Weekly Weigh-In April 10-16

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    @Eninad...any report that does not require you to take any drugs (along with their side effects) is an excellent one! Yes...healthy eating and exercise is always better than alternatives! Good for you!

Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi all!

congrats to all the losers!! you guys are killing it!

enidad, this is not just about numbers, it is about lifestyle and balance. you need to feel good or else the numbers just don't matter. i think the doc is right, look how far you have come and not necessary where you want to be. this is not a race but marathon. i have not lost a lb this challenge, but i have stopped being so compulsive about working out and for me that is such a load off my mind. not always about the numbers, balance!!! you got this, i find the more i analyze and obsess, the more anxiety i get which causes me to make bad choices. just buckle up and enjoy the ride. make choices that make you feel good both mentally and physically!!

xo,
    stephanie
  • edellaratta
    edellaratta Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Eninad, you are doing great and moving in the right direction! Keep up the great work!! Nothing changes overnight, it is a process, day by day. Be proud of yourself!!!!
    Evelyn
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @lovesretirement look at your numbers!!!
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    @Eninad...thanks! I am getting there ounce by ounce. Hoping to hit 199 next week... ;)
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to rejoin this group... I was doing ok last year after the birth of baby #3 and then struggled with eating and motivation and dropped out because I wasn't making progress. I gained 20 lbs and got just over my pregnancy weight high.

I feel like I'm getting my motivation back now. I'm down 10 lbs from my high and at my lowest point in 6 m. I've been slowly dropping since February.

My main exercise is walking to/from work for about an hour. My main goal is to improve my nutrition and portions because I know they are messed up. I recently changed some medication and no longer want to eat all the time so I feel more motivated from that.

CW 184.4 lbs
    July 4 GW: 180 lbs

I'm glad to see so many of you still here!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    All of you are doing great! Drs. stats can be so deflating, as when you have high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes and cholesterol problems they want you lower than normal. So then the struggle becomes even greater. Been there done that , and still working on it to get some weight that will be good for my stats. I will work on this probably forever due to family history when that also can be deflating.
    What you have to remember is NEVER STOP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING!! We can do this and
    we will!!! Strength in numbers!!

Shirley
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Dani.........so glad to have you back. As you can see we are all here because at the end of the day all we have is support that keeps us going so we stick together. Although I'm beginning to think my fat cells have brains and discovered the strength in numbers thing. But I'm slowly assassination them one by one.

Esthet
  • danifo0811
    Options
    Shirley61 wrote: »
    All of you are doing great! Drs. stats can be so deflating, as when you have high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes and cholesterol problems they want you lower than normal. So then the struggle becomes even greater. Been there done that , and still working on it to get some weight that will be good for my stats. I will work on this probably forever due to family history when that also can be deflating.
    What you have to remember is NEVER STOP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING!! We can do this and
    we will!!! Strength in numbers!!

Shirley

When I quit this last year, I was frustrated because I was eating to lose and losing nothing. I felt like what was the point. Well, I can say now that the point would have been to maintain rather than gain! I find no matter how long I go with good eating habits it always has to be conscious. When I move to autopilot, I will always go for junk, even if it makes more work. Over the last few months I've been coming to terms with the process and journey rather than the goal. I have my goals (I would love to use my bins of prepregnancy clothes) but it is more important now that I can say over that time that I met my goals for fruits, veggies, and junk food/bread products in moderation.

• slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    @danifo0811 logging and being honest with yourself is really so important. measuring is very helpful to because a little extra here and there ends up on the scale:( so glad to hear the mental part is there for you, really the most important piece is to get your head in the game!! glad you came back!

Stephanie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    SW 189.4
    CW 188.4
    GW 169.4

4/1 - 188.4
    4/11- 186.4
    4/18- 186.0
    4/25- 186.6   
    5/2 - 186.0
    5/9 - 187.6   :o
    5/16-186.6
    5/23-186.6 maintained
    5/30- traveling and no scale

Well I maintained this week but no loss. I will not be able to enter my weight next Monday as I will
    be away and have no scale. I will enter my date here now and see you here the following Monday.

Shirley
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    119 this morning! Gained 4 lbs while on vacation.

Back to working it off for me.

Need to be at 115 again by June 28 for my mini beach trip with my sister.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Down to 116.8 this morning.
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    206.6, pulling it back down.
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    @vicky1947mfp and @Eninad...kudos to both of you! This is how we do it!

Connie
  • danifo0811
    Options
    SW 184.4
    CW 183.4

We've been painting in our free time and have finally gotten our baseboards and window frames painted. The kids got a garden in and we have baby peppers growing. I'm excited to have them be big peppers!

In the last 2 weeks it has changed from cool spring weather to hot summer weather. I'm not actually a fan of hot weather unless I'm at the beach!
  • Shirley61
    Options
    CW 188.4
    GW 169.4

4/1 - 188.4
    4/11- 186.4
    4/18- 186.0
    4/25- 186.6   
    5/2 - 186.0
    5/9 - 187.6   
    5/16-186.6
    5/23-186.6 maintained
    5/30- traveling and no scale
    6/6- 185.4

I have not been here for two weeks and did have a loss. As you can see its very slow.
    I am nursing a sore knee from last Friday. My exercise has not been the usual. I am going to
    yoga class today to see how I feel.

Shirley
  • edellaratta
    edellaratta Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Hope your knee is feeling better Shirley!
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Thanks, I did go some Yoga this morning at my class and no pain I guess that's a good sign.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Still no loss. I did see 195 last Friday, but back up to 200 today.