Like Minded Lushes - August 2016

Options
rjadams
rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
This is a No Judgment Zone. We support all. Zeros or no zeros. We all enjoy our beverages and do our best to control it's impact on our health and fitness goals.

WTF?! It is August already? I cannot believe it. The summer's lemonades have been oh so tasty and the ice cold brews. A couple of more months of those temptations and then into the Fall issues.

The weather has been awesome so BBQ = Wine=Iced drinks= no zeros. Have an awesome week.

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Last week's summary:

Lushy = Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
    All other days "good"

I was up till 2am with my neighbor Friday so hardly drank Saturday and went to bed before 10. Hung out with friends yesterday and drank a little too much but drank lots of water, had a snack, and went to bed early so feel fine today.

I bought 6 bottles of sparkling rose'. It's nice and dry and bubbly and they're trying to get rid of it so only $7! I need to hide it from myself.

We head to the mountains Thursday after work so we're going to attempt to dry out until then. I have almost gotten rid of the funk, so naturally now Eric has it.

Have a great week!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    August already :'(

Still being lushy!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    August! The summer is flying by! Not getting any zeros but actually hit my calorie marks a few times last week. Motivates me to do more! Have a great week lushes!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    What the heck? I can't believe it's August already. It kinda bums me out how fast summer is going by, but I'm also a little ready to get some routine back in our household! The son starts grad school later this month so that might bring more order to things :p
    My party was successful. My cousin and I went through 3 bottles of wine over several hours so I didn't feel too bad. But I was tired yesterday....got a 0 and sat on my *kitten* and ate leftovers.
    We're heading up to LA for a long weekend so I'd like to get in a good week of diet, exercise and maybe a few 0's.
  • Sarah_Cycles
    Sarah_Cycles Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Lushy Saturday and Sunday. Aiming for 0 's until Friday then a 4 day beach weekend with my sisters
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!!!!!!!
    Weekends aren't long enough!!! I did pretty good this weekend with food and booze.
    Friday-2 glasses of wine at dinner and 1 in the movie theater.
    Saturday-3 beers and 4 or 5 vodka/sprite. We were in bed early and I felt great yesterday.
    We walked to the aquarium (4.5 miles on way) and we DID NOT take a roadie :laugh:
    Had a snack and a cocktail before we went in, then 2 drinks at lunch, 4 margaritas and 2 glasses of wine at home. Seems like a lot and I am kind of sleepy today but don't feel terrible.
    Going for zeros Monday-Thursday!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    a bunch of rum drinks yesterday.............still feeling it today
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Did pretty well on Sunday - 1 Bacardi & Diet and 1 White Russian
    We had my sister-in-law over, she is in town from FL for the first time since my brother-in-law passed away in May. Emotional day, especially for my husband.
    Mon - 0!
    Shooting for zeros until Friday... :)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Monday - 0
    Eric's niece is in from Alaska and she is coming over tonight. My friend is coming over tomorrow to watch my kids while I got to a hearing. I'm going to try not to drink though and have 0's till Thursday like I planned.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Drank dinner again. 3 Firefly and lemonade
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I had wine but am moderating. Lost 4 of the 6 pounds I've gained. Going to work on the other 2 before taking off for a long weekend. So my mantra is moderation and staying active and eating well. Even while in LA this weekend.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Well done Sydney! It looks like you are into one of those positive spirals!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Seriously, you are a rock star Sydney!!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
  • rjadams
    Options
    Send some of that SoCal mojo up this way please.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0. We both REALLY wanted to go out to eat but we managed to stick to our guns!!
    Wednesday-0
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Wow Kate, you're on a roll!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Gary, I don't wanna be, but I need to be!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I broke down and activated one of those activity trackers. (It's a Garmin...similar to FitBit) I've had it forever but never used it...the husband loves his and has actually lost 10 pounds. Not because his eating or drinking is any different but when this stupid thing tells when you're being a lazy butt and have been sitting too long...it helps motivate you! I'm doing my usual workouts but also getting in a lot more general movement. Even if it's with a wine glass in hand :laugh:
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Look at you go Kate!! Nice! :)
    Mon - 0
    Tues - 0
    Wed - husband's family was over for dinner - 2 Bacardi & diets :(
    Thurs - going for a zero!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    BAM!

Mon - 0
    Tues - 0
    Wed - 0

I am proud of myself. We'll be traveling till about 10pm tonight, so better believe I'll be ready for a cocktail. Have a good weekend lushes!