size 12/14. Right now I'm a 16/18 and uncomfortable with it.
  • pep0973
    pep0973 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My goal is to maintain. A little over a year ago I decided to make some big changes. I started logging religiously. I stopped drinking alcohol for various reasons but at first to just cut the calories. I have lost 60 pounds. I would like to maintain my current weight for the next year and work to get in better shape.
  • samanthannmay
    samanthannmay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Love the show!

Short term: I'm going to Colorado in 5 weeks with my s.o. and his family. They're all super athletic and are planning on hiking during the trip, so I'd like to be able to at least keep up with them. I've been exercising 3-4 days a week for an hour for a few weeks now so I think I can do this!

Long term: I was at 150 in the best shape of my life, but a bad break up led to depression which contributed to weight gain. I topped out at 185. I'd like to eventually back to 150. I'm down to 175 now so I'm on my way! And then I would just like to make sure I maintain it!
  • a_duche
    a_duche Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My short term goals are:
    1) eat vegetarian 5 days a week. Its better for the environment, cheaper and I'll get more fruits and veggies in my diet
    2) get a minimum of 3.5 hours of exercise per week (30 minutes per day). It doesn't have to be intense, i just gotta move my butt every day.
    3) do at least two days of strength training per week.

My long term goals are:
    1) lose about 15lbs. If I do I will be comfortably in a healthy BMI range. Right now I'm straddling the overweight threshold.
    2) be able to run 10k in under 65 minutes. I'm not a running fan, but i suspect that is because I'm not good at it yet.

My whole family is extremely fit and healthy. My sister is a rock climber, my mom is a swimmer, my dad is a bicyclist, my partner is a runner... I would like to be able to keep up so we can all enjoy active time together.
  • pierrejbb
    pierrejbb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Short term:
    -back squat 120k
    -front squat 100k
    -Deadlift 155k
    -Snatch 55k
    -clean and jerk 70k
    -drink more water

Long term:
    -find a way to be outside more
    -find a way to be active every day despite working a 9-5 desk job
    -cut down processed foods
    -be able to do a pull-up
    -work on mobility/flexibility
    -run a 10k in under 50mins
  • megzzzzzy
    megzzzzzy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Short term goal is to learn how to meal plan so that I don't eat out as much (ideally 1-2 times per week) and in general commit to eating healthier.

Long term goal is to get down to my first major goal weight of 150 (currently about 20 pounds away), try to run 500 miles this year (198 so far) and in general improve my physical and mental health.
  • littleGetAwaysticks
    littleGetAwaysticks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm no stranger to weight loss or weight gain unfortunately. I've been losing and gaining the same 50lbs since 11th grade. 9 years ago I was at my smallest, 2 years ago i was at my fittest. If I could find a happy permanent medium that would be stellar. So short term, re established my tracking and work out routine. Long term lose the 50lbs plus the the additional 10lbs I could never get to.
  • hylanderk
    hylanderk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Short term goal would be to find motivation to use the exercise equipment that's been sitting around gathering dust. Even if only for 15-30 min a day.
    Long term would be losing around 75lbs. Doctors and such say my "ideal" weight would be to lose closer to 100 lbs but the 3 digits makes it seem so possible lol. So I've adjusted it down and can always change it again if I get close to it
  • supercrissy
    supercrissy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My short term goal is to get my average steps on fitibit to be 12,000 per day for 90 days and to track my food intake for the same time period.
  • k_e_b
    k_e_b Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Short term goals:
    - improve daily hydration (ca. 2L/day) and cut extra sugar
    - get back on a workout schedule (running 3-4x/week, strength 1-2x)
    - create a training program for a fall race (mid-Sept) and train for a PR

Long(er) term goals:
    - finish that race and feel strong doing so (even if I don't get that PR)
    - lose 5kg by my 30th birthday (Dec th)
    - eventually get back down to 53kg
  • JulieHurdman
    JulieHurdman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Long term goal is complete vanity, but when I do my senior vocal recital for my music education degree next December (2017) I want to look freakin' fantastic in my formal gown. Short term I want to be able to take moderately strenuous three-mile hikes by the end of this summer.

I wish I could go through and "like" everyone's posts. I'm rooting for all of you!
  • Lovethesnow35
    Lovethesnow35 Posts: 2,070 Member
    Options
    Short term goals:
    Stop drinking soda ✔️
    Increase water to 8 glasses a day from 2
    Slow down alcohol intake which is where I'm consuming a ton of calories!
    Keep up with MFP which has been easy so far!
    Lose the inches that are keeping me from fitting into my size 8 pants currently a 10/12
    Hit 11000 steps a day

Long term goals:
    Lose 30 lbs by maintaining a healthy eating lifestyle.
    luckily I don't crave sweets. Just have to cut back on all the carbs. I love healthy food, I just need to make time for it. I eat a lot of fast food.

We can do this! Thanks for the support!
  • sarilou99
    sarilou99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ST- cut down refined sugar intake by 25% and hit daily 6k step goal
    LT- walk 10k a day and lose first 20 lbs
  • deannajf
    deannajf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get to a comfortable fit weight. I'm currently around 138 and my highest weight was between 160 and 170. I lost at least 20 lbs last year and want to do the same this year and get to around 120. I do yoga and rock climb so I've got a lot of lean muscle on me and a covering of fat over that! Want to mention too that I'm very short so if these weights seem low, it's because I'm tiny as hell :wink: Staying active helps me stay confident whether or not I'm losing weight :)
  • obscurus82
    obscurus82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Short Term: Set up a sensible workout schedule that I will enjoy and can stick to. This includes making dietary changes and discovering engaging exercises and activities to keep things fresh.

Long Term: Lose around 50 Lbs and fully commit to an active lifestyle that will make keeping the weight off a non-issue.
  • benv02
    benv02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Short term - get my 10000 steps in every day. I tend to have day I do almost nothing, and other days I do a lot.

Long term - fit into a large sized t-shirt. I used to be on the edge of L - XL. Now I'm a full XL
  • Mncyguy
    Mncyguy Posts: 4 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Short term: stay active, start tracking calories again, cut out the treat stops working on the way to work in the morning.

Long term: drop 40 lbs, feel comfortable in more fitted shirts so I don't feel like I'm choosing between swimming in my clothes or flashing my gut if I stretch the wrong way
  • pdeutman
    pdeutman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Paulette here.
    Short term:
    1. Logging my food, looking for the "trouble spots" and making changes to my food intake.
    2. Start losing 1 pound a week.
    3. I have a broken foot so once the heals I'l start exercising for 30 minutes 3 days a week.

Long term:
    1. Exercising 30 minutes or more 5 days a week
    2. Reach my goal weight of 135
    3. Maintain my goal weight.
    4. Move easily and feel comfortable in my body.