Have you had any chocolate lately? :)

Options

Replies

• verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah ....... I eat a bit of DARK chocolate every day ...... and lost 45 lbs so far :drinker:
  • ruurik
    ruurik Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Not for about 3 months and not missing it either which is new for me! :)

Wow well done! That sounds impossible but yeah well done!

Thanks. It felt that way 4 months ago lol. A lot of people eat choco here and lose weight easily so whatever works for ya :)

I could live without chocolate, specifically. But I have a sweet tooth and the Green & Black's makes a nice dessert when I crave something sweet after a meal, and it's healthier than a slice of cake!

I was king of the sweet tooth. I would get some chocolate or cake from the fridge and eat it before I had left the kitchen lol. Needed a revolving door to keep going back LOL
  • likemeinvisible
    Options
    Eating chocolate will make you burn more fat during exercise:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21558573

Haven't had any in months though. Maybe I should, the calories are easy to deal with.
  • iieee
    iieee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have, I had a freddo frog (95 calories). And I don't feel guilty!
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    This stuff is amazing!

https://www.rawchocpie.co.uk/

I tend to buy the chunks (20g) because its pretty hard not to eat a whole bar (60g) once you open it but the bars are better value... I experimented with the ingredients and I think 20g is about 120 calories: and completely satisfies my chocolate craving.

This is as good/better for you than dark chocolate and I think it tastes better too. you do need a little self discipline though :)

Wow, thank you so much for this - I didn't know they exist, I have just placed my first order and can't wait to get my package!! :happy:

which one did you get?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Not for about 3 months and not missing it either which is new for me! :)

Wow well done! That sounds impossible but yeah well done!

Thanks. It felt that way 4 months ago lol. A lot of people eat choco here and lose weight easily so whatever works for ya :)

I could live without chocolate, specifically. But I have a sweet tooth and the Green & Black's makes a nice dessert when I crave something sweet after a meal, and it's healthier than a slice of cake!

I was king of the sweet tooth. I would get some chocolate or cake from the fridge and eat it before I had left the kitchen lol. Needed a revolving door to keep going back LOL

There are certain things I just cannot keep in the house, so I don't! But no matter how long I go not eating anything sweet, I still want it. So I have the dark chocolate around lunch usually and then end the day with a fruit smoothie with some peanut butter in it. Healthy alternatives that do the job. Not everyone needs that, but if you do, they're good to know about!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Go with Fiber one 90 calorie brownies... I LOVE them... only 90 calories, 8 grams of sugar (which isn't great but not terrible considering) and 5 grams of fiber... plus only 100mg of sodium
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I just had a teeny tiny ice cream cone full of mint chocolate chip ice cream and I regret nothing.
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I haven't had chocolate in about 3 weeks, but I am VERY focused at the mo.
  • bicoastalgirl
    bicoastalgirl Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i had chocolate last night. i also have a couple squares of good chocolate when i have a craving. if you limit the portion, it's really not a big deal.
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    i eat choclate 'every month' but when i do have it in my house ( not all of the time i will go overboard) i make sure i add it into my cals. for the day and it works i limit one serving .. it's possible to work with it.:)
  • kittenshark
    Options
    Only dark chocolate and mint chocolate from Lindt or the oxfam shop. I hate the sweet, milky stuff and white chocolate. I was drinking the cadbury hot chocolate 2 cups a day but when I found the Lindt dark chocolate one I've switched and haven't had such a craving. I visited the chocolate factory once and I tasted the raw cocoa beans--it's as pure as you can get.... only wish they sold them as is but the Lindt 99% comes pretty close.
  • CantarellaMiyani
    CantarellaMiyani Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'll have a square of *very* dark chocolate every few days - I budget it in for every day, but if I don't feel like it, I don't have it. Dark chocolate is good for you, in small doses.
  • nataliexxxx
    Options
    I eat chocolate once a week, maybe twice as long as it fits into my calorie limit
  • katymcd81
    katymcd81 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am an utter chocolate fiend. I'm feeling very motivated just now though (I'm just less than 2 weeks in), so I have had very little compared to usual. I think I have gone more days without chocolate than with in the past 2 weeks, which is a flipping miracle for me. I try to stick to 'fun-size', because I could quite easily demolish a 250g bar of dairy milk :blushing:.

I have found a good way of satisfying my cravings is my graze box...I quite frequently get the fruit/seed/nut mixes that have chocolate drops or buttons in, and that is really nice chocolate!

My friend is bringing me a slice of chocolate cake tonight, so I will cut it into small bits and portion it out over the next few days...it's made with dark chocolate and has very little flour in, so sounds like it won't be too disastrous!

Edit: that raw chocolate pie looks wonderful...I am so tempted!
  • ILuvLifehouse
    ILuvLifehouse Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Everyday I fit it in my allowance.. skinny cow bars or ice cream, dark choc kisses, fiber plus bars, etc. I'm trying to have a healthier way of eating instead of a diet so choc must be included.
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate daily. As long as I stay within my calorie allowance it's all good!
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Yep, almost everyday!!!
  • alisonlk
    alisonlk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    We have birthday cake once a month here at the office - there's a beautiful chocolate cake just sitting in the fridge. Luckily, Friday is my "cheat" day, so I plan on having a small slice as an afternoon treat.
  • DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    DAILY! That, or I will need to harm and/or kill someone! :)