The Last 10: Action Plan (no complaints!)

Options

Replies

• ivylyon
    ivylyon Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm down to my last 8lbs (3-4kg)
    I dread hitting a plateau, so I'm keeping my exercise levels up and my calories in check. It's hard but it seems to be working so far. I'm on 5000 kj (1200 calories) it's a decent amount if I'm careful with portions.
  • ivylyon
    ivylyon Posts: 172 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

I've been looking into intermittent fasting. I don't like breakfast and I tend to lean towards bigger meals.

Anyone else doing this?

I do a kind of fasting (a bit like the 5:2 diet) where I have a fast day, (500-600 calories) once or twice a week. I find it helps to 'reset' my appetite, so when I go back to 1200 calories I feel like it's a lot of food, and I don't feel deprived.

Skipping breakfast was always a big diet no-no, but people now are doing it as part of IF 16:8 where you fast for 16 hours (overnight and skip breakfast) and eat over 8 hours.

Experiment and see what works for you.

• bananabeannn
    bananabeannn Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Checking in! For some reason I don't get a notification when somebody posts in here.

So my progress food-wise has been alright. I realized that I have a lot of bad food habits that need to go. So I have been focusing on making healthier choices more consciously. I'm averaging at probably 1650 calories a day and I'm not really sure if I'm losing. The trend is downward, but very slow.

I will continue tracking and watching the trend. I'm down to 129, was 128.2 the other day. I think at this point that 0.5lb a week is probably where I'm at. More than that and it starts to feel like a crash diet.

I want to get up the energy to exercise more...I am just having trouble finding something I enjoy and can do consistently. I know I like the classes at the gym, but honestly I think it's more about community and seeing the same people/instructors time and again. There's definitely some comfort in that.

That's it that's all. Let me know how things are going with y'all.
    BB
  • bananabeannn
    Options
    ivylyon wrote: »

I've been looking into intermittent fasting. I don't like breakfast and I tend to lean towards bigger meals.

Anyone else doing this?

I do a kind of fasting (a bit like the 5:2 diet) where I have a fast day, (500-600 calories) once or twice a week. I find it helps to 'reset' my appetite, so when I go back to 1200 calories I feel like it's a lot of food, and I don't feel deprived.

Skipping breakfast was always a big diet no-no, but people now are doing it as part of IF 16:8 where you fast for 16 hours (overnight and skip breakfast) and eat over 8 hours.

Experiment and see what works for you.

I also skip breakfast kind of a lot. I don't really believe that it revs your metabolism. And it makes me more hungry pretty much right away.

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm still hanging in here and started keto this past Monday. But I'm not transitioning easily. I think it may take a bit more researching. Also I'm trying the 16/8 intermittent fasting and am eating two meals within an 8 hour span.
  • snehad123
    snehad123 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi peeps! I am 5'8", 160 lbs, have to lose 20 lbs in like 2-3 months! After studying how my body responds to different food types I have gone low carb (40 g), 1100-1200 calories, doing BBG which includes strength training, HIIT and cardio.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too! I'm 5'4", currently 121 but want to get back down to 115 so the clothes I bought last year fit me! I gained almost 10 pounds the last few months because I started taking an SSRI. This means my metabolism has slowed to a crawl and I can no longer eat what ever I want and not gain an pound. (longing sigh!) I'm recommitted to combating this weight creep. I either ride my bike or play tennis for vigorous exercise. I'd love friends on this journey!
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    snehad123 wrote: »
    Hi peeps! I am 5'8", 160 lbs, have to lose 20 lbs in like 2-3 months! After studying how my body responds to different food types I have gone low carb (40 g), 1100-1200 calories, doing BBG which includes strength training, HIIT and cardio.

1100 calories? That is below even the lowest healthy level for women. You don't HAVE to lose 20 lbs in 2 months. Try making your goal a little more realistic and lose at a slower pace but in a more sustainable way. If you put your calories too low when you don't have a lot to lose, you end up losing a lot of muscle weight too.
  • snehad123
    Options
    dmt4641 wrote: »
    snehad123 wrote: »

1100 calories? That is below even the lowest healthy level for women. You don't HAVE to lose 20 lbs in 2 months. Try making your goal a little more realistic and lose at a slower pace but in a more sustainable way. If you put your calories too low when you don't have a lot to lose, you end up losing a lot of muscle weight too.

hmm... you make a good point. I will try to increase my intake to 1400-1500 calories. Thanks for the tip thgh :)
  • DebSozo
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm having troubles similar to some others where I have been "stuck" and plateaued for a long time. I was able to break my plateaus in the past but now I need to try some new tactics.
  • Silveya
    Silveya Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You can! Go for it! :)
  • Rebek_h
    Rebek_h Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    I'm having troubles similar to some others where I have been "stuck" and plateaued for a long time. I was able to break my plateaus in the past but now I need to try some new tactics.

