augus[t] someone should make a new daily workout thread then

Options
1234568»

Replies

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i went to trainer day after work, but i was stumbling, shambling tired, and didn't do anything.

pretty much literally. made a beginning at bench and said nope after the first rep of the first work set. didn't even get into the second warmup set for deadlift. and after that i just sat around and watched other people do things. i'm just too tired.

going to write off the week. whatever is going on, this isn't lifting-capable turf.
  • Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Today:

single leg squats to a box: 3x 7 holding a 12kg dumbbell, 2x7 with 10kg
    dumbbell OHP: 7/6/5 with 12kg 7/7 with 10
    unassisted chin ups: 3/3/2
    assisted pull ups: 7/7/7/7/6
    Then 5x13 burpees, which just about killed me!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Resting today and yesterday after a bad lifting day Thursday, complete with bad form on my squats that left my back aching, even in to today. I took some videos of my form, and I am rounding my back at the bottom of my squats now :fearful: taking it easy and reloading squats until I can safely get it right.

Squats 80# 5x5 with *kitten* form
    OHP 55# 5/5/3/4/4 3rd time failing, so I'll deload.
    Deadlift 105# 1x5 ...this was supposed to be 115...but that wasn't budging so I dropped the weight. I'm not sure if my other failures were getting to me or what.
    Skipped the accessories and scowled for the rest of the night.
    Planning on sleeping more and stressing less.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Must be something in the air because my lifting session sucked today too. I felt great going in, but failed on OHP and spectacularly failed on DL. Could not even get 165 off the ground. And my squat was still challenging enough that I don't feel confident enough to go up next session. Did better on my chin-ups and pull-ups at least.

bxptn243f455.png
  • canadianlbs
    edited August 2016
    Options
    went back late today a hard-core sleep marathon, and did yesterday's missed fives-week workout

press 45/50/55. just barely, but without a rack and also after doing everything else. so okay; that's enough to get by.

deadlift 115/135/155. i actually only did the first two of the heavy set in a row. then i stopped because i knew i was just flailing and guessing at form. slowed it waaaaaay down, took each one as a single, and super-setted each rep with an eccentric pullup with hold, and with pallof presses to make sure my core was engaged the whole time. i actually got the paloff press wrong, but whatever i was doing, at least it felt like i was using my core for the deadlifts after that. i made sure i did five of the singles, just to be sure that i'd hit the number. and i'm fairly sure that it was worth it because i'm feeling my hamstrings already. note to self for future reference: five singles with good form is ALWAYS a better idea than five strung together with crappier form. not just for safety reasons, but for actually working the muscles involved.

this is probably the main effect i notice from all the biking right now: it makes it really hard to find/feel/wake up my core. i haven't yet figured out a form for riding that doesn't feel like my abs are asleep. so now when i'm lifting it's hard to find them and make them turn on. i'm working on it.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts Workout A
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85/95, 5X5X 100
    OHP- 1X5X 45/50/55/60, 5X5X 55
    DL- 1 X5X 150

Kettlebell Swing
    Russian kettle bell swing-20 X 10 X 35

Walk 1,000 Miles Challenge
    5 miles
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    bike ride. and now i'm trying to be virtuous so i'm making myself eat a big helping of 3-bean salad before i even think about gummy bears.

this because i read the actual calorie count on the back of a package of them.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    canadianlbs- I know exactly what you mean! I had to have just 1 cinnamon bear for desert!
  • fanncy0626
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-25X 10 X 35

5 miles

Week four of my transition to using the 35 pound kettle bell during strong lift workout and rest days. I picked up my 40, 45, and 50lb Kettlebells yesterday! I am excited to start using the 40 pound next week!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Today's session went better than last time. I was able to nail my bench and I went ahead and increased my squat. I couldn't get all reps, but it was better than I figured. I kept my row the same weight as I'm not quite getting the bar to touch on the last rep. I added a 6th rep though. Cut out accessories due to time constraints.

csu8wg4g27mh.png

• canadianlbs
    Options
    i did a feeble semi-workout that doesn't even count, at lightning speed this morning before i went off to work.

wrote it off; in theory at least i'm going to go to bed at an 8-yo's time and go try it again tomorrow with actual time.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Workout A
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85/95, 5X5X 100
    BP-1X5X 55/65/75, 5X5X 85
    BR-5X5X 85

Kettlebell Swing
    Russian kettle bell swing-23X 10 X 35

5 miles
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    last day of the month . . . as far as new-thread titles go, i got nothing.

didn't get any lifting done today because the rec centre was closed 'due to fire' this evening. *blink*. apparently minor (i just checked) so should be open again tomorrow. i hope so because tomorrow morning is the only chance i have left to get my other workout in for this week.

i've had three days in a row of riding and was unexpectedly fast for this one, so i wasn't exactly crushed about it. detoured sideways and went to the grocery store instead.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    I posted a thread but it is not very creative!
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    I posted a thread but it is not very creative!

:) thanks for doing it though.