Options

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    This is what mine is doing:
    fr1tt8w5jr3w.jpg

For me it definitely looks like an issue on MFP's side. The steps are showing under the " Progress " section of the app and the " Check In " section of MFP. I'm just not getting an adjustment or steps to show on the app homepage. It's been off and on like this for weeks now for me.
  • bruinsgirl3319
    bruinsgirl3319 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is what mine is doing:
    fr1tt8w5jr3w.jpg

For me it definitely looks like an issue on MFP's side. The steps are showing under the " Progress " section of the app and the " Check In " section of MFP. I'm just not getting an adjustment or steps to show on the app homepage. It's been off and on like this for weeks now for me.

Even under "Check In" my updated steps aren't showing up
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Mine wasn't working most of the day. I disconnected the apps for a couple of hours this afternoon but still didn't get any adjustment after I reconnected. Just now, though, I remember that I should check that "Fitbit Tracker" was my step source after I'd reconnected and, sure enough, "Don't track steps" was selected. Fixed that and now I'm getting a Fitbit Adjustment.
  • Adylia16
    Adylia16 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Mine has been working consistently for a couple of weeks but today... NOTHING. I have taken 24,000 steps total today but MFP still says 0. Done everything I could think of. I hope it is fixed soon.
  • ktothema
    ktothema Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have tried the mobile app trick where you switch off step counting log off, go back in, pick fitbit steps, log off and go back in. Still isnt working. 3 days now. very frustrating.
  • MrAstro
    MrAstro Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Not working here either. Hopefully they see this thread and take it seriously
  • pasudeep
    pasudeep Posts: 5 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Not working for me as well... here in India. As for others, my Food intake (input on MFP) is showing up on Fitbit, but the other way is all clammed up - none of the data from Fitbit is reflecting on MFP. Hoping it would get fixed soon!
  • pasudeep
    Options
    Btw, the time stamp on this blog is also broken. The time logged above shows 30 mins prior to my current time.
  • pasudeep
    Options
    Btw, the data has just started to flow for the first time since last 15 hours.. hopefully the issues are all resolved...
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yesterdays steps showed as synced early this morning. But today's stopped syncing at lunch time again! Ridiculous.
  • stetsonlikethehat
    stetsonlikethehat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mine worked on Saturday, and that was that.

Given that my FitBit synchs with its own web site, but not with MFP, my best guess is that someone updated the API for it at MFP and broke the connection. And until someone at MFP takes a look at the code and corrects it, nothing will be fed from FitBits to MFP.

This is really annoying. :(
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Mine basically stopped as of yesterday. Synced once, at midnight last night, but nothing all day or all day today.
    Just because it's a fitbit-to-MFP problem doesn't mean the problem is on the MFP end. Fitbit could have the data and not be sending it, or have changed the code on their end without telling their partners. That's happened more than once before. Fitbit wants you to use THEIR site not MFP's, so it's not as big a priority for them.
  • hikernut53
    hikernut53 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This is terribly frustrating! I have gotten so used to using these tools, that I'm kind of at a loss now. I hope it gets fixed ASAP!
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    kuroshii wrote: »
    Mine basically stopped as of yesterday. Synced once, at midnight last night, but nothing all day or all day today.
    Just because it's a fitbit-to-MFP problem doesn't mean the problem is on the MFP end. Fitbit could have the data and not be sending it, or have changed the code on their end without telling their partners. That's happened more than once before. Fitbit wants you to use THEIR site not MFP's, so it's not as big a priority for them.

I've been using Fitbit with MFP for almost 3 years. As I recall, every time there has been a problem like this, it has been on MFP's end, not Fitbit's. In this case, MFP is acknowledging the problem: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2512971-fitbit-sync-issues-7-25-16
  • stetsonlikethehat
    stetsonlikethehat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I received email from FitBit yesterday that basically acknowledged that it is on their end. I'm hoping it's resolved soon, as if my FitBit can't work with MFP, then I need to change something.
  • she_lived_wholly_forevermore
    Options
    Fitbit says there's an internal server issue and it's still not working so...they are probably working on an update to fix it. I hope.
  • scottlwl
    scottlwl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    No news on a fix yet then? Shame
  • dbadajos
    dbadajos Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same issue here: food intake being tracked and synced but MFP isn't tracking the steps. It's displays a 0. It has been like that all day. I had the same problem Sunday and left it alone out of frustration. Monday night, I tried all the disconnect and reconnect solutions and it worked for a couple hours later. I went to bed and woke up today to not only it not working but my steps being erased for Monday. I've now since then tried revoking access, disconnecting the app, clearing cache and data, and restarting the programs and nothing. I've tried doing it on my cell and laptop and MFP will still only sync food to Fitbit but will not track and deduct exercise from the steps on Fitbit.
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    It was doing that for me (looking like zero all day) both Sunday and yesterday, but seemed to fix itself mid-morning today. On another thread there's a post quoted from MFP folks asking to NOT do the disconnect/reconnect thing because that's actually *adding* to the problem as more requests for data-conversion get backed up.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I just got this issue today. Zero exercise calories for the whole day. I just got an update notification for Fitbit and assumed that would fix it but no luck.

My activity is fairly similar to yesterday, so I just ate around the same number of calories.