Rainbow OMAD Thread

Options
rainbowvenus
rainbowvenus Posts: 28 Member
Good day everyone! I am starting this thread to track my progress with OMAN, continue to stay motivated, and possibly find an OMAD buddy who would like to track with me!

I (re)started June 25, 2016.

Last year I stumbled on OMAD and whittled myself down 30 lbs (to 184lbs). I was halfway to goal, but a 2 week visit to Germany re-programmed my eating habits, and when I got back to the States I ravaged food until I ballooned up to 210. Now I have been doing OMAD for 13 days, and I'm down 5 lbs. Yay! I want to continue to progress through this journey and eventually make it to my goal weight of 150.

Replies

• rainbowvenus
    Options
    Day 1, Week 1
    Height 5'7
    Weight 210

Motivation: Going on vacation at the end of July! I would like to feel comfortable in cooler summer clothing.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    When you get to where you want to be, if you can remain there for four months, you'll tend to stay there. It's those early days of arriving at a new weight that you have to be mindful of staying there.
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Welcome, RainbowVenus!
  • rainbowvenus
    Options
    Day 14 of OMAD! Aside from the downfall of the holiday, I have been staying strong. I'm no longer hungry during the day. This has helped keep me from indulging in the office candy bowl at work. I have been eating one meal a day, and I am 6 pounds down in 14 days. That's an average of 3 pounds a week. I hit 210 pounds and it was too much for me. I knew it was time to change.

This journey has already shown me how much of my eating was environment triggered. I get very stressed out, and my reaction is to crave sugar. I have been journaling and taking time to reflect with my newly taken up yoga practice to make changes. I don't want food to control me anymore.

Thank you to everyone who responded to this thread. It is my goal to update this thread at least once a day to stay accountable.
  • rainbowvenus
    Options
    Right now I have 202 pounds. This is the time I have to be really careful because I start seeing success, and then I backslide into old habits that counteracts my success. I learned some time last year that I get nervous with success. I think that ties into part of the reason that I gained weight, which is to shield myself physically. I don't think I should be scared of success anymore, but past pitfalls have taught me that if I'm not in the game it can all slip away.

I am highly motivated right now! I go on vacation in 2 weeks, which should be more than enough time to lose the last two pounds to be under 200 pounds for my vacation in California which is my first shot term goal. I'm so excited!
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    You should be excited, and you should remember that fear of success is quite common. Just stay with it.
  • rainbowvenus
    Options
    You should be excited, and you should remember that fear of success is quite common. Just stay with it.

Thank you!
  • rainbowvenus
    Options
    Update for 7/11/16:

I am now .7 from being under 200 lbs.

I learned a little something yesterday. I get more psychological cravings now than physical ones. I am not hungry during the day, but I get something in my mind that sounds good and I concentrate on it until I fulfill it. For example, early last week I was hungry for Carne Asada fries from the local Mexican fast food joint. I ignored it for several days, but after my feeding window was pushed back by an hour yesterday I decided to break down and go get it. I knew I wasn't going to eat the whole thing, but it seemed like the craving would subside if I just gave in. So I ordered my fries, enjoyed the heck out of the portion I did eat, and gave the rest to my boyfriend.

1) It didn't taste THAT great. It satiated me with the taste I was craving, but it wasn't as fantastic as I was expecting. 2) Although I am going into week 3 of OMAD, I didn't think my body was to the point it craved healthy foods yet. However, after the food passed through my stomach like liquid lava I felt TERRIBLE. Seriously terrible. I soothed my tummy with water and some walking on the treadmill. Now I know a psychological craving is not worth the physical repercussions!

I have struggled with emotional eating and binge eating long before I knew these were conditions. A few months ago when I knew I was 'trying' to lose weight but nothing was happening I started a journal to help keep me on track. It pin pointed a lot of my emotional downfalls where I turned to food (sugar) for comfort or stress relief. Interestingly enough, I feel more balanced now eating one meal a day and it seems my stress levels have also come down. There was only one day last week I caved and ate a few cookies at work. I took the lesson of not beating yourself up for not having a 'perfect' day (which usually triggers more binging to ease the negative feelings about failure), and moved on. This week my boyfriend has said he wants to cook every day, so I will be eating less fast food/more homecooked meals which I am looking forward too. I still have a little sugary dessert after my meals, but it is coming down (with the intentions of stopping completely) and easing away from fast (processed) foods will be good.

Loving my OMAD lifestyle so far.
  • vrojapu
    Options
    What a great update - thank you for sharing!!
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Update for 7/11/16:

I am now .7 from being under 200 lbs.

I learned a little something yesterday. I get more psychological cravings now than physical ones. I am not hungry during the day, but I get something in my mind that sounds good and I concentrate on it until I fulfill it. For example, early last week I was hungry for Carne Asada fries from the local Mexican fast food joint. I ignored it for several days, but after my feeding window was pushed back by an hour yesterday I decided to break down and go get it. I knew I wasn't going to eat the whole thing, but it seemed like the craving would subside if I just gave in. So I ordered my fries, enjoyed the heck out of the portion I did eat, and gave the rest to my boyfriend.

1) It didn't taste THAT great. It satiated me with the taste I was craving, but it wasn't as fantastic as I was expecting. 2) Although I am going into week 3 of OMAD, I didn't think my body was to the point it craved healthy foods yet. However, after the food passed through my stomach like liquid lava I felt TERRIBLE. Seriously terrible. I soothed my tummy with water and some walking on the treadmill. Now I know a psychological craving is not worth the physical repercussions!

