Rainbow OMAD Thread

Options
13»

Replies

• thebobogrind
    thebobogrind Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    This is just a guess on my part and if it doesn't sound palatable, disregard it.

Sugar is mentioned as an ingredient that gives you the most trouble and compels you to eat too many calories in general, which, of course, is the cause of overweight.

Probably the only reason why I'm doing OMAD is because I allow myself to eat anything I want. I eat or drink something with sugar almost every single day and not just a little skimpy thing but a complete serving. By the time I'm done eating the delicious savory meal, as much as I'd love to eat a whole blueberry pie with a pint of Haagen Dazs vanilla (which I've done about a million times before), I just can't because I'm too full.

What if you were to allow yourself an OMAD meal consisting of nothing but desserts? Eat a whole cake or a whole box of donuts or a quart of ice cream along with a Pepsi or a lemonade. You may consume up to 2,500 calories, but chances are, the next day you'd really want a savory meal and might not even want any dessert foods. Anyway, it would be a way to test if you're really addicted to sugar or if it's a psychological idea that can be challenged.

I've thought about doing that before, well maybe not an entire pie or anything, but have thought of going out and have a big huge piece of Choco cake with ice cream and nice latte etc, while on a date night with my husband. I imagine that I'd be hungry shortly after and may feel hungry and may want to eat before my OMAD time the next day... But yes I've thought about it although the I haven't done it... Yet.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    This is just a guess on my part and if it doesn't sound palatable, disregard it.

Sugar is mentioned as an ingredient that gives you the most trouble and compels you to eat too many calories in general, which, of course, is the cause of overweight.

Probably the only reason why I'm doing OMAD is because I allow myself to eat anything I want. I eat or drink something with sugar almost every single day and not just a little skimpy thing but a complete serving. By the time I'm done eating the delicious savory meal, as much as I'd love to eat a whole blueberry pie with a pint of Haagen Dazs vanilla (which I've done about a million times before), I just can't because I'm too full.

What if you were to allow yourself an OMAD meal consisting of nothing but desserts? Eat a whole cake or a whole box of donuts or a quart of ice cream along with a Pepsi or a lemonade. You may consume up to 2,500 calories, but chances are, the next day you'd really want a savory meal and might not even want any dessert foods. Anyway, it would be a way to test if you're really addicted to sugar or if it's a psychological idea that can be challenged.

I concur with the quote above about allowing eating sugar stuff but at the end of a good meal.

RainbowVenus
    I do believe sugar can be addictive but I also am not sure that we should try to completely eliminate it. Honey is a natural thing that I think is ok to eat as well as dried fruits and they have a lot of sugar in them. I think the key is to fill up on good stuff (non-refined sugar stuff) and then if we want a little sugar, I think it is ok (for me anyways). I don't think I could keep a diet that would never let me have any sugar. I don't think that is realistic. We were meant to eat some sugar. I think moderation is the key. Eating adequate protein takes away a lot of the cravings for sugar. Stick out the fast in the day and then in the evening, fill up on good stuff and then top off with a little bit of sugary stuff (that is what I try to do) and it has worked for me losing weight-wise and it also is sustainable because I don't deprive me of sugar or other yummy things. I think this is a better approach but everyone is different and may need a different approach. For sure if you eat sugar on an empty stomach you are asking for a bad day. Once I eat sugar, I want to keep eating too. If I eat a little late in the evening, it doesn't have much of an impact because I'm going to bed not too long after that. I think it is ok to eat some sugar but I do think if we do that, it needs to be planned eating of sugar (late after filling up on good stuff). There is sugar naturally in about all foods that we eat so we can't completely eliminate it and have to learn how to deal with it.

What I have noticed with OMAD and other diets is that too many people are either all the way in or are all the way out. It doesn't have to be that way. If I have a bad day, I just roll with it and try the next. One day doesn't make or break us. Being all the way in or all the way out can break us if it is all the way out.
  • rainbowvenus
    rainbowvenus Posts: 28 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Day 7 of being on track! 8 lbs down from where I was last Wednesday. No updates because I have started school, got engaged, and it's been too busy at work to log in. I am taking time today however, because it has been a whole week with no huge incidents. The only "hiccup" I could say happened was Monday when I ended up over-indulging in some chocolate. The plus side, I have not been breaking down and eating during the day despite intense emotional lows (anger, frustration, sadness). We also got notification we are cleared to wear our Fitness Bands at work again so I will be able to track more of my steps! YES. Hope all of you are doing well.
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    That's a fantastic weight loss, rainbowvenus!!
  • rainbowvenus
    rainbowvenus Posts: 28 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Today was a good day. I ended up eating one meal with my family, which my mother cooked. About 20 minutes after finishing my meal I was craving more sugar. Another hour after that I was craving sugar again. I managed to redirect my focus and stick to the initial amount of dessert I had intended. My sugar cravings have been manageable which is good. I did a 30 minute workout today, however it was not jogging like I wanted. It was my first workout of the week. My goal is to work out 30 minutes five times a week. 30 minutes seems achievable and will sustain me until I have more time to focus on working out. I will be trying to go to the gym on weekends to do weightlifting, since I cannot spare the extra time during the week to go to the gym, shower, change and go to school or any other errands I have planned. I have been intending to train for a half marathon but with three jobs and church that goal has been put on the back burner. Maybe after the honeymoon.
  • blambo61
    edited August 2016
    Options
    You sound busy! Sugar is an enemy early in the day especially. Once on it, you do the roller coaster of eat sugar, high blood sugar, high insulin, low blood sugar, hunger/feel bad like afternoon crash, ...repeat. It is a vicious cycle. It causes overeating. I still allow sugar- but only like it sounds you are doing- as a desert after I've filled up on good stuff so I can't eat too much of it. By the time a crash comes, I'm going to bed. Probably would be better to not use it at all and I'm working on less (eating fruit instead) but I will allow some at the end of the evening so won't feel deprived from never getting any of that. Good luck.
  • thebobogrind
    thebobogrind Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Freaken right! After having rice with beans, bean sprouts, peppers, onions, and fish.. I had a Magnum ice cream bar (double caramel)... And lost 2 lbs overnight! Gotta love OMAD!
    My husband has lost 10lbs in a week eating yummy food, nothing off limits!

Bobo
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Freaken right! After having rice with beans, bean sprouts, peppers, onions, and fish.. I had a Magnum ice cream bar (double caramel)... And lost 2 lbs overnight! Gotta love OMAD!
    My husband has lost 10lbs in a week eating yummy food, nothing off limits!

Bobo

LOL. That's funny!