The Last 10: Action Plan (no complaints!)

Options
bananabeannn
bananabeannn Posts: 110 Member
Hi everybody!

Alright so - many of us want to lose those last 10 little bratty pounds. YES it is hard. I, myself, am not exempt from having whined a significant amount about how hard or impossible this is. My goal here is to create a forum of guys and gals who are ready to do this together. I know myself that I can be so easily discouraged, and I wanted us to have a place where we can share our successes and encouragements.

I've been trolling the maintainers and success stories forums and it sounds like it is most definitely a possibility. Join me here if you would like to be friends, and talk about how we are going to do this, together!

I have an open diary and will begin updating it tomorrow on the regular.

I'm 5'3, 130lbs, want to get to about 118. Been at 130 for years. My plan is 1500 calories per day and 5 days a week of HIIT/weight training.

Welcome, and come say hello!

BB

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi! I've lost 10 pounds and am at a plateau with another 10 to go.
  • rskmom
    rskmom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would love to lose 10 pounds (possibly 15). I too have been fighting with this forever. I'm 5'4 and 140 pounds. I exercise with HITT workouts too/weight training. I'm going to try and stay at 1200-1400 calories. Let's do this!!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    I'm going to try to stay at 1500 calories and should lose 0.5 pounds a week according to MFP. ( I tried 1200 in the past to lose 1 pound a week but struggled terribly with hunger and gnawing carb cravings.)
  • Megarachnid
    Megarachnid Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm working on the last 10 lbs--well, the last 9.6 as of this morning. I've been plateaued forever and I'm finally seeing a little progress (my total loss is 46 lbs). I hope to see my goal by the end of summer. I lift weights, do cardio, and eating around 1600 cal per day. Any lower and it will trigger binging for me.
  • ZB1110
    ZB1110 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yes me - my plan is 1500 total cals and I lift weight 4 times a week and run 5-7 times. If I eat clean and stick to it I can get there. But like today I feel like I'm losing - you know no bloat cloths fitting loose, so that when my body starts to fight back and makes me hungry. Then I eat too much. weight loss stops - repeat repeat.

So I'm making a eating plan every morning and will try to do my best to follow the plan. Only eat when and what I had planned and stay mindful and stay focused on my goal.
  • bananabeannn
    bananabeannn Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Welcome everybody! I love everybody's plans! Gosh, 1200 calories definitely seems low, doesn't it? I have my goal at 1500 and I'm still hungry...goes to show how much we eat on the regular, right? I'm going to get back into working out soon, but for now just focusing on diet. And focusing on the long haul. I am weighing in every day as an exercise in not getting too uptight regarding daily fluctuations. I also started taking a folate supplement today, and am going to gradually work my way up to taking the folate, a multi, a magnesium, a biotin, and maybe a melatonin. AND having a good 7-8 hours of sleep a night, and reducing caffeine. I know, it's a lofty goal, but enough is enough. I'm tired of running on empty.

Whoever wants to add me feel free!
  • ZB1110
    ZB1110 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Ok down 3 lbs I need strength for the weekend:)
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    TRYING TO RID THE LAST 10-15 LBS IS GOING SO SLOW. I DO NOT LIKE THE SCALE,IT RUINS MY SELF ESTEEM IF I LOOK AT NUMBERS, I CAN TELL BY HOW I LOOK AND MY CLOTHES. I FIT INTO MY OLD CLOTHES, BUT WEIGH MORE THAN BEFORE DUE TO A DAILY HOT YOGA PRACTICE. I AM 5' 8 WEIGH 140. I SUFFER HORRIBLE SWEET CRAVINGS AT NITE. TRYING TO JUST EAT DINNER WHEN I AM HUNGRY INSTEAD OF SNACKING. I GET PLENTY OF SLEEP AND EXERCISE.....IT IS THE LITTLE BIT OF THIS AND THAT. EVERYONE SAYS I LOOK GREAT, BUT I STILL SEE WHERE IT NEEDS IMPROVEMENT. IT WAS EXTREMELY HARD TO GET THE WEIGHT OFF THIS TIME AS I AM 50 AND ON STEROIDS FOR LIFE FOR A MEDICAL CONDITION, BUT I DID IT. JUST A LITTLE MORE TO GO! ALL HELP WELCOME. I STAY AROUND 1340 CAL. PER DAY AND PLENTY OF EXERCISE. DO NOT EAT BACK EXERCISE CAL. THANKS JENNIFER
  • DebSozo
    edited July 2016
    Options
    TRYING TO RID THE LAST 10-15 LBS IS GOING SO SLOW. I DO NOT LIKE THE SCALE,IT RUINS MY SELF ESTEEM IF I LOOK AT NUMBERS, I CAN TELL BY HOW I LOOK AND MY CLOTHES. I FIT INTO MY OLD CLOTHES, BUT WEIGH MORE THAN BEFORE DUE TO A DAILY HOT YOGA PRACTICE. I AM 5' 8 WEIGH 140. I SUFFER HORRIBLE SWEET CRAVINGS AT NITE. TRYING TO JUST EAT DINNER WHEN I AM HUNGRY INSTEAD OF SNACKING. I GET PLENTY OF SLEEP AND EXERCISE.....IT IS THE LITTLE BIT OF THIS AND THAT. EVERYONE SAYS I LOOK GREAT, BUT I STILL SEE WHERE IT NEEDS IMPROVEMENT. IT WAS EXTREMELY HARD TO GET THE WEIGHT OFF THIS TIME AS I AM 50... THANKS JENNIFER