I have struggled with emotional eating and binge eating long before I knew these were conditions. A few months ago when I knew I was 'trying' to lose weight but nothing was happening I started a journal to help keep me on track. It pin pointed a lot of my emotional downfalls where I turned to food (sugar) for comfort or stress relief. Interestingly enough, I feel more balanced now eating one meal a day and it seems my stress levels have also come down. There was only one day last week I caved and ate a few cookies at work. I took the lesson of not beating yourself up for not having a 'perfect' day (which usually triggers more binging to ease the negative feelings about failure), and moved on. This week my boyfriend has said he wants to cook every day, so I will be eating less fast food/more homecooked meals which I am looking forward too. I still have a little sugary dessert after my meals, but it is coming down (with the intentions of stopping completely) and easing away from fast (processed) foods will be good.

Loving my OMAD lifestyle so far.

Sounds great. You are well on your well to reshaping your life. And what you describe is part of the process. I love how open you are about your struggles. I know them well. Time will continue to make changes, and you'll continue to find peace.
  • rainbowvenus
    Options
    Things are going good with OMAD. Today I had a stressful day at work. Instead of shoving my face fully of candy, as I normally would, I took one piece of candy to have after my dinner. Instead of turning to food after work when I was feeling defeated, I decided to jump on the treadmill in an attempt to burn off some stress. I ended up walking for 2 hours and now I feel much happier, calm, and ready for some homecooked chicken! This morning I was down another .4. All things looking good to be under 200 for my vacation although this turn around isn't about meeting weight loss goals in a certain amount of time. I have put restrictions on myself before like "lose X amount of weight before X time." It didn't work and I felt like a failure when I didn't meet yet another goal. This was about stopping the endless cycle of unhappiness and food obsession.

Staying motivated!
  • rainbowvenus
    Options
    Today I am up .2, but I am still extremely happy! I know my body is adjusting since I dropped by 2 lbs, 2 times last week.

Today I am feeling nice and hungry but it is not unmanagable. I have not been drinking enough water the last few days. I have been so busy I can barely change my mind let alone get more water in me. I tend to drink Iced Tea with dinner since I like to have something flavored with food. I'm proud that I have not given in to any soda temptations over the last few weeks. I have been sticking to water and tea, or sometimes a black coffee during work. I cannot do artificially sweetened beverages because I have a reaction to Aspartame. It makes me break out in these horrible red bumps.

I have 10 days until vacation. It could not come fast enough! I plan to go shopping on Saturday for some summer clothes to wear at Disney.
  • thebobogrind
    thebobogrind Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I love Disney! You are going to feel great and enjoy your trip so much! Good job, and I really enjoy reading your updates, the one from July 11th really resonated with me...
  • rainbowvenus
    Options
    I love Disney! You are going to feel great and enjoy your trip so much! Good job, and I really enjoy reading your updates, the one from July 11th really resonated with me...

Me too! It's been over 5 years since I have been. We are also going to Universal Studios so I can be at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter for my birthday!
  • thebobogrind
    thebobogrind Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    :) You are lucky! I'm 32 years old and wish I could go again, just like when I was 14 :smiley:
  • rainbowvenus
    Options
    Today has been an interesting day. I continue to troll the MyFitnessPal communities for support and inspiration. Tonight I had spaghetti with meatballs for dinner. The day to day has been uneventful the last few days, but I'm holding in there. Since I had to finish an exam for school, there was no workout for me today. I will probably still make time for yoga this evening. I took up my yoga practice that I had let go of back in 2012. I had made a New Year's resolution to do yoga, and I was getting pretty far with it. You know, I was advancing and getting more flexible Kama getting more ability to do different poses, but then I let it go. It's been very good for me to pick it back up. More updates tomorrow.
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Keep journaling. You are doing fantabulous.
  • rainbowvenus
    Options
    My entry from yesterday got eaten. Booger!

Today I weighed in at 201.2. My body is stabilizing. Even though the scale has gone up, my body looks slimmer. I had a "refeed" day yesterday, where you eat slightly more than you would on your normal OMAD (which is only done periodically). So I did have some food during the day, and I had 8 oz of soda at dinner. O: I know, bad! Today I am back on track with drinking water throughout the day.

My body went into shut down mode yesterday, but not from OMAD. The last two weeks I was working day shift, and two over night shifts during the week. I had college midterms for my accounting class and I was staying at someone elses house to dog sit their furry babies. The change in schedule didn't affect me too much until yesterday. Yesterday, I had the zombie effect. I felt tired through out work yesterday. I was feeling very hungry throughout the day so I had dinner earlier than usual (4pm instead of 6 pm). After dinner I sat on the couch to relax on one of my rare off nights (no church, no classwork, no workouts, no obligitory dinners with family), and I started dozing off around 5. At 730 I peeled myself off the couch, still feeling very groggy, and climbed into bed. Aside from the 1am - 2am wake up session, I slept until 5:30 this morning. I woke up feeling normal, not tired, the sugar cravings that were plaguing me yesterday have subsided. The only downside is feeling dehydrated. On the one hand I'm sad I missed my one day off, but on the other I can tell my body needed the rest and I'm grateful I was able to claim it.

2.2 lbs to hit my first goal of 199! Still 7 days out from my vacation, which if things go on course I will still be under 200 by then. Even if I don't reach that goal by vacation, I am planning my trip with care so I don't over do it while I'm not at home and out of my routine.
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    You are right there, girl! So good to hear!
  • vrojapu
    Options
    Great going, rainbowvenus! The planning ahead mode is awesome.