Hiya!
    Have you tried adding a re-feed in once a week?
    Have you tried a week at maintenance?
    I find both of these are great tools to break the plateau. Your body can get too used to the lower caloires, sometimes you just need to shake it up a bit and give your body a change.
    Your body doesn't like being I'm a calorie deficit so staying in one for too long will result in a plateau.
    Also are you taking measurements?
    X
  • Silveya
    Silveya Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My weekly check in. I'm happy to say I have lost most of my 4th of July splurge! Currently residing at 129.2. So 9.2 Lbs to go! Friend me if you want to watch the roller coaster that is my weight loss journey! *grins* I'm a little psyched up! Let's all round up those extra pounds and send them packing!! :)
  • snehad123
    Options
    Silveya wrote: »
    Hi everyone. My weekly check in. I'm happy to say I have lost most of my 4th of July splurge! Currently residing at 129.2. So 9.2 Lbs to go! Friend me if you want to watch the roller coaster that is my weight loss journey! *grins* I'm a little psyched up! Let's all round up those extra pounds and send them packing!! :)

Awesome! Adding you!
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Checking in! For some reason I don't get a notification when somebody posts in here.

So my progress food-wise has been alright. I realized that I have a lot of bad food habits that need to go. So I have been focusing on making healthier choices more consciously. I'm averaging at probably 1650 calories a day and I'm not really sure if I'm losing. The trend is downward, but very slow.

I will continue tracking and watching the trend. I'm down to 129, was 128.2 the other day. I think at this point that 0.5lb a week is probably where I'm at. More than that and it starts to feel like a crash diet.

I want to get up the energy to exercise more...I am just having trouble finding something I enjoy and can do consistently. I know I like the classes at the gym, but honestly I think it's more about community and seeing the same people/instructors time and again. There's definitely some comfort in that.

That's it that's all. Let me know how things are going with y'all.
    BB

yoga?
  • bananabeannn
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm loving all the posts in here this week. I personally am sticking at 129-130, and am dying to see the scale move. It's a slow process...but we have to trust it!

I just posted some insight on "the math" that helped me understand the plateau. Could be of interest to some of you ladies.

Do any of you ladies use a fitbit?

Have a great weekend!
  • TamaraMedina
    TamaraMedina Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I really want to lose the last 10 kilos too. At times I get discouraged when people like my mum say that it is too much for me but it really isn't. I'm the same height as you and currently weighing 75kg so 10 more would be 65kg. Right now I'm just focusing on hitting 5 kilos less which is a good start. :blush:
  • DebSozo
    edited July 2016
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »

Hiya!
    Have you tried adding a re-feed in once a week?
    Have you tried a week at maintenance?
    I find both of these are great tools to break the plateau. Your body can get too used to the lower caloires, sometimes you just need to shake it up a bit and give your body a change.
    Your body doesn't like being I'm a calorie deficit so staying in one for too long will result in a plateau.
    Also are you taking measurements?
    X

Thanks! I've upped my healthy dietary fat and lowered carbs this week with some success. The re-feed does help. I do think I was in too large of a calorie deficit for too long, so there was a problem there. I've done long periods of maintenance without a problem. I have trouble losing weight. I have taken measurements but not recently. I should check.
  • jjdig
    jjdig Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been working on that last 10 pounds for the last 10 years! Ok, well, maybe not but it FEELS like it! So, I have been reading about IF, and all the nontruths that I believed ("if you don't eat breakfast your metabolism slows") - and I've been skipping breakfast (but not coffee!!!) a bunch, and slowly it's coming off.
    I'm 5'6" 134ish, would love to see 125, which I've never maintained, ever - but I can dream, right? I started at 141, was at 140 forever - so I'm really stoked to have gotten that number to change. I started the Venus program with "bliss", that is a few supplements (I told you I was sick of being 140, didn't I? Like desperate sick of it!) and it helps somewhat with not getting into that totally bitchy mood from being hungry. I'm still trying to figure out how to eat the right amount and lose. And there's tricks to IF, right? So if you work out when you're fasted, you burn fat right away? But if you workout >1 hour, it's not good? There is a lot to learn!!!!