Jennifer, that is a perfect weight for your height! Congratulations

• Silveya
    Silveya Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    To Jennifer: I eat watermelon when I get a late night sweet tooth. It's my go to for as long as it's in season.

To Everyone: Hi there, I'm aiming for my last 8 lbs. Goal weight is 120 lbs. I'm 5'4 and got there last year. An injury helped get the pounds back on. This time going at it slower and more cautiously. I have plenty of bad habits but will be ridding myself of them a little at a time. Friend me if you want, I love giving and receiving virtual high fives in the form of hitting "like". Nice to meet all of you! :)
  • motivatekait
    motivatekait Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm 5'5" 125.6lbs, looking to get to 120lbs. I workout 5 days a week (hiit, weights and pilates) and eat around 1300 a day. I'm very active and I log daily, feel free to add me as a friend! (except for OP-- we're already friends! :P )
  • LostintheAmazon
    LostintheAmazon Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I might as well, I am 5'7", 3 years ago I was 160 lbs, now plateaued at 142 and its driving me nuts. My goal is to get to 130. I fought for years with bulimia and still struggle sometimes, but my plan is 1200-1300, cal per day, up to 1500 on hard work days (My job requires a LOT of being on my feet-up to 15 hours per day, and heavy lifting), and my exercise plan for now is my job, my days off is a combination of running or hiking and weight training with occasional martial arts/punching bag workouts to mix it up, or resting.
  • Working2BBetter
    Working2BBetter Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 5'7" too. I have been bouncing between 150 and 140 for at least 8 years now. I have flirted with 136 a few times, but it does not last... I'd love to get to 132... Right now I am 140...

I try to stay under 1600cal per day, but might have to look at bumping this down a bit because it is not working for me! I also limit to 500 cal. 2x per week (intermittent fasting) I have been doing this for 3 years now.

I work out every day. Cardio and weight training 2 days, then longer cardio the third day, then repeat...

Recently tried changing up my macro's to see if that helps, but honestly I've has a few trip lately that had me going over on my calories....

I'm also going to try walking every evening. I have a desk job, and usually veg. in the evening... (Workout 5:30 am daily...)

Lets do this!
  • Silveya
    Silveya Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Murr, fourth of July weekend killed my progress. Lol! Rained the whole weekend and instead of going out side I ate "the world"! Gained three pounds! I'll get it off again asap, so no worries! Just reporting in. I hope that's OK to do once a week..?
  • Wahlster
    Wahlster Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Heyo! I'm 5'5, down from originally 178 lbs about a year and a half ago, but managed the most recent drop from 160lbs to 148lbs (my current weight) in the last 8 months or so.

My goal is to hit between 130-135lbs and stay there for a month or two before working on muscle gains back up to around 140-145lbs.

For whatever reason, while 150lbs used to be the magical barrier, I really can't seem to push myself down past 147.5lbs.

