Steps not showing on mfp

Options

Replies

• Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Followed the steps again with no result.
    Is the setting in the image below how it should look?MyFitnessPal%20Step%20Issue_zpsi3bopsou.png
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    @dixie_amazon - So, if you click on the "Select" button next to Fitbit Tracker, it won't select? You have to have something selected, so you can't "unselect" Don't track steps without selecting something else.
  • Amazon_Who
    Options
    Fitbit is selected.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Fitbit is selected.

Not according to your screenshot. Fitbit still has the option to be selected, but looking at that screenshot it hasn't been selected yet.
  • Amazon_Who
    Options
    Darn, I annotated the wrong screen shot.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    It should look like this.

4j1ay588aski.png
  • pittmanclan545
    pittmanclan545 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've tried everything and mine does look like this above.. but nothing shows up on MFP..
    :( Steps are not showing.. neither are calories burned or even sleep! I have the fitbit connected but there isn't any syncing of information.

So here is my data from yesterday.. maybe you could analyze/explain for me so I can do it myself going forward:

MFP gave me a food goal of 1240. I consumed 778 calories. Yesterday was my day off from running so I only walked a little and manually input 158 calories from exercise. MFP said I had 620 calories remaining for the day.

Fitbit data from yesterday was 10,657 steps , 1790 total calories burned.

Now fitbit is showing the data from MFP so it showed that I had eaten 778 calories and still had 1012 calories left to consume.

Maybe I should just follow what fitbit shows since MFP won't show the data???

Lisa
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I've tried everything and mine does look like this above.. but nothing shows up on MFP..
    :( Steps are not showing.. neither are calories burned or even sleep! I have the fitbit connected but there isn't any syncing of information.

So here is my data from yesterday.. maybe you could analyze/explain for me so I can do it myself going forward:

MFP gave me a food goal of 1240. I consumed 778 calories. Yesterday was my day off from running so I only walked a little and manually input 158 calories from exercise. MFP said I had 620 calories remaining for the day.

Now fitbit is showing the data from MFP so it showed that I had eaten 778 calories and still had 1012 calories left to consume.

Lisa

You could do that. It's what I do when the MFP side isn't working.
  • tdenoo
    tdenoo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm having the same problem. My steps are not syncing to MFP. But if I go to the sit of MFP and press check in, there i can see that it is tracking my steps from fitbit. They are just not showing in the steps nor in the exercises.
    Hope they fix this soon!
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    tdenoo wrote: »
    Hello, I'm having the same problem. My steps are not syncing to MFP. But if I go to the sit of MFP and press check in, there i can see that it is tracking my steps from fitbit. They are just not showing in the steps nor in the exercises.
    Hope they fix this soon!

Mine is the same. On the MFP website, under the "Check in" screen, it's added Fitbit steps, Fitbit sleep minutes, and Fitbit BF%. But the adjustment is not showing on the food or exercise diary.
  • markwalker_
    markwalker_ Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Mine is the same. On the MFP website, under the "Check in" screen, it's added Fitbit steps, Fitbit sleep minutes, and Fitbit BF%. But the adjustment is not showing on the food or exercise diary.

I've got this exact same thing. Is it an app issue if they're showing on the website?
  • dk6boys
    dk6boys Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I tried disconnecting everything. Now when I try to reconnect I get an error message.
  • tdenoo
    tdenoo Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I've got this exact same thing. Is it an app issue if they're showing on the website?

I thought the same thing. I hope they read this, so they can fix it.
  • markwalker_
    Options
    tdenoo wrote: »

I thought the same thing. I hope they read this, so they can fix it.

They've told me the following on Twitter;
    MFP_Staff wrote:
    If you are using an iPhone it should be in the main Settings of the device, find the MFP app & click on Motion & Fitness
    MFP_Staff wrote:
    Do u have Garmin & Fitbit linked to MFP? We recommend having one or the other. You can link Garmin > Fitbit, then Fitbit > MFP

Trouble is my other half has it setup exactly the same as me with Garmin & Fitbit syncing to MFP and her steps work. Also, I don't know that you can link Garmin to Fitbit!?
  • markwalker_
    Options
    Just checked my diary, and after disconnecting Fitbit & connecting again last night, it's tracking my steps today.

Seems a very temperamental link/API if it randomly works after creating the link again.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I connected and reconnected last night, and still have nothing today. My steps and weight are showing in the check in, but there's nothing in my exercise diary. This is day 3.

I usually am an MFP/Fitbit sync apologist (it doesn't happen too often! usually it's fixed quickly!) but even I'm getting annoyed.
  • melissavandiver
    melissavandiver Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am also having this issue. I am brand new to both MFP and Fitbit. It seems to be an iOS issue (with me), because logging into the website you can see my steps and stuff under "reports." However, I am not showing a calorie adjustment in the app, and I don't even know where to look for it on the website. Even though it seems to be less accurate by many accounts, I may just give up on MFP and use Fitbit to track calories. I did all of the restarting and re-syncing and logging out and logging in and making sure to uncheck "do not track steps" to no avail.

My main problem, I think, is that I am open to the idea that maybe I haven't burned enough calories yet today to warrant and adjustment, but there is just no clarity or communication between the apps to tell me what is going on. Whose calorie count am I supposed to follow? Who is accounting for "sedentary" calories correctly? Seems like Fitbit probably is more accurate since MFP is only self-reported, but then I hear that Fitbit's food diary function is not super accurate.

I am tech savvy and I understand that things need to be restarted and re-synced sometimes but aside from that basic level maintenance, this should be WORKING.
  • melissavandiver
    melissavandiver Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ALSO it is very unhealthy to go too far below your target calories (and will thwart your weight loss in the long run), so not only am I concerned I might consume too many calories due to general inaccuracies, but if exercise/step-based calories aren't being added on, I could consume too few.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I am also having this issue. I am brand new to both MFP and Fitbit. It seems to be an iOS issue (with me), because logging into the website you can see my steps and stuff under "reports." However, I am not showing a calorie adjustment in the app, and I don't even know where to look for it on the website. Even though it seems to be less accurate by many accounts, I may just give up on MFP and use Fitbit to track calories. I did all of the restarting and re-syncing and logging out and logging in and making sure to uncheck "do not track steps" to no avail.

My main problem, I think, is that I am open to the idea that maybe I haven't burned enough calories yet today to warrant and adjustment, but there is just no clarity or communication between the apps to tell me what is going on. Whose calorie count am I supposed to follow? Who is accounting for "sedentary" calories correctly? Seems like Fitbit probably is more accurate since MFP is only self-reported, but then I hear that Fitbit's food diary function is not super accurate.

I am tech savvy and I understand that things need to be restarted and re-synced sometimes but aside from that basic level maintenance, this should be WORKING.

Adjustments are shown under Exercise in MFP web account. And app normally.

If you have on MFP Negative Calories enabled - there will always be an Adjustment under exercise - if syncing something from Fitbit over. Makes for quick check. Looking at stats also helps to see WHEN it last happened - which is important too.

End of the day both would match for calorie goal - if you have selected the same deficit goal.

It's during the day that matters - but usually after a little use you have a clue as to average calories burned and can get close with average meals - then end of day final smaller amounts aren't hard to hit with snacks.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

Lisa

You can indeed do that.

If you have 500 cal deficit, you can also do some simple math with device that actually shows you the calorie burn without needing to sync it to phone or computer.
    Look at calorie burn before dinner - subtract 500 for deficit, add about 80 per hr before midnight - eat that much.

You can get more exact on how much you burn per HR from last meal until midnight - just look at prior days.