Just the Basics: July: Week 2 (7/8-7/14)

Options
124»

Replies

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    7/1 weight: 177.2
    7/7 weight: 176.8 (-0.4 lb)
    7/14 weight: 177.6 (+0.8 since last week, +0.4 since the 1st)

Carbs under 40g:
    - 7/7: 11g carbs, 9 glasses of water
    - 7/8: 46g carbs, forgot to log my water
    - 7/9: Did not log anything (family reunion BBQ--I stayed away from bread/pasta/rice/potato/dessert foods but had two Jell-O shots and a sugar-free Pina Colada)
    - 7/10: 28g carbs, forgot to log water
    - 7/11: 41g carbs, 8 glasses of water
    - 7/12: 108 g carbs (it was my baby girl's birthday, and I was hungry and unprepared, so I ate the pizza... and the cake--NO MORE EXCUSES!!!), 11 glasses of water
    - 7/13: 54g carbs, forgot to log my water
    - 7/14: sitting at 20g right now; dinner is undecided, so we shall see; so far I've had 6 glasses of water, so I know I'll probably hit 10-12 glasses today

The takeaway: I'm a failure this week. :neutral: I only had 2 days where I KNOW I was under my 40g carb limit. That's awful. I need to pick up the pace again and do the rest of July right!
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    for 7/13

calories - under
    carbs - <20
    water - 122oz
    exercise - 35min
    logging - yes

Weight is still up but I feel really good. Not noticing a whole lot of loose clothing yet but I've still got a ways to go.
    Will be traveling for the next 10 days and doubt I'll be checking in but I'll make sure to log everyday.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Today has been a semi train wreck. I have been RAVENOUS all day. I've exhibited some restraint, but not as much as I would have liked.
    Currently chowing down on sugar-free Jell-O hoping my stomach will settle down and not keep demanding more calories. :tongue: I stopped logging mid-afternoon.

SW: 153.4
    CW: 135.2 (a new low since re-starting keto!)
    Goal range: 129-133
    Carbs: Over, I'm sure, though still under 100
    Cals: Probably around maintenance
    Water: Good
    Exercise: Lots of running around getting stuff done.
    Sleep: Stayed up til 2 a.m. finishing a book so I only got about 5 hrs of sleep. (that may have contributed to the hunger, hmm ...)
  • saltysailors
    saltysailors Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    This week:
    Carbs under 25-yes
    Calories under-yes...most days
    Exercise-doing a lot of work on the property, such as raking, shoveling, fence repairs, etc.
    Water-yes
    Sodium-still working on it, but added bouillon (which I know is not the best choice, but it'll have to do for now
    Sleep-yes
    Magnesium-taking it before bed....most nights
    I seriously doubt I will see much change this week.....my body is still healing
  • LCChris2016
    LCChris2016 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Happy Friday! Finished 3 days of Fat Fast. Probably won't ever do it again. Didn't really notice any changes except I was hungry and felt like the Keto flu came back. Got back to walking which felt great, now to keep walking. I haven't had much energy for a couple of months, it seems like. Maybe moving and the stress just got to me. If I don't check back in then Happy weekend all! :)
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    For 7/14
    Vitamins - yes
    Increased water - yes
    Carbs<80 - Nope 89
    Cal<1500 - yes
    Activity - none

Feb SW - 201
    July SW - 189
    CW - 186.5
    July GW - 185

Can't tell you all how much this is helping me stay on track and making feel I can meet my goals.
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Welcome, @Bubbas_girl! A scale isn't required, if you are just wanting to change your way of eating...when I did this 10 years ago, I'd just use the scale in the depot building downtown, or at the doctor's clinic. I have one at home now, but if I weigh myself more than once a week, I risk the chance of getting results I don't want to see, and that is my biggest de-motivator. Getting on a scale to gauge your starting weight is a good idea, though. Just don't feel pressured to weigh in too often, unless numbers aren't a bad trigger for you.
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Day 15

