Questions, Struggles, Progress

Replies

• Brittles927
    Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
    Thanks!! I'm pretty happy about it :)

That's awesome, I also find it nice when people comment on my weight loss, I don't really talk about my weight loss with anyone (in person) or bring up how much I've lost - I'm one of those people that would rather "Work hard in silence, and let my success make the noise"

Definitely a gratifying feeling that people notice how hard you're working!!
    Also congrats on the C25K app! It's a hard program and I got up to week 4 day 3 when I kind of fell behind, I found week 4 the hardest! I'm doing a 5K on Sunday actually, haven't trained for it at all this month but I'll be doing a mix of running/walking and I'll just be happy to complete it :)
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    edited July 2016
    britnaii22 wrote: »
    Thanks!! I'm pretty happy about it :)

That's awesome, I also find it nice when people comment on my weight loss, I don't really talk about my weight loss with anyone (in person) or bring up how much I've lost - I'm one of those people that would rather "Work hard in silence, and let my success make the noise"

Definitely a gratifying feeling that people notice how hard you're working!!
    Also congrats on the C25K app! It's a hard program and I got up to week 4 day 3 when I kind of fell behind, I found week 4 the hardest! I'm doing a 5K on Sunday actually, haven't trained for it at all this month but I'll be doing a mix of running/walking and I'll just be happy to complete it :)

I'm similar - I never brought it up until people mentioned it to me. Definately makes it feel better when people comment, cuz you know it is genuine.
    Good luck on the 5k! I'm thinking about trying to run one in September, there is one shortly after I finish the program...assuming I finish it. :)
  • Brittles927
    Exactly! Thanks, I'm really looking forward to it, the adrenaline from being in a crowd with the same goal is incredible. Regardless of if you finish the program or not you should definitely do it for the experience, it's really awesome! I'm sure by then you will either be running the whole thing or at least most of it! :)
  • rickc74
    Yeah, I think doing a 5k would be awesome. Last night went great, it was a 3 minute run, a 5 minute run, then another 3 and another 5, all broken up by some walking in between. More running time than I've ever done for sure...and it was no problem. I could have gone further/longer on all of the runs. I'm getting my breathing figured out better, which is key. I used to feel like I couldn't run all that far cuz I'd be tired out. Now I feel like it isn't all that tiring - it's definately getting easier :)
  • Brittles927
    That's awesome, I've always had a hard time with endurance lol but that's great that means next week shouldn't be too hard for you either! :)
  • rickc74
    Here's hoping. Week 5 has a 20 minute run. I'm terrified of it, and I can't wait to do it, all at the same time :)
  • Brittles927
    You can do it! :)
  • rickc74
    Yeah I can. And I will :)
  • rickc74
    Week 4 of C25K complete...it really wasn't that bad :)
  • Brittles927
    Woohoo nice job!!
  • rickc74
    Thanks! Week 5 starts tonite. Three 5 minute runs. Should be no problem
  • Brittles927
    I have stayed off the scale since last friday... nervous for my results tomorrow!
    I've been thinking... after this challenge I would like to throw my scale out.. not literally, or meaning I'm giving up, but being so "numbers-focused" takes away from my overall reason I'm doing this.. to be healthy.. to be strong. I'm thinking I'd do a 30 day trial.. where I continue eating the same as I do now, and add in a strict exercise routine, 20 mins a day 7 days a week. Anyone have thoughts or experience with this?

How are you all doing this week?
  • rickc74
    I think that is smart. At the end of the day, like you said, it is about being healthy and eating well, not necessarily hitting a certain number on the scale. If we do the right things consistently, we'll get to the number we want to be at. Sometimes, when just chasing a number, people starve themselves, which doesn't really help things at all.

I'm doing good this week. Sticking to the plan, and focusing more on hitting micronutrient goals. It has me feeling better, and, based on comments I'm getting, looking better as well :)
  • rickc74
    Just finished week 5 day 3 of C25K. This was the twenty minute run. I had my doubts, as the longest run I had done previously was 8 minutes. It went fine, though. The running part is actually easy. The only tricks are getting your breathing right, and your frame of mind. Once I believed I could do it, I knew I would do it, if that makes sense :)
  • Brittles927
    That's great, I'm super impressed with your success in the C25K app that's awesome!!
  • rickc74
    That's great, I'm super impressed with your success in the C25K app that's awesome!!

Thanks! The program works really well. So far, at least...
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    I have stayed off the scale since last friday... nervous for my results tomorrow!
    I've been thinking... after this challenge I would like to throw my scale out.. not literally, or meaning I'm giving up, but being so "numbers-focused" takes away from my overall reason I'm doing this.. to be healthy.. to be strong. I'm thinking I'd do a 30 day trial.. where I continue eating the same as I do now, and add in a strict exercise routine, 20 mins a day 7 days a week. Anyone have thoughts or experience with this?

I did the Whole 30 program in March. You must stay off the scale for 30 days. It was hard to do but I did it! I was able to follow the plan (first time for me). I lost 10 lbs. I felt so good during this month.
  • rickc74
    Eava57 wrote: »

I did the Whole 30 program in March. You must stay off the scale for 30 days. It was hard to do but I did it! I was able to follow the plan (first time for me). I lost 10 lbs. I felt so good during this month.

That's awesome, good stuff :)
  • Brittles927
    @Eava57 that's amazing! I would be over the moon if I lost 10lbs in one month! I'm going to look into the Whole 30 program and see if that's something I could do :)
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    It was the first time I could stick to a program. I felt great and lost sugar cravings in three days! I am trying to adjust my eating plan I love wine too much! Lol There are online sites. Believe me, if I could do it anyone can!