Was previously allotting myself 1200 kcals a day, and logging all activity over 20 mins in length for extra daily kcals -- mostly short to mid distance running (5-6 mi), some rollerblading -- but with my absolutely hectic schedule as an emergency worker, combined with sometimes unpredictable double-shifts, I found maintaining the 1.5lbs/week burn too prone to me cheating way past daily allowable kcals (like between -200 to -400 kcals a day). I had MFP adjust to losing at a rate of 1lb/week and recalculated to 1400 kcals a day, hoping that I'll actually between .5-1lbs/week of loss.

Good luck to everyone else here!
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi I would like to join! I'm 5'8 and currently around 137. I lost 10 lbs a couple years ago and got stuck at around 135. I have maintained 135 easily for over a year, then recently fell off the wagon, stopped working out or caring what I was eating for a few months. I only gained a couple pounds but I am out of shape. Even though I am at a healthy weight for my height, my bf % is higher than I would prefer. I would like to go down to around 128.

How I lost weight before was on a slight deficit (250/day), heavy lifting, and minimal cardio because I don't love it and it makes me hungry. I think during the summer I will do a little higher of a deficit (400 cal) because there are so many days when randomly do something with friends and I end up eating or drinking more than I planned. So for now I am at 1740 calories (TDEE method so includes exercise cals). I am also focusing on getting my fitness levels up. I don't feel ready yet to go back to heavy weights, so I am doing body weight, dumbbells, machines for a few weeks until I feel ready for barbell work again.
  • Justrun82
    Justrun82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join too. Maybe I will stay motivated with a group holding me accountable. I am 5'3' and weight 130 lbs. My goal is 118 lbs in the next 8 weeks. This has always been my "happy and confident" weight and I hope to return to it soon.

I am trying the Whole 30 program. I work as a nurse at a Hospice facility and have carbs shoved in my face all day long. I needed someway to cope with the constant temptation.
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    THANKS FOR THOSE WHO HELPED ME. I GUESS ACCEPTANCE PLAYS A PART WITH WEIGHT AND HOW YOU SEE YOURSELF VS. HOW OTHERS SEE YOU. I JUST FEEL I AM TOO MUSCULAR. WOULD I NEED TO LOWER MY PROTEIN? CARBS? I WORKOUT DAILY, HOT POWER VINYASA YOGA. I ALSO PAINT BY DAY FOR WORK, HOUSES.
  • MalbaJayne
    MalbaJayne Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Looks good, everyone!

I'm Melissa, 26 YO and female. Lost a total of ten pounds, but once summer came and I was on break (I'm a teacher,) traveling and drinking way more, 5 of those lbs crept right back on my waist!

Goal: 5 REAL lb loss (not water, fat!) by August 1. Another 5 by Sept 1. So, 130 (which will be my lightest in years!) by Sept 1.

Plan: I'm very active, so am aiming for 1650 calories a day, plus 5-6 days of working out a week (either boxing or running + some weight training.)
    - Drink less. This has to be my number 1, since this is where I do my damage!
    - Eat lighter lunches. I tend to be hungry at night, but if I eat lighter lunches I can allow for that.
    - Don't waste calories on binge foods that don't feel like binge foods. So, a piece of chocolate here and there, but no fries or chips!

I would LOVE for online buddies to help hold me accountable!!!
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    MalbaJayne wrote: »
    Looks good, everyone!

I'm Melissa, 26 YO and female. Lost a total of ten pounds, but once summer came and I was on break (I'm a teacher,) traveling and drinking way more, 5 of those lbs crept right back on my waist!

Goal: 5 REAL lb loss (not water, fat!) by August 1. Another 5 by Sept 1. So, 130 (which will be my lightest in years!) by Sept 1.

Plan: I'm very active, so am aiming for 1650 calories a day, plus 5-6 days of working out a week (either boxing or running + some weight training.)
    - Drink less. This has to be my number 1, since this is where I do my damage!
    - Eat lighter lunches. I tend to be hungry at night, but if I eat lighter lunches I can allow for that.
    - Don't waste calories on binge foods that don't feel like binge foods. So, a piece of chocolate here and there, but no fries or chips!

I would LOVE for online buddies to help hold me accountable!!!

Hit me up, drop me a message anytime you feel like eating some crud ill motivate that chip right outa your mouth and make you grab a carrot :wink: