How do you reward yourself?

Options

Replies

• Billyin4c
    Billyin4c Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love to cook. So, I usually get a new low carb/keto cookbook! I just bought one that only has fat bomb recipes. It's awesome
  • Aquawave
    Aquawave Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I will reward myself by buying new clothes next year.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I don't really formally reward myself. I impulse buy clothes every now and then. I get iced coffees almost daily....

Spa treatments are like a nightmare to me. I hate being touched by strangers so I don't want manis, pedis, massages, etc. I do manage to get my eyebrows done and my hair cut and highlighted.
  • MaryDeLoria
    MaryDeLoria Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I reward myself with fun experiences: symphony tickets, travel, day trips to wherever, shopping at yarn or book stores . . . time to spin yarn, knit, or reading in the afternoon with a cuppa.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    My rewards are new clothing or a fun experience. I pay myself a dollar every time I exercise and I have a good amount in my jar right now for a nice new pair of shoes ☺️

OMG I LOVE this idea! I sort of just buy stuff as needed, but I think that's a cool concept. Keeps my budget in better shape, too!

• Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I don't reward myself specifically.
    We travel already, just because we love it and are fortunate enough to be able to take a few little trips here and there. As for "stuff" - I don't really want/need too much to be honest, so I can never think of a fitting reward. I like mani/pedi - but I don't LOVE it, so it's kinda meh for me. I love massages, but I just let the hubs take care of that for me :) I'm open to ideas, though! Maybe some nicer workout clothes...I always hate to buy those because they're expensive and I just sweat in them.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    I have kids...there are no such things as rewards for Mom. Although, I do ask Rowdy to take me on a date about once a month and he's always very obliging :smile: I don't think of that as a reward but as a mental health night and a build the love even more than it already is night.

This is sweet.
  • LauraCoth
    LauraCoth Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Buying video games...that I never have time to play, because I'm always either working, at the gym, asleep, or spending time with the little woman. Between my Steam account and my PS Vita, I probably have about seven years worth of games, at my current rate of play.

That sounds like my addiction/reward. Steam, GOG.com, EA. I must have 200 games waiting to be played.

• Brigit723
    Brigit723 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Billyin4c wrote: »
    I love to cook. So, I usually get a new low carb/keto cookbook! I just bought one that only has fat bomb recipes. It's awesome

@Billyin4c ooooo....if you find any that do not require coconut anything, would you pass them on? All the recipes I have found so far have coconut oil or coconut milk in them and I can't have it. :(
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    @SuperCarLori - if he was half as sappy as I we'd be drowning in syrup and wading in sugar around here. He's gruff and quiet and rarely says anything sappy so it all balances out. However - there isn't a thing he does during his day that isn't for me or this family so he can be as quiet as he wants. I see and feel how much he loves us in every action he takes. Me? I'm sappy and rarely shut up about him...clearly...

This makes my heart so happy. I have a wonderful man, too.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I love mani/pedis, especially since the way I do them myself imitates a 3 year old. Now massages, that is going way to far for my comfort zone.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    LauraCoth wrote: »
    Buying video games...that I never have time to play, because I'm always either working, at the gym, asleep, or spending time with the little woman. Between my Steam account and my PS Vita, I probably have about seven years worth of games, at my current rate of play.

That sounds like my addiction/reward. Steam, GOG.com, EA. I must have 200 games waiting to be played.

I blame their sales model. Those -80% off deals are hard to ignore.
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Every time someone mentions pedicures, I am reminded of something that happened when I was a teenager living in So-Cal. A friend of my cousin's wife had terribly funky *kitten* feet. Living in LA county didn't exactly help this.

So, said wife and her friend decide to get a pedicure done at the mall one day. They get my cousin's wife seated and start working on her. However, as soon as they pulled of one of her friend's shoes, the little Asian ladies reeled back, looking like they were going to vomit, and started yelling things at each other in (what I believed to be) Korean. After a few seconds of this, one of them, while holding her composure as best she could, told the girl "foot no good. This foot no good here. You go home, wash foot very hard, then come back".

That was close to 20 years ago now, and they still rag on her about it.

Seriously, how foul must one's foot be to gross out a person who does that *kitten* every day?

Hahaha! Omg! I'm dying reading that story.... Wait....

p49l5xai0604.jpeg
    eb0z3r7mvfal.jpeg
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Date nite!!! Dinner and a movie!
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Brigit723 wrote: »
    Right now my reward is shopping in my own closet lol I'm not doing more until I hit onederland (7 more to go!), saving money for a new tattoo.

A new tattoo! I like that idea!!