• nogivingupnow
    nogivingupnow Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    35. :(
  • LilSoyMilk
    LilSoyMilk Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Your score was 31 out of a possible 46.
    Scores in the 27 - 46 range indicate severe Binge eating behavior.

• hrod215
    hrod215 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Scored a 26... Not really surprised, just a little doubtful. Some of the questions had a tiny bit of yes/no to them. If I could add two of the answers together for some then I think it would be a bit more accurate. Anyway: moderate BED.

I guess some days I could be in the severe range. It's been some time (though not long enough in my book) since I stood in front of the fridge hiding behind the doors while shoveling cake, chocolate, etc down my throat all the while keeping an eye out for my husband. He doesn't know I am suffering through this. No one actually knows, just you all in this lovely group. I've always known my relationship with food was just wrong. From very little when I would sneak into the kitchen to 'steal' snacks to now as a grown up eating my kids leftovers even though I'd just had an entire meal. Everyday is a struggle. I see food and all the while I'm pep talking myself, saying hey, don't pick at it it's not worth it you are doing so well. And of course there is always the debate: just one bite! I've been good all day! It won't hurt. And that's when the walls come crumbling down.

The day that I at least tell my husband (which is going to be very hard since he doesn't believe in any type of psychological disorders being real. The man says that ADHD is just a ploy to force people to buy meds) I know my struggle will be just a little easier. He will know that when I put my sneakers on and just walk out of the house it will be just because I need to escape the chains that bind me to my food obsessions, just for a little while. *sigh* sorry for the long rant. :neutral:
  • hrod215
    hrod215 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    No surprise on my score of 28. I despise cognitive behavioral therapy, but it looks like where I am headed.

Please tell me more about this cognitive behavioral therapy @SuzieBWorkin.
  • therealmego
    therealmego Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I scored a 31. This doesn't surprise me in the least. My life has been marred by my picky eating habits which have allowed me to hide my binge/starve pattern for many years and lead to my enormous weight gain.

I've been working hard over the past couple of months to concentrate on eating actual meals and being conscious of how much I am eating by tracking it honestly.
  • Brighid2019
    Brighid2019 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I got a 35....wasn't surprised :s
  • kellyannvarney1
    kellyannvarney1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    just did it........38........not sure what else to say really.
  • kelseyllhunt
    kelseyllhunt Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just did the test and scored a 26. Not incredibly surprised though. I can handle my impulses during the day (while I am too busy with other things), its boredom at night that really gets me!
  • suzmosb
    suzmosb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just got a 26 (moderate)- sounds about right.

I'm usually good but there are certain foods and situations that will cause me to lose all direction. I've been really bad the last few weeks and slipped back into my "you're home from work, eat until the boyfriend gets home!" habits.
    And then I eat a normal dinner.
    And I've been skipping my workouts...

I need to be more mindful! (Or at least eat ONE 100 calorie pack and not SIX spoons of peanut butter lol)
  • TishaGettinFit
    TishaGettinFit Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I just scored a 23 moderate binge eating behaviour. I'm not really surprised. Though as someone who has since childhood binged everytime things around me get tough, I've come come a long way. Still lots of room for improvement. One day at a time ( and some days I swear it's one hour at a time).
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    38 but I do sometimes have a couple of weeks here and there when the craving stops, normally during bipolar hypomanic phases.
  • felinasbeads
    felinasbeads Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    30 today. But not every day is the same.
  • Kristykris31
    Kristykris31 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I see this is a really old thread... but I just joined this group. My score was 32. I answered it based on my bad days/overall thoughts, so I am hoping I can have longer streaks where it's under control!
  • mysavior1998
    mysavior1998 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yikes. 28. :anguished:
  • BossLady_1
    BossLady_1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I scored a 39. I know I have a problem. In the last few years I've been in and out of the OA program. I can never really finish the steps. I know that this binge eating problem is a disease. A disease that is manipulative and cunning. :'(
  • missionYCO
    missionYCO Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I scored 26 (high moderate). Looking at the questions, just a few months ago I would have scored much higher. Still, I'd rather it be much lower.
  • haniani
    haniani Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've just joined this group. I just scored a 30... severe BED :(
    I'm really struggling at the moment, thanks I think to a change in my antidepressants (necessary as the previous ones were doing the opposite of what they should have been!)
    I'm being good about not buying stuff...but there's plenty in the house...
  • LemonadeCandy_
    LemonadeCandy_ Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    37- severe binge eating. Unsurprising- I've gained over 20lbs in 6 months and binge at least once a day, if not multiple times a day. I don't really know what to do about it at this point.