Options

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    trish55011 wrote: »
    macchiatto wrote: »
    Love this thread!
    My new favorite hack is when you put shredded cheese and pepperoni (and any other toppings you want) in a bowl, simply microwave for 30-45 seconds, stir and enjoy pizza in a bowl. :) I actually don't even miss the crust; super yummy and easy and satisfies the pizza craving.

Did this Saturday night during family game time... I was in heaven with the first bite! Ooohhhh so gooey good and a whole lot cheaper than delivery...

I concur about this being awesome. I've also tried the low carb pizza with a "low carb" tortilla (6g net carbs - that hurts, but I've got a lead on finding some tortillas with 3g net carbs if I drive 1 hr. round trip), pizza sauce (6g net carbs for 1/4 cup - that hurts, too and I need to find a lower carb substitute), shredded cheese, jalapenos, and pepperonis. 8-9 min. at 450 degrees. It's 12g net carbs total (9g if I can get the even lower carb tortillas, but am going to look for a substitute for pizza sauce too). So then it is actually a pizza, though a lot of carbs compared to the pepperoni and cheese microwave dish. Anyway, I think I got the idea from here to start with, but don't recall for sure.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I found a low carb herb tomato sauce for my "pizza sauce". It's called Full Circle Organic Crushed Tomatoes. You can get it in basil or garlic and herb. 2 Net Carbs for 1/4 cup. It's yummy. I buy it at Brookshire's here in Texas. I think it may be their brand but maybe it's online or carried elsewhere?
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    I think the pork rind nacho idea is a great hack shared here on another thread! Pork rinds provide a vessel for all sorts of yummy foods instead of chips or tortillas. Salsa, guac, dips, cream cheese....and once the savory flavor is baked off, for sweets treats that are dipable too.

I LOVE pork rinds. They are my "chip" of choice. They are great with hot sauce or with Wickles (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hoagie-Sub-Spread-Pack-of-12/30995203) added link to the walmart site showing this in case you have never heard of it. It is actually great on/in lots of stuff if you like just a little kick, but not too spicy.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I apparently didn't use the quote thing right since it looks like @RowdysLady wrote all of the above instead of just the first paragraph.

Sorry, I'm new here.
  • CeliaSea
    CeliaSea Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    When I put thighs in the crock pot I take the skins off, put em on parchment on a baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and sometimes garlic or pepper and 400 degrees til crisp....YUM!

That is BRILLIANT! I make chicken thighs all the time. I'm totally adopting this trick. Thank you! <3
  • mickigoad
    mickigoad Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Abm4n wrote: »
    Hard boiled eggs, in the fridge, ready to go.

I just did this today... nice grab and go snack
  • RowdysLady
    edited August 2016
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    I apparently didn't use the quote thing right since it looks like @RowdysLady wrote all of the above instead of just the first paragraph.

Sorry, I'm new here.

Welcome aboard! And I figured it out :smile: Just write what you want under the last quote symbols
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!
    My new favorite hack is when you put shredded cheese and pepperoni (and any other toppings you want) in a bowl, simply microwave for 30-45 seconds, stir and enjoy pizza in a bowl. :) I actually don't even miss the crust; super yummy and easy and satisfies the pizza craving.

Did this Saturday night during family game time... I was in heaven with the first bite! Ooohhhh so gooey good and a whole lot cheaper than delivery...

I concur about this being awesome. I've also tried the low carb pizza with a "low carb" tortilla (6g net carbs - that hurts, but I've got a lead on finding some tortillas with 3g net carbs if I drive 1 hr. round trip), pizza sauce (6g net carbs for 1/4 cup - that hurts, too and I need to find a lower carb substitute), shredded cheese, jalapenos, and pepperonis. 8-9 min. at 450 degrees. It's 12g net carbs total (9g if I can get the even lower carb tortillas, but am going to look for a substitute for pizza sauce too). So then it is actually a pizza, though a lot of carbs compared to the pepperoni and cheese microwave dish. Anyway, I think I got the idea from here to start with, but don't recall for sure.

@midwesterner85 - I got to the point I just started using tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, or crushed tomatoes...topped with a little of the dried herb Italian seasoning mix and a little garlic salt, then topped as normal kept the flavor wow UP and the carbs down. Tomatoes themselves still have carbs, so there are some, but it's really minimal if you get the ones that are ONLY TOMATOES, nothing added.

My walmart changed up the sauce I was using that was lower net carb, and now there's no options without intentionally going sugar free, and I just don't like the taste of those. Traditional sauce is like Candy level sweet to me now.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Love this thread!

@midwesterner85 - I got to the point I just started using tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, or crushed tomatoes...topped with a little of the dried herb Italian seasoning mix and a little garlic salt, then topped as normal kept the flavor wow UP and the carbs down. Tomatoes themselves still have carbs, so there are some, but it's really minimal if you get the ones that are ONLY TOMATOES, nothing added.

My walmart changed up the sauce I was using that was lower net carb, and now there's no options without intentionally going sugar free, and I just don't like the taste of those. Traditional sauce is like Candy level sweet to me now.

That's what I ended up doing - the local grocery store had tomato sauce and tomato paste with just as many carbs as the pizza sauce. Don't even think about spaghetti sauce because that increases the carbs several times over. But I did find a can of crushed tomatoes with fewer carbs than anything else.
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    My current favorite is scrambled egg whites. I buy the large carton and scramble the whole thing at once & store in a large Tupperware. Scoop out a cup or so, add some shredded cheese & bacon bits, and there's breakfast (or lunch).

Bacon I cook by the pound by chopping it up raw and cooking on the stovetop til crispy. Drain off the fat into your bacon fat jar and leave the bacon bits out to dry on some paper towels. (My oven is broken and I don't have the patience to cook whole strips on the stovetop. This is quick and easy!)

And I just discovered ricotta cheese pancakes. Made a triple batch the other day and stored them in the fridge. They make great sandwiches!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,413 Member
    Options
    @annalisbeth74 just the whites? Whyforhowcome not the yolk?

This was my wondering too. Eggs are a glorious keto food, but if you eat just the whites, the protein to fat balance gets all off. I ate 5 whole eggs for dinner the other night, scrambled in a tbsp of butter and the ratios were great.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    MyriiStorm wrote: »
    Homemade keto-ade! I think @Sunny_Bunny_ posted the recipe, and it has saved my life this past week. Two and a half months into LCHF and I finally started getting the headaches, dizziness and muscle cramps. So I made some of the keto-ade, and it worked wonders.

This morning I put the salts, lime juice and stevia in a Tupperware Midgets container and took it to work to add to my water. It was easier than lugging the full water bottle. I think I'll fix several of them and keep them in my fridge to grab in the mornings.

Sorry, I don't know the keto-aid recipe. I think @baconslave posted it recently. I thought it was on the electrolytes post in launchpad but I didn't see it. I've never actually made it because I just drink pickle juice for a boost of sodium. I add my magnesium to a different supplement mix I use and get potassium from coffee, tea, foods and using NuSalt on foods.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    You can do this with any meat, of course, but Rowdy hunts deer and processes it himself (we also have a pig he will process when the weather cools off) so when he makes sausage or ground meat I package it up in pre weighed portions. I know exactly how many ounces I'm getting when I pull a patty out of the freezer for breakfast. I make them up in patties and put parchment paper between them. Because we all love the deer sausage he makes I package them up in various multiples. 6 patties in one freezer pack to cook for the family or 2 patties in another pack because I'm only fixing my own breakfast, etc.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!

I always liked white pizza best, anyway...what a wonderful life.