Ripping off the bandaid

Options

Replies

• kmac1196
    kmac1196 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Oh and I will note that I went out to dinner last night and had a lot of popcorn at the movies (with butter, yes) and still no big jump. So I may have lost more who knows.
  • ambsnic17
    ambsnic17 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Every two weeks you drop at least a pound. That seems great! I would be ecstatic with that
  • kmac1196
    Options
    Well it's been 4 lbs since September so it's only .36 lbs a week LOL But again, I went out last night so could have been more. No stress here.
  • ambsnic17
    Options
    I don't know what I was looking at!!! Lol maybe I should have said its decreasing! This tdee thing drives me batty some days....like you said, onward we go!
  • jennytree
    jennytree Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Great update! Gives me a bit of hope that I'm on the right track too :)
  • justsayinisall
    justsayinisall Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm with Jennytree on this one; gives me hope too!
  • kmac1196
    Options
    So still here. Update 4isn't as neat as the last ones since holidays, I took a break from actually logging every little thing.

Weight was 196 yesterday. I was looking at last January and saw I was 176 so that's a little sad. I feel like I've gone backwards but....I am due for TOM next week so I won't let that feeling over come me.

I'm hitting 1740 as my daily calorie target and we'll see where that takes us.

Beginning 5/3/1 today ...1st cycle.

I'm back to weighing daily just for logging purposes....
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Glad to see your update. I seem to be "mastering" maintenance currently I have a 3 lb range I am just staying in, even when I up or lower calories. I even indulged in holiday treats, some brownies, brie, pate. Had one day of going over 1 lb and it came back down in two days of not eating any of those items. Since I started this year at 12 lbs less than last year and I feel so much better, eat so much more,etc. I am okay with that.

Here is wishing us both a very successful weight loss year while eating well.
  • kmac1196
    Options
    yes. My fluctuations are less but I'd like the scale to go down now. LOL
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    kmac1196 wrote: »
    Beginning 5/3/1 today ...1st cycle.

I'm back to weighing daily just for logging purposes....

Is this wendelers (spelling?)
  • kmac1196
    Options
    Yes it is!
  • kmac1196
    Options
    So, if you want to know where I've been....Here I am.

The weight was coming off slow. I panicked. Jumped around from low to med cals and workouts sporadic. Stress is at an all time high (my husband is due for surgery soon) and overall just tanked.

So, weight jumped up to 207 Which freaked be out because I was 178 last year. So dropped lower and got to 200. Now, of course, I can't eat that low 'cuz I will have no joy in life. LOL So, I remember ...I've been here before. Dopey. If I had continued doing what I was doing....since September, I'd be 10-14 lbs lighter than the 191 I was. Instead of heavier.

So, kids, don't do what I did. Stay the course. Have patience. So I'm back, anyway. I'll update
    weekly here. Just to keep me accountable.

The struggle is real.

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about it. When other stresses are going on, the desire to include eating in there and logging as an additional one just is difficult.

Various ways of dealing with it depending on what makes the meals fall apart in the first place.

Hope surgery is successful, and quick recovery as possible, and you get a breather it sounds like.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    kmac1196 wrote: »
    So, if you want to know where I've been....Here I am.

The weight was coming off slow. I panicked. Jumped around from low to med cals and workouts sporadic. Stress is at an all time high (my husband is due for surgery soon) and overall just tanked.

So, weight jumped up to 207 Which freaked be out because I was 178 last year. So dropped lower and got to 200. Now, of course, I can't eat that low 'cuz I will have no joy in life. LOL So, I remember ...I've been here before. Dopey. If I had continued doing what I was doing....since September, I'd be 10-14 lbs lighter than the 191 I was. Instead of heavier.

So, kids, don't do what I did. Stay the course. Have patience. So I'm back, anyway. I'll update
    weekly here. Just to keep me accountable.

The struggle is real.

I hear you on the stress factor. My husband has been in and out of ER/hospital these past few months. We also did a trip to Costa Rica, land of rice and beans with pizza and pasta on the side. I had started a cut around the same time you did and shifted back to maintenance and stopped caring about gains/losses. I added 7 lbs. which isn't surprising since I have lowered my activity level due to not being able to keep fitness appts. etc. But he is better now and I am arranging more sessions with my PT. My good news is I am still fitting in all the clothes from before that gain. But weight wise I feel like I have lost a year of progress, but I have learned a lot about my body, my relationship with food, my stress levels, and how to be healthier even if I don't fit perfectly into the insurance industry's chart. I know I am stronger and healthier than last year eating at 1200+50% exercise calories.

Wishing your husband the best of health results.

Keep posting, I had been watching for updates from you. I need to check in more often here too.
  • kmac1196
    Options
    Thank you both! Day 3 back on track and I feel good!
  • kmac1196
    Options
    I've not been a good, consistent girl. I am back, however and will be updating this thread as I log data. It was the most consistent I've been so I know that's where I need to be. Summer has been busy and hectic.
  • retirehappy
    Options
  • ambsnic17
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    @kmac1196 welcome back! Everything changes a bit i. The summer, that's for sure! We are waiting to hear mire from your updates!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • kmac1196
    Options
    Morning all! I'm reopening this thread to add more data to it. I reread all my old posts and replies and it's important data here. For me and others, really. I'll be adding new data here. I don't wear the body media armband currently but I do have my fit bit flex (which I manually add my lifting in) so I'll be adding that data.

Currently weighing in at 197 (yesterday morning). Size 14 Old navy jeans (Sadly my 10's do not fit).

Reset for a looooong time so I'm ready to cut.

Plan based on previous data is 2300 seems to be TDEE while cutting. So 15% from that is 1955. So that is my target cals. Protein @140 grams fat @ 70 and carbs the rest.

Will be reporting data here in the same fashion as before. I still weigh daily. And I will be accurately tracking. I'm going to practice consistency this time around.