After finding my TDEE, I'm considering a slow cut - thoughts/feedback?

Options

Replies

• Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    @TerezaToledo - thank you for that advice!!

@heybales - very true about the increased sitting & eating out potentials during planning. Already this week I have to adjust my workout days because of getting my engagement ring re-sized and more family meetings.

Will keep you updated how things are going next week ;)
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Congratulations! How exciting!
    You will look amazing and beautiful on your day.
    It might be worth making sure you get in some 'down time' type workouts like yoga, pilates, leisure walking, as the day gets nearer and you might, just sayin you might :), start getting a bit more stress going!
    Ichel
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    Thank you Ichel! Good suggestions :)
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the engagement! Awesome news!!
    As the others have said, keep doing what your doing. That is what your short term focus is, so a wedding shouldnt neccessarily change them. Also, big PLUS not having to stress like most brides do about "looking perfect" by losing a quick 15 pounds.. You know you are already rocking it and will look amazing no matter what!

Agree with Ichel, get in some down time. Stress might be your biggest hindrance with planning.

Kelly
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    Thank you Kelly!! I am definitely noticing that my appetite isn't there as much - probably just my mind going a million miles a minute
  • pamatc2
    pamatc2 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Every time I step on the scale and it doesn't go down (or even slightly up), I consider cutting my calories. Then I realize that I really haven't been sticking to my calories every day and often eat over, so It's not the calories I need to cut, it's just that I need to eat the amount I am suppose to, every day.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    So true @patmatc2!

Update: Current weight: 153.6 lbs - down 4.6 lbs in June which I'm pumped about and my weight has been steady through the weekend as well. Back at the gym tonight to keep it going! Lots of painting, decluttering and moving over the weekend yet my appetite is still a bit suppressed.
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Wow, great results for June. You'll be at goal weight soon! Are you cutting through July?
  • lwhayes820
    lwhayes820 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    @Jennifer_Lynn_1982 - Congrats on your engagement! And, great progress in June! Are you following a particular strength training program?

What is your target calorie goal and what are your target macros?

Thanks.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    @saranharm Thank you!! Yes hopefully by September :)

@ iwhayes820 I used @heybales spreadsheet to determine my approximate TDEE and worked my way up to TDEE through the fall and ate at maintenance or above from Nov until Feb (approximately 2050 calories or more). Then I started a slow cut (about 10%) and became more aggressive in June (15%). My current calories are set at 1770, macros set at 35% protein / 25% fat / 40% carbs. I eat mostly plant based with some eggs but focused more on plant-based foods the last half of June. Currently my strength program is a 5 day per week program (the last half of June) but prior to that I was doing PHUL (https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout). I hope that helps!
  • lwhayes820
    lwhayes820 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    Down to 153.0 today - down 0.6 lbs this past week (lowest weight this week was 152.6)

Dress shopping is this Saturday and I'm looking forward to it to be honest. I know I'm not right where I want to be but I know I'll be there soon and I know that I'll be able to maintain until our wedding in January. Super excited for this experience!
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I'm am sure that you will have hard time chosing one, because they will all look phenomenal on you! How fun and exciting! Do you have a style in mind?
    Regardless of the scale going down or not, you may need some adjustments closer to the date. You will maintain (wow, what an NSV, can I share it?) but you may find yourself slimmer by then since you are lifting.

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Jennifer - I think my wedding dress is at my grandma's house - I am tempted to try it on again! Wedding dresses are actually very slimming and makes you feel like a princess regardless of how you look!
  • empressichel
    Options
    Down to 153.0 today - down 0.6 lbs this past week (lowest weight this week was 152.6)

Dress shopping is this Saturday and I'm looking forward to it to be honest. I know I'm not right where I want to be but I know I'll be there soon and I know that I'll be able to maintain until our wedding in January. Super excited for this experience!

How exciting! What an awesome time in your life. Enjoy it all!
    Ichel
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    Thanks everyone! @TerezaToledo I did have a style in mind and actually I found a dress that fit all of those boxes after trying on every other style in the book (25 dresses tried on in a day). It's such a beautiful dress....lace with straps and a low back and a very slimming shape. Cannot wait to walk down the aisle in it! I ended up buying it a day later because every other dress that I tried on was compared to that one.
  • empressichel
    Options
    25 dresses? I think that counts as a serious workout!
    That's great that you found the perfect one though. I bet you look amazing. Sounds beautiful. It's all getting very real <3
    Ichel
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    @Jennifer_Lynn_1982 How exciting that you found the perfect dress! Yes, Ichel is right, that was a serious workout! I am sure you will look amazing on the big day and your fiancee will be blown away when he sees you!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    @Jennifer_Lynn_1982 I'm so glad you shared this! Yes, the body reacts differently to different situations. It's crazy how it can hold onto every thing we eat if we eat less and it just relax and changes the pace when we fuel it right.

Tereza
    Team EM2WL