Just the Basics June: Week 3 (6/16-6/22)

Options

Replies

• PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    SW: 249
    CW: 234
    GW: 150
    HEIGHT: 5'10"
    GW for this week is 232.

Glad to see you, @kathrout1973, jumping right back in. You have no idea how much your dedication is rubbing off on me. Thank you!

Today is one of the better days I've had in a long time. One Scotch Egg for breakfast and one pork chop for lunch. I've been busy as all get out today and that has helped to keep me from eating out of boredom. Reminder to myself: STAY BUSY!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    SW: 153.4
    Goal range for maintenance: 129-133
    CW: 132.6, yay
    Did well today in terms of sleep (fantastic, actually, for a change) and calories. Total carbs were high for me but net carbs were still in my goal range (I may have had both a Quest bar and an Atkins bar today ...). Exercise was minimal; I have a bad cold and my body felt run down so I tried to take it easy today and do more sedentary things.
  • tshirtartist
    tshirtartist Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Nuts are evil and wonderful. I am having to cut back on what I buy since I seem to want to eat too much with them. I'm starting to think I need to premeasure them out for the week and just go with that. Maybe that will slow me down....

I am still walking every day. My arthritis seems to be starting to accept it. It is not always painful. It isn't helping the stress fracture in my foot but it doesn't seem to be hurting it too much.... Those things are annoyingly slow to heal.

I have lost about 4 lbs this month but it is mostly inflammation. Around 158-159. My carbs are still a bit too high, and I tend to grab bad snacks that are carb heavy. Still working on rebuilding those good habits. My meals are fine. Snacks just need work.

This sounds so much like me. I can not limit nuts or nut butter very well. After eating close to a cup of them a couple of days ago I decided I needed to avoid them for now. I also relate on the snacks. Lately I have been making chia pudding by mixing chocolate protein powder ( I use one called clean lean protein by Nuzest ) almond milk and chia seeds. Has almost no carbs and super yummy. It is the most processed thing I have been eating and might not work for some of you but I really like it.
  • tshirtartist
    tshirtartist Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    I'm definately feeling some serious keto flu this time as I go back into keto after two months of being mostly out of it. Feel exhausted and mood swingy. I take all the supplements/electrolytes like a trooper, but bam. Never had it like this.
    It's okay though, I'm happy to know I'm going back to fat burning.it will pass and I'll be flying along with that amazing keto buzz! Can't wait for that.
    Have a great day, pals!

Is that what this is? Started in Tuesday and have been so tired, actually took a nap which is unheard for me and joints and body is achy. Hope it passes soon!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    I'm definately feeling some serious keto flu this time as I go back into keto after two months of being mostly out of it. Feel exhausted and mood swingy. I take all the supplements/electrolytes like a trooper, but bam. Never had it like this.
    It's okay though, I'm happy to know I'm going back to fat burning.it will pass and I'll be flying along with that amazing keto buzz! Can't wait for that.
    Have a great day, pals!

Is that what this is? Started in Tuesday and have been so tired, actually took a nap which is unheard for me and joints and body is achy. Hope it passes soon!

Could be! That first bit of water weight lost also flushes electrolytes from your system. 3000-5000mg of sodium per day is often needed to replenish it. Some extra potassium and magnesium (citrate) can help too. A cup of two of broth will help. I used to add a teaspoon of salt to water every day. Others like salt tablets. It seems like a crazy amount of salt but it does help. :)
  • PamamaJane
    Options
    Ah, the week end is here. I'm still going to focus on staying more busy than usual to keep me from eating out of boredom. Church function today will be a time I'll just have to stay strong and get through it without eating the goodies. I'll take along some string cheese and a couple of fat bombs for emergency use.
  • Adelia979
    Adelia979 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sw: 241 (ugh)
    Gw: 238 (this week)

I gained three pounds because I cheated, even though my goal last week was to not cheat :/
    This week, I will lose those three pounds again. Truth be told.
  • change04
    change04 Posts: 314 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    SW 240
    CW 238.7
    First goal weight under 200

It's been a testing week! Seriously I need to evaluate what I'm eating :s been over my carb goal and seem not to be getting alot of good fats in! Starting Monday need to start logging foods :
    Any suggestions would be greatful..
  • MarciGaf
    MarciGaf Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Nuts are evil and wonderful. I am having to cut back on what I buy since I seem to want to eat too much with them. I'm starting to think I need to premeasure them out for the week and just go with that. Maybe that will slow me down....

