Options
    Stephanie...your name or preferred username
    180ish...your weight
    5'8"...your height
    Binge eating, depression...any past struggles you've faced or are facing
    140-155 lbs...your goal weight range
    6-10 pm...the time of your OMAD
    June 29...and your OMAD start date.

My usual weight range used to be 150-165 lbs, then 165-180, then I decided I would "fix" my weight once and for all. Over the past 4 years I've tried; listening to health and fitness podcasts, a personal trainer, Weight Watchers, and finally a medically supervised weight loss program. My weight spiralled up to 200 lbs while I was in the doctor supervised weight loss program. All I did was obsess about food and feel like a failure! I like to feel full when I eat, so breaking my food into 6 meals and snacks was torturous. I've tried eating 3 moderate meals, but it's hard to only eat 500-600 calories per meal consistently, so I only maintain my weight. I've made peace with being hungry sometimes if I get to eat to satisfaction once a day. Given all of this, I can see OMAD working as a long term weight management tool for me. If my weight goes below 130 lbs, I'll add a smaller second meal.
  • etherial1
    etherial1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone, I'm new and today is my first day on the OMAD program. I'm 5'6", 60 years old, very active, and weigh 177.5 lbs since my weigh-in last week. I started off doing Atkins '72 and tried staying in induction with a group of ladies on a low carb forum. I lost 24.7 lbs., but I stopped losing weight. I then switched to a ketogenic plan and combined that with IF 16:8. I was on it for 3 weeks ago, and noticed I wasn't hungry for dinner, but since my husband had meetings during the week, I would eat dinner with him. I love eating dinner with hubby, but I needed a better plan.

I wondered why I wasn't hungry from 1p.m to 7p.m, so I searched online and found several sites promoting one meal a day, but when I encountered OMAD on YouTube, he made more sense and listened and subscribed to his video library. I was impressed with his success and now am part of the OMAD Revolution.

Even though I weigh 177.5 lbs, I wear a size 8-10, depending on the designer. I'm excited to get rid of this excess weight because even though I wear a size 8, my clothes in my closet are size 6 and even some size 10's are smaller than a normal 10, and I want to wear my clothes!

My first weigh-in will be this-coming Saturday. I guess I need to start a journal over here, too! Good luck, everyone!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Hi, Steph...

Welcome!
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    etherial1 wrote: »
    Hi, everyone, I'm new and today is my first day on the OMAD program. I'm 5'6", 60 years old, very active, and weigh 177.5 lbs since my weigh-in last week. I started off doing Atkins '72 and tried staying in induction with a group of ladies on a low carb forum. I lost 24.7 lbs., but I stopped losing weight. I then switched to a ketogenic plan and combined that with IF 16:8. I was on it for 3 weeks ago, and noticed I wasn't hungry for dinner, but since my husband had meetings during the week, I would eat dinner with him. I love eating dinner with hubby, but I needed a better plan.

I wondered why I wasn't hungry from 1p.m to 7p.m, so I searched online and found several sites promoting one meal a day, but when I encountered OMAD on YouTube, he made more sense and listened and subscribed to his video library. I was impressed with his success and now am part of the OMAD Revolution.

Even though I weigh 177.5 lbs, I wear a size 8-10, depending on the designer. I'm excited to get rid of this excess weight because even though I wear a size 8, my clothes in my closet are size 6 and even some size 10's are smaller than a normal 10, and I want to wear my clothes!

My first weigh-in will be this-coming Saturday. I guess I need to start a journal over here, too! Good luck, everyone!

Hey there!

Yes, by all means, start a journal! It's a dang good idea!
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Lots of success already by a lot of people!
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Cara, I'm easing into OMAD at the moment, currently eating within a four hour window with only one proper meal and snacking on fruit and salad.

My SW was 239, currently at 229 after two and half weeks, this last week is when I've been doing IF with an increasingly smaller eating window and have lost the most weight.

I'm drawn to OMAD because I like fasting, and I have a history of binge and emotional eating. Plus it means allowing myself to eat the food I want as there's a limit to how much you can physically eat in one meal!

Oh yeah, I'm 5'4'' and aiming for around 120 but I'm also working on building muscle so I'm unlikely to hit that weight, I just want to be in a UK 8!
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Welcome, Cara!

Remember, destroy the binge/psychological eating and all else is easy!
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I had my first splurge day today and I have to say I didn't actually enjoy it! Also, I've noticed my sleep has gotten a lot better now I'm eating a big meal around 6, I'm falling asleep by 11 no problem, previously I'd be awake into the early hours. I'm assuming my body working on digesting all that food at once is just shutting me down!
  • blambo61
    Options
    I noticed I sleep well also after the big evening meal.
  • etherial1
    etherial1 Posts: 22 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    My 8-day OMAD experiment wrapped this past Monday. I resumed the 16:8 protocol. I didn't lose much because of my two 4 oz glasses of wine every night. I thought I could continue to drink because I wasn't consuming any calories during the day, I would make it up with the wine. Wrong! Alcohol hinders weight loss and I've since quit at least until I've come closer to my goal weight.

Since I stopped this Monday, I've lost 2 lbs. in two days. Now that says something, and is a good sign. If I follow my plan 100%, the scale has no choice, but TO drop.

