Everything we love to eat is a scam

Options
2»

Replies

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Costco has the best coconut oil I have ever found!

Regarding Costco EV olive oil -
    Stephen Phonney sent a sample of Costco EVOO to a lab, and it came back as pure olive oil.

IMHO it's a great deal - inexpensive and extremely flavorful!

• bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    30% of the food grown is never eaten, I'm pretty sure the US grows enough food for the whole country at portions that are healthy and not oversized. If it were organic there would probably still be enough.
    news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/10/141013-food-waste-national-security-environment-science-ngfood/

Q: What is a great example of the awful irony of excess food waste in our "land of plenty"?

A: "Food deserts." Heartbreaking, honestly.

• KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Shark Tank "new products" program had a guy who wanted to start "Olive oil bars" around the US after tasting Italian REAL oils... It sounded "too affected- yuppie" until I read this article!

One positive is dark glass bottles, and to test purity see below .

And COSTCO DID come out on top in the article below...good news for saving $$.

http://dontwastethecrumbs.com/2013/04/how-pure-is-your-olive-oil-a-two-step-test/
    Two Step Olive Oil Purity Test

Pour 2-4 tbsp of olive oil into a clean glass jar. Seal the jar.
    Put the jar in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
    If the oil solidifies, it’s monounsaturated and is olive oil.
    If the oil remains a liquid, it is polyunsaturated and is NOT olive oil.
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    @bjwoodzy - that makes me so sad!!! Trust me, we're not to be copied for being capitalists who put money/profits before everything else. *sigh*

Ironically, other countries aren't copying the U.S., our multi-conglomerates and giant food corps are literally force-feeding these countries our high carb and sugar-filled glop! Nestle and Coca-Cola, to name a couple. Found the documentary about global obesity!

Also, here is the food waste film I saw after my earlier comments on this post
    http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi3522082329/