I am still walking every day. My arthritis seems to be starting to accept it. It is not always painful. It isn't helping the stress fracture in my foot but it doesn't seem to be hurting it too much.... Those things are annoyingly slow to heal.

I have lost about 4 lbs this month but it is mostly inflammation. Around 158-159. My carbs are still a bit too high, and I tend to grab bad snacks that are carb heavy. Still working on rebuilding those good habits. My meals are fine. Snacks just need work.

This sounds so much like me. I can not limit nuts or nut butter very well. After eating close to a cup of them a couple of days ago I decided I needed to avoid them for now. I also relate on the snacks. Lately I have been making chia pudding by mixing chocolate protein powder ( I use one called clean lean protein by Nuzest ) almond milk and chia seeds. Has almost no carbs and super yummy. It is the most processed thing I have been eating and might not work for some of you but I really like it.

With the snacks you need to pre-pack and cook snacks so it's easy to grad good choices. as soon as I bring home a bag of almonds I measure them out and put into small zip-lock bags. I also have cooked chicken wings and hard boiled eggs in fridge so when I want something to snack on there are good choices.

As I'm a chocaholic, I also keep Atkins chocolate bars in cupboard for when I just need the sweet treat. No real chocolate is allowed in the house. Thankfully my hubby has a savoury tooth so not a problem.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Back looking like stay-puff marshmallow woman.

Spring clean, freezer clear out, led me to choose to eat the yummy home made minestrone soup from pre this WOE rather than throw it out. Safe to say INFLAMATION. Sinus headache etc. Histammines from tomatoes, gluten in the little bit of pasta, sugars in the root vegies. Did not fill me up nor did my body like it. 124.7lb up over 2lbs from yesterday. Now to face facts and throw rest of yummy batch out!!
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    19th June - Daily Goals

Meds/supplements - yes
    Under Cals - yes
    under 50g carbs - yes

had a busy few days - Mum has arrived to visit but thankfully fully supports my WOE and is going to eat the same as me apart from a little bit of carbs added to it. I did go way over carbs yesterday but chose to eat fish and chips as we went to the beach and its my sons favourite treat but today has been great, been gardening all afternoon and haven't felt like bingeing at all which is great
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    My feelings about throwing out trigger foods is that my health is worth a few dollars worth of carbs. If I can donate or give away food that's good, but if I know it's my stomach or the dumpster I only hope that I can make the choice of dumpster. By not doing that sometimes I find myself deep into a prolonged carb-filled lapse. Just saying...
    Hey pals, hope we all have a funday sunday!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Been faithful in my logging and under my "hard stop" carb limit every day but well above my ideal carb goal - and forget calories. But MIL leaves tomorrow and life can go back to normal.
  • sadsongkrysy
    sadsongkrysy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of myself, it was my son's birthday and I successfully made cake without even sampling it. (Pms week too!)Anyways
    SW: 266
    CW: 238
    GW: 180
    Started my journey last December, completed JM 30 day shred, started p90x in March, on my last couple days! Started calorie counting 25 days ago, started Keto a week ago. My next goal is to start Tapout XT and keep meeting my daily cal/macros!! :D
  • MarciGaf
    MarciGaf Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in and measure day today and happy with results. Weight is finally moving down after a week of going slowly up, plus fat% and measurements are going down.Cut back on the exercise to every second day and this slowed the muscle build, just want to get below 100 kgs for my mini goal.
    SW: 252Lb
    CW: 227Lb
    GW: 160LB

Logged everyday :)
    Stayed under carb count everyday, however over in calories 2 days :o
    Drank water:love:
    Step count on average >5K:love:
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    CW 124.5  Great day.  Healthy choices but Weight gained. 4 hours cycling. Extra inch on both thighs!
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    starting late in the month 6/20, but I've got 10 days to go before month end.
    cw: 188.8
    gw: 184.8
  • PamamaJane
    Options
    This week has been better than last week but that isn't really saying much. There is one thing (ahem) going on in my life recently that is either going to lead me to double or triple down on this LCHF w/ related weight loss, (and I'll include weight lifting for toning up) or it's going to completely derail me. So far I'm leaning toward tripling down.

Under calorie limits -- meh
    Under carb limits -- much better than meh but not as good as it could be
    Exercise -- no cardio until today but more than my usual sedentary and lazy self.