As an incentive, I tried on a pair of jeans I bought several years ago and they felt and looked absolutely wonderful on me. They don't fit perfectly, but they still looked good! I am excited about what I can do now. I didn't just diet last week, I learned so much! I learned that even low carb isn't a one size fits all program. You have to find a formula that works especially for your body type. I found that when I made low carb breads, they stalled me and should be eaten at a later stage in my journey, but not now. I'm good without the bread and the wine.

They'll be there when my body is ready for them as a treat.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Good luck!
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Yep. Drinking any kind of sugar will take you out of fasting. Even juices have that affect.
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I've been fasting until 6pm for the last week and a half and I can definitely feel a difference. My mind is much clearer as I'm not focusing on food all day at work. I also feel much lighter and less sluggish! I need to work on what I'm eating though as I haven't been sticking to one plate every evening. I've been eating what I like. I also haven't been working out as on the occasional day I've felt a little light headed. I'm really hopeful that this way of eating will help me to finally reach that goal weight that I never get to! I drink water, lemon water and herbal teas all day. This way of eating has really shown me how much of my eating has been social over the years!
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Hi! Welcome, ChaleGirl.

Sounds like you are doing fine. You don't need to work out. Just live your life. You will continue to refine your approach as time goes on.
  • lyndadspurgeon
    lyndadspurgeon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well I have been eating once a day for about a week now. I am so excited to find a support group along with a lot of information on this way of living. I am 55 years old, and tired of being tired and overweight. I am currently at 133, and eould like to get to 105. I am only 4'11", so 133 is a lot for me. Looking forward to interacting with others on this new journey.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Howdy! You can do it!
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    Welcome, Lynda!
  • VeganAmandaJ
    VeganAmandaJ Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi, it's Amanda.

I haven't actually checked my weight for maybe a month.. I plan to check it tomorrow/later today; not looking forward to it because I know I've gained some.. Well, some more. I'm guessing it'll be around 270-280, really hoping its closer to 270.

I'm 5'7

I started this journey of getting fit and healthy 3 years ago and initially within the first 2 years I lost 50 lbs through lifting weights and cardio plus counting calories on here; counting macros/flexible eating. Since then I've gained and lost around 20+ lbs. I've struggled with overeating probably my entire life; I've been overweight/obese most of my life as well, since I was 5 maybe. I found IF a couple years back and liked it a lot and have been doing it off and on since. I believe I have IBS and part of why I don't IF regularly is because sometimes if u wait too long to eat, my stomach gets upset and then upon eating I immediately get a stomach ache and have to run to the bathroom. I think eating slower and chewing better along with taking supplements will help with that.
    Currently my main struggle is getting back into a routine of healthful eating and regular workouts after moving home to straighten out my finances. Still getting used to everything after almost 3 months and just can't seem to stick to anything nor get back in the gym/work out at all except maybe once a week. I just don't feel motivated but finding this group is encouraging and gives me some hope since I enjoy IF and feel I can do this and it'll help.
    I tend to be long winded, sorry it's so long.

Goal weight range is 185-200; most important thing is to be under 200 and I'll go from there.

My OMAD will be 4:30ish; assuming it's okay if it varies by a half hour or less? The goal will be 4:30 though.

I want to start now. I tried earlier today but ended up having a calorie filled drink two hours after my meal. I just want to read more and curious if it must be only one plate.. What if I have soup or like tonight I had Japanese with soup, salad, sushi, plus the dinner. I'll read more but hoping to try again tomorrow/today (it's after midnight here)

I like IF because I can avoid work food (like candy and other snacks) and also avoid late night snacking. OMAD would essentially be the same. I also naturally have done IF for years without knowing by skipping breakfast and just not feeling the need for breakfast (partially too lazy to make it stop for breakfast instead of sleeping in haha) once I started IF, I noticed many benefits: I felt leaner throughout the day so I felt I looked better and felt really light, I feel that I think better and have more energy, I think of food less and become less hungry as time passes, I also like large meals and find that I can still do that without overeating and feeling full without the guilt. It seems like I have the capacity to eat large amounts of food without feeling sick afterwards for the most part, perhaps due to years of overeating and maybe it's a mental thing as well, but in this way, with OMAD, I can eat a lot still and eat what I want without truly overeating. I do understand this isn't an excuse to eat 3 meals in one- thus the one plate rule, which I'm still figuring out how that works- and that it's also not an excuse to eat a bunch of junk or unhealthy foods but it's helpful since I do eat out a lot right now. I do want to get back to cooking and preparing my meals but right now I can find healthier options out along with getting a decent meal for the day.

Again, I will catch up on all the info and hoping I can be successful with this tomorrow but today I did an 18+ hrs fast and ate in a 4 hour window, so, if I can't do the OMAD successfully, at least I can do a 18:6 or 20:4.. Gonna play it by ear.

Thanks for setting this up, appreciate all the info and YouTube videos!
    This is a thread to let others know you are beginning again on OMAD. Get involved by posting...

...your name or preferred username
    ...your weight
    ...your height
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing
    ...your goal weight range
    ...the time of your OMAD
    ...and your OMAD start date.

You might elaborate on what brought you around to OMAD as opposed to other weight-loss methods. This thread lets others know they are not alone in the struggle.

• arguablysamson
    Options
    Welcome!