Have you had any chocolate lately? :)

Options

Replies

• melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Try Hershey's Pure Dark Chocolate Squares.
    3 Squares = 160 cals

They're yummy and a great way to indulge without throwing yourself off track.
    Sometimes just having one will do the trick!
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I keep it on hand ALWAYS!!! Just scored some dark chocolate covered blueberries & acai..if that isn't health food I don't know what is!!!
  • natalianogueira
    natalianogueira Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I eat it almost everyday. But I usually don't eat a whole candy bar, just a piece. And I usually get semi sweet or dark chocolate. :smile:
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    This stuff is amazing!

https://www.rawchocpie.co.uk/

I tend to buy the chunks (20g) because its pretty hard not to eat a whole bar (60g) once you open it but the bars are better value... I experimented with the ingredients and I think 20g is about 120 calories: and completely satisfies my chocolate craving.

This is as good/better for you than dark chocolate and I think it tastes better too. you do need a little self discipline though :)
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I had some yesterday at a 50th wedding anniversary party. Otherwise, I don't eat it. I just save for special occassions.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Nearly every day. It doesn't actually have that many calories if you have a small quantity.
  • barfleurjo
    Options
    Once I've broken the habit of eating chocolate (usually a Kit-Kat or Maltersers) every day I can actually go for days without needing it.

My last chocolate was a slice of chocolate cake, celebrating the boyfriend's 50th birthday last Friday.
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I've discovered that my chocolate whey protein isolate powder tastes really good and I've been eating it with a spoon.

I know, I fail :(

I lol'd when I read this XD
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate everyday.

I don't understand why it not on the list of essential nutrients so I can track it.
    You know, just to make sure I'm getting my daily requirements met.
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    Once I've broken the habit of eating chocolate (usually a Kit-Kat or Maltersers) every day I can actually go for days without needing it.

My last chocolate was a slice of chocolate cake, celebrating the boyfriend's 50th birthday last Friday.

A week without it haha well done
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    When I started this diet I decided to have some chocolate or something I liked once a week, but I don't know if that's a good idea. If you want to lose weight you shouldn't have chocolate right? It's like a zillion calories. I heard you can have it if it fits into the calorie count...

Monday is chocolate day. What do you think?

It is only "zillions" of calories because people eat the wrong kind and in excess...ex: king size snickers bar.

I eat chocolate almost daily. In the form of very dark or semi-sweet/bittersweet chocolate. It has antioxidant benefits and tastes pretty damn good. My figure is no worse for wear either.

Saying you should "shouldn't eat" any particular food is kinda risky...making it a "bad" food or wandering into that black and white way of thinking is dangerous...eventually if you crave it bad enough you'll cave and eat it...and you're more likely to over-indulge.

A little chocolate once in a while will not kill you.

(I know I'll hear it from the anti-moderation crowd...but this is my personal opinion.)
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I am not big into restrictions beyond my caloric intake. If I feel that a 250 calorie candy bar is worth it I will eat it. Otherwise I make alternatives.
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    Nearly every day. It doesn't actually have that many calories if you have a small quantity.

And I see you've lost weight while doing it! :D
  • echandle12
    Options
    Chocolate is fine if you eat it in smaller doses. Dont eat a snickers bar daily, but a piece of chocolate can be just what you need to stop cravings and overdoing it. I like to bake chocolate quinoa bars, its a dessert, but has healthy stuff in it too. Just a 1 inch bar does the trick.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I eat Taste of Inspirations Authentic Belgian dark chocolate with orange almost every day. They're individually wrapped squares that have only 28 calories a piece.

The bonus is that they have over 100% of your daily amount of iron... which I find I'm always low on if I don't have one.
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Eat it and log it in! So long as you are not going over your limits, you're fine! I no longer "need" a chocolate bar every time I check out at the grocery store, but enjoy cocoa dusted almonds, chocolate covered granola bars, or even splitting a candy bar with my daughter!!
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    When I started this diet I decided to have some chocolate or something I liked once a week, but I don't know if that's a good idea. If you want to lose weight you shouldn't have chocolate right? It's like a zillion calories. I heard you can have it if it fits into the calorie count...

Monday is chocolate day. What do you think?

It is only "zillions" of calories because people eat the wrong kind and in excess...ex: king size snickers bar.

I eat chocolate almost daily. In the form of very dark or semi-sweet/bittersweet chocolate. It has antioxidant benefits and tastes pretty damn good. My figure is no worse for wear either.

Saying you should "shouldn't eat" any particular food is kinda risky...making it a "bad" food or wandering into that black and white way of thinking is dangerous...eventually if you crave it bad enough you'll cave and eat it...and you're more likely to over-indulge.

A little chocolate once in a while will not kill you.

(I know I'll hear it from the anti-moderation crowd...but this is my personal opinion.)

Thanks!
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    Eat it and log it in! So long as you are not going over your limits, you're fine! I no longer "need" a chocolate bar every time I check out at the grocery store, but enjoy cocoa dusted almonds, chocolate covered granola bars, or even splitting a candy bar with my daughter!!

I'll probably do that thanks, I'll see how I feel :)
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    eat some dark chocolate, it's not as bad for you! as long as you have it in moderation you should be fine.

I LOVE dark chocolate and usually have it when "aunt flo" comes into town ;)
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    I eat a small piece of dark chocolate almost daily.