Carbs o:)
    Cals o:)
    Water o:)
    Exercise :D
    Logging o:)

• Bubbas_girl
    Bubbas_girl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    bjwoodzy wrote: »
    Welcome, @Bubbas_girl! A scale isn't required, if you are just wanting to change your way of eating...when I did this 10 years ago, I'd just use the scale in the depot building downtown, or at the doctor's clinic. I have one at home now, but if I weigh myself more than once a week, I risk the chance of getting results I don't want to see, and that is my biggest de-motivator. Getting on a scale to gauge your starting weight is a good idea, though. Just don't feel pressured to weigh in too often, unless numbers aren't a bad trigger for you.

Thx @bjwoodzy ! Iam looking to make this a lifestyle and not just a diet. It has to be doable for the long-haul, so I need to be realistic about my goals, influences like my family's food preferences, my own love for certain foods, and the costs in time, money, etc.

I actually just bought a scale today...plan on weighing 1x/wk. Of course, I had to pull it out right away and see where I am. ;) 159! That's 13 lbs since April, and I haven't really been doing much more exercising than my daily chores and stuff (I do what I can, when I can).

I really don't get riled one way or the other over the numbers, but I have to say I am happy with progress so far. The 172# in April concerned me a bit (it was the most I've ever weighed, pregnancies & all). But I didn't get upset. I just got down to business.

Another motivator for me was that my f-i-l was just diagnosed with T2D, so I'm trying to be supportive of my m-i-l and help her with changing their diet (research, recipes, ideas, etc). F-I-L is down 6# I believe in about 3 weeks, and seems to have brought his daily sugar #s down.

I'm also happy to report that the Hub has been eating right along with me this last week while the kids have been away @ gr.parent's house. It took him a little while to get on board with me, but he has slowly climbed up and is loving the new recipes I've tried out on him! ;)

I have a lot still to learn, missed a few goals along the way, take lots of stuff with grains of salt (sooo much info and so many contradictions), and still have a good ways to go to make this a permanent change that my family can live with, but I feel like I'm on the right track, and that feels pretty good!

All in all, it's been a good week! :)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    Week 3 thread is up. Having an ungood day, y'all. Sorry for the delay.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10427309/just-the-basics-july-week-3-7-15-7-21/p1?new=1
  • LCChris2016
    LCChris2016 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @baconslave No ungood days allowed! Smile :)
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thx @bjwoodzy ! Iam looking to make this a lifestyle and not just a diet. It has to be doable for the long-haul, so I need to be realistic about my goals, influences like my family's food preferences, my own love for certain foods, and the costs in time, money, etc.

I actually just bought a scale today...plan on weighing 1x/wk. Of course, I had to pull it out right away and see where I am. ;) 159! That's 13 lbs since April, and I haven't really been doing much more exercising than my daily chores and stuff (I do what I can, when I can).

I really don't get riled one way or the other over the numbers, but I have to say I am happy with progress so far. The 172# in April concerned me a bit (it was the most I've ever weighed, pregnancies & all). But I didn't get upset. I just got down to business.

Another motivator for me was that my f-i-l was just diagnosed with T2D, so I'm trying to be supportive of my m-i-l and help her with changing their diet (research, recipes, ideas, etc). F-I-L is down 6# I believe in about 3 weeks, and seems to have brought his daily sugar #s down.

I'm also happy to report that the Hub has been eating right along with me this last week while the kids have been away @ gr.parent's house. It took him a little while to get on board with me, but he has slowly climbed up and is loving the new recipes I've tried out on him! ;)

I have a lot still to learn, missed a few goals along the way, take lots of stuff with grains of salt (sooo much info and so many contradictions), and still have a good ways to go to make this a permanent change that my family can live with, but I feel like I'm on the right track, and that feels pretty good!

All in all, it's been a good week! :)

Sounds like you're doing awesome! And kudos for getting the rest of the fam involved :)

I totally agree w/you on the info overload, it's easy to get overwhelmed and struggle with it all.