Just a reminder: Don't get hung up on the scale!

Options
CeliaSea
CeliaSea Posts: 51 Member
Hi, friends.

I've been trying hard to "keep the faith" the last few weeks. I've been eating strictly Keto for a month now and haven't lost a full 10 pounds, yet. Several of you have mentioned not to rely on the scale so, this morning, I decided to measure myself again. Wow! FOUR full inches off my waist, 2.5 off my hips, and an inch off each thigh! (My calves, upper arms, and neck stayed about the same.)

Obviously, I'm THRILLED, but I'm posting this here as a reminder to others: If the scale is moving slowly (or not at all) it doesn't mean you're not benefitting from your low carb lifestyle. Keep chuggin' along and make sure you're measuring!

:):):)

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!

I tell others, all the time, to not allow the number on that liar of a scale to dictate food choices!

Congratulations on the weight loss you've seen so far too!!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I so wish I could be more like most of you. I really want that scale to move! Another goal to reach I guess....stop habit eating or caring about the scale.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I usually measure on Saturdays as soon as I get up...with vacations and such I have missed a few metrics days.
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I do weigh once a week just because. I don't really expect a loss but if it comes, hooray for me! I mainly just go by how my clothes are fitting. Jeans are fitting better and less muffin top so my waist is starting to show after being hidden for the past 4-5 years.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning. If I were prone to scale flux worries, I'd have lost my *kitten* this past week. Just since I started lifting again constantly, I'm up from 150.2 at the start a little over a week ago (while sedentary) to 156.1 as of this morning.
  • Majcolorado
    Majcolorado Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm getting an updated DEXA next Monday. Performance up all the way around, but the scale isn't moving in any appreciable way. I hate the way it makes me guess.
  • missesquirejd
    missesquirejd Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I really needed this today. I'm in the middle of some PMS water retention, and the scale has been creeping up and down and back up again. I've been pretty good so far about not letting it bother me, but I have my moments.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options