One Week Leap of Faith

Options
PamamaJane
PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
I've been sloughing off too much lately and getting down on myself way too much. And while I love the month long challenges like the Back to Basic ones, I'm finding I don't have the oomph to stick with them for a month. Hence, I'm starting today to do just one week -- seven little days -- of commitment to total focus.

Today is day #1 and it will be the most difficult. I will tell Jim this is what I want to do and he'll help me through today. Then he's headed out of town so I won't be tempted by the social life for the rest of this week long period.

If anyone else needs a short-term focus week for what ever change you want for yourself, join in and let's do this. Get ready, get set, GO!

(I'm starting by giving up my second cup of coffee with HWC. Then no more carbs at all, today.)

Replies

• KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    You'll succeed! Stay strong! One week from today you'll have reached your goal!

::flowerforyou::
  • jenfitz
    jenfitz Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm with you- for me it is day by day... We can do it!
  • Sk8Kate
    Sk8Kate Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Good idea!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this! Have an awesome low carb week! :smile:
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    jenfitz wrote: »
    I'm with you- for me it is day by day... We can do it!

Yes for me too! its day by day :) Glad to report i win most days :)
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Excellent to start a one week focus group - I'm in and my goal is to drop one pound by next Wednesday. Thanks for getting us going @PamamaJane
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    You've all got this!!
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Good job friend! You got this!
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    fantastic - well done to you - you can definitely do this. Will be following your progress
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I like it. I'm currently in a month long challenge, and I found myself losing focus in week 2. Spent week 3 making up for week 2. Now I've got one more week to make some progress for July. I'm in.
  • PamamaJane
    Options
    BABetter1 wrote: »
    I like it. I'm currently in a month long challenge, and I found myself losing focus in week 2. Spent week 3 making up for week 2. Now I've got one more week to make some progress for July. I'm in.

This is day two of the week and I'm sure I can carry through. But, like you, I lose focus when facing a whole month. When it's a month, my silly brain tells me there are still another two weeks to go and that is time enough to make up for any screw ups mid way through the month. When it's only a week I don't dare blow a day or two; every day counts!

Thanks to each and every one of you for your encouragement. I wouldn't be able to keep this up without you.

• treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. Goal to be down a pound next Thursday
    Yesterday was rest day so swimming or if darn heat wave breaks walking everyday till then.

You've got this panama mane
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    woo hoo managed to get back on track today - going for the full week with you - going to push for losing all the weight I have put on this week by next Friday (tomorrow morning is weigh day)
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Me too back on track today.....great idea Panamanians!
  • PamamaJane
    Options

Oh! I finally get it! You're reading my screen name as Panama Jane. Panama (as in the little country with the big canal.) Actually, it is Pa (as in the abbreviation for Pennsylvania) followed by mama (as in what a baby calls its mother) and then Jane (as in Jane Doe) simply because Pamama was already taken by someone else and I needed something to make it different. My given name is Adell and my business name was Gerri, neither of which has any relationship to Jane.

Not to worry, it doesn't offend me or anything and others have also typed Panama and it never occurred to me it was anything but a typo. Now that you've written Panamanians I finally get it about the little country with the big canal. How silly of me not to have made the connection before. Senior brain failure on my part. LoL

Good to have you back on track! I'm very glad the weekly focus seems to be working well for a few of us. For me this week is 2 down and only 5 to go. Eminently doable.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    PamamaJane wrote: »

Oh! I finally get it! You're reading my screen name as Panama Jane. Panama (as in the little country with the big canal.) Actually, it is Pa (as in the abbreviation for Pennsylvania) followed by mama (as in what a baby calls its mother) and then Jane (as in Jane Doe) simply because Pamama was already taken by someone else and I needed something to make it different. My given name is Adell and my business name was Gerri, neither of which has any relationship to Jane.

Not to worry, it doesn't offend me or anything and others have also typed Panama and it never occurred to me it was anything but a typo. Now that you've written Panamanians I finally get it about the little country with the big canal. How silly of me not to have made the connection before. Senior brain failure on my part. LoL

Good to have you back on track! I'm very glad the weekly focus seems to be working well for a few of us. For me this week is 2 down and only 5 to go. Eminently doable.

I just realized that I was doing the exact same thing. I blame the hat. ;)
  • froyseef
    froyseef Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • PamamaJane
    Options
    I just realized that I was doing the exact same thing. I blame the hat. ;)

Now that made me laugh out loud.

Just checking in to report another pound left my hefty frame yesterday. One more and I'll be headed into previously unseen numbers on the scale. It's fantastic that I'm losing closer to the rate I was when I first started LCHF. I'm having BPC for the first time this morning in stead of my typical coffee w/ HWC. BPC has a few more calories but if it means I can skip having breakfast food I'll be ahead. It is pretty darned delicious now that I know to whip it and not just melt the fats into the hot coffee. Live and learn.