Peanut Butter Cookies (Simple <5 ingredients?)

Options
DorkothyParker
DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
My coworker made 4 ingredient PB cookies using peanut butter, egg, a dash of vanilla, and sugar.

Can this be made sans sugar? I saw some keto recipes call for sweetener, but I do not care for adding sweet flavor. Is this necessary for texture/binding? Does anyone have a good recipe that doesn't use a lot of ingredients? I don't mind a little crumble, (her recipe sort of dusts once you bite in and I like that... I ate half a cookie already) but certainly need to be able to pick up the cookie.

I welcome any other cookie-type recipes that don't call for a million ingredients or a lot of specialty products.

If not, I can continue eating my PB on a spoon like other civilized ketoers, but I do like the occasional goodie.

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    The egg is for binding, I believe so you don't need any sweetener. Yours would just be more peanut butter-flavoured.
  • DorkothyParker
    Options
    Awesome! I'll give it a go tonight. I love PB. Back in the day, when I was pregnant, I bought a giant peanut butter cookie from local bakery. I bit into it and it wasn't peanut buttery enough so I went home and spread a thick layer of peanut butter on it. Still thought it needed more peanut butteryness.

So, yeah, I love peanut butter.
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    . . . If not, I can continue eating my PB on a spoon like other civilized ketoers, but I do like the occasional goodie.

Even better than PB on a spoon is this Peanut Butter Fudge. I didn't have any coconut milk so used HWC instead. Do keep them refrigerated for the best texture.

Also, the recipe doesn't say what size container to use. I used a 7" x 5" Pyrex storage container and cut the fudge into 35 1" squares.

• karebear5891
    karebear5891 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'll give it a go tonight. I love PB. Back in the day, when I was pregnant, I bought a giant peanut butter cookie from local bakery. I bit into it and it wasn't peanut buttery enough so I went home and spread a thick layer of peanut butter on it. Still thought it needed more peanut butteryness.

So, yeah, I love peanut butter.

Wondering if you tried it, and if so, how did they come out? I could go for a peanut butter cookie, and would also prefer not to have much sweet!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I got into trouble using powdered erythritol to make yummy peanut butter treats, but it would probably be fine for most people. I liked the sweetness and the texture.
  • jamaicasunshine
    jamaicasunshine Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The best flourless pb cookies I've ever had!!

http://detoxinista.com/2012/02/flourless-peanut-butter-chip-cookies/

I mostly make them without the chocolate chips...but will occasionally throw in a few dark chips :)
  • DorkothyParker
    Options
    I tried it with just peanut butter, an egg, and a dash of vanilla. Very powdery but maybe semi-transportable. Husbeast and Tiny Terror were not interested but I liked the slight change in texture compared to just eating peanut butter on a spoon. The lack of sweetness wasn't an issue. I am interested in trying again with baking Splenda, though.