How many times do you work out?

Options

Replies

• zenmummy
    zenmummy Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Shana67 wrote: »
    Pole dancing sounds fun! I work out 6x/week, for about an hour a day. I do Jazzercise (NO!! We are not about leg warmers anymore!!), and have for 2 years. LOVE it.

Sounds fun! Is that online/ class or DVD?
  • Megarachnid
    Megarachnid Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I workout about 6 days a week for about an hour a day give or take. Half of that time is spent lifting and half of that time is spent on various kinds of cardio....however, I'm recovering from a knee injury, so my cardio time is now spent on the stationary bike and doing PT--sniff :( . I change up my rotations every 4 weeks or so and take a recovery week every 8 weeks. My aging body needs it!
  • AdiFlatts
    AdiFlatts Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just started again, so far it's been 2 days a week on Tuesday and Thursday. ☺️
  • yogastrongmama
    yogastrongmama Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    M-F: 30min run, 1 hour power yoga, 20min bike ride (I'm a run/bike commuter)
    Either Sat or Sun I'll do a 30min run, though sometimes I take the whole weekend off.
  • DiIDE
    DiIDE Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I do 4 days and sometimes 5. I don,t like cardio but do it 1day, then three days of lifting. I warm up on cardio then 8-10 weight exercises and finish with 10 min on the treadmill. My gym has all Technogym equipment and I do like the Vario which is similar to a xtrainer but more of a running action and I use it for all my warm ups.
  • briannenauka
    briannenauka Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do CrossFit about 6 days a week. I run 1-3 miles after each CrossFit workout and do some kind of core or accessory work. I spend about 3 days focusing on power lifts and then 1-2 days focusing on Olympic weightlifting.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    zenmummy wrote: »
    Shana67 wrote: »
    Pole dancing sounds fun! I work out 6x/week, for about an hour a day. I do Jazzercise (NO!! We are not about leg warmers anymore!!), and have for 2 years. LOVE it.

Sounds fun! Is that online/ class or DVD?

I take classes at one of Jazzercise's "Premier" facilities. It's very nice, great instructors, and an awesome locker room/showers so I can go to class at 6am and get ready for work after. I LOVE IT.
  • tinaka2016
    tinaka2016 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I work out approximately 3 times a week but from this week I'm going to increase this to 5. My routine starts with a ten minute warm up on either a treadmill or cross trainer followed by a 30 min weight session (changing my targeted muscle groups each session). Then I finish with a further 25 minutes of cardio. I'm hoping to lose those stubborn last pounds as going on holiday at the end of July. I might change an odd session to spinning just for the variation.
  • wantoldme
    wantoldme Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I workout normally 5-6 times a week but I am striving for 7 days a week.
  • nakima
    nakima Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I lift weights 4 days a week 2 leg days then upper body split then on weekends I take a 4 to 5 mile walk and that's about it for cardio my gym time lasts anywhere between 1 hr 15 mins to 1 hr 45 mins. I am in my 50's and I love lifting heavy weights :smile:
  • ninenines
    ninenines Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I do the following in a week:
    - four weight lifting sessions (Wendler 45min-1hr each).
    - netball training (1.5hrs)
    - netball game (1hrs)
    - usually umpire a game (1hr)
    - flexibility/mobility work (less than I need)
  • agentile715
    agentile715 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy 3/week and spin (Peloton at home) 3/week. Fridays are rest days bc Im tired and sore! ;)
  • trudiebamford
    trudiebamford Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I work out every day, for 45-60 minutes. I was doing a lot of cardio, with some strength work, but I was getting so tired, so I've cut back on the LISS cardio. Now I'm doing barre classes/weights/HIIT, instead.
  • zbobbsemple
    zbobbsemple Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    In the summer I was walking about 2 miles a day outside or doing indoor cardio to include hiit. Weight training ruled the workout. I found my body builds muscle fast so now Im back to 3 days cardio and 2 day weight training with a minimum of 30 minutes each session. With cardio I switch it up walks, elliptical, Cize keeps me motivated. Strength I split between upper and lower body freestyling and yoga.
  • Derpy_Hooves
    Derpy_Hooves Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I do a combination of spin/hiit/circuit three to four times a week. It's only a 45 minute class, so it's quick in and out.
    I wouldn't call myself a sporty person but I absolutely lovelovelove the spinning. I feel it's great for my stamina and the circuit training gives me toning.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I workout between 3-6 times a week depending on my week and how busy I am with work and family stuff. Monday & Thursday I always try to catch a spin class, Tuesday is aerial class, Wednesday is pole class, and Friday or Saturday are either a private pole lesson or pole work at home, and Sunday is generally always a rest day, although last week I did work on my pole routine that's due at the end of October.

Friday & Saturday are always work dependent b/c there's a chance that I have to work that evening.
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    daily hot vinyasa yoga. everyday and sometimes 2x on the weekend!
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    yoga has done so much for tone and shape of my body, the weight loss of mfp and yoga is an added bonus!