Ketogenic Works

Options
froyseef
froyseef Posts: 52 Member
Ketogenic continues to work for me. No slips because: 1. I am seriously committed. 2. My labs are scientific proof this is working. 3. Friends who "slip" say it makes them feel sick" 4. I love not craving chocolate and other things like ice cream and donuts. 5. It is working, slowly and steadily!

Replies

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I have friends who constantly bemoan their weight, its so easy to gain as you get older. They asked how I lost - I told them. They tell me that they can't give up fruit, bread or something else carb laden. Even with the fruit you can add in in moderation, they have a million excuses. Oh well, there is such a thing as free will. Its all in the choices we make.

@SueMizzou52...I once heard a person say, "It's easier to get someone to change their religion than it is to get them to change their diet" and unfortunately, most of the time I've found this to be true. Those of us who have had a scary health or medical driven wake-up call and have listened to our bodies and take the appropriate action find it easier to make what for many is a drastic lifestyle change but we do it by choice and willingly at that because we've already seen the kind of damage we are doing to ourselves and we also better understand long-term health and life improvements because of such a change.
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I feel that what we choose to eat is our own business. If I see someone choosing sweet tea and chicken and dumplings, I keep my mouth SHUT! And I would appreciate the same consideration from them.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    kmn118 wrote: »
    I feel that what we choose to eat is our own business. If I see someone choosing sweet tea and chicken and dumplings, I keep my mouth SHUT! And I would appreciate the same consideration from them.

Same!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Ketogenic woe has changed my life!! So happy to see others having the same benefits!!

• RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    working for me too. I love looking at the bread on the table and not even wanting a taste any longer.
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the great work :)
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    kmn118 wrote: »

@kmn118....I agree with you 100% and I follow the same tactic. I never comment on what other people eat. It's just a good rule of thumb to follow.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Am down some pounds --maybe about 12 or so but i was wearing a size 8 and am now likely a 4--so ppl notice and ask, "How did you lose weight"..i never say KETO or Low Carb, i just go---i've cut out the whites.

The person invariably says "oh yea, that will do it--no sugar and no flour" so they KNOW keto works, they ALL already know but... unless they can back off of sugar, sweets, bread to excess, not sure anything will change.

I've had a few friends say "i can't live without pasta"....my feeling is "pasta, who cares"...am eating out 6 to 8 times a week and this woe is very EZ.