Need help starting

Options

Replies

• jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Thanks @TerezaToledo ! Long talk with hubby tonight about just that. Lots of good improvements. Affecting more than just me!

@beverlyriley900 once you start a thread you can follow it by pushing the little star and you will get a notification when any one posts.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Writing it out is a great way to have a history of your journey. Write away!!
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @beverlyriley900 That's great that you feel inspired by @saranharm
    I have been telling her for a long time now that she will inspire many people. So glad she has inspired you. <3
    Ichel
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    I'm blushing @empressichel :)

That's why I put myself out there. I'm not 100% ready to share errthing with my people in real life (if they asked, I would!) But I do want to inspire others. I spent too long hating myself and treating my body poorly. I don't want others to do that and never see that things can be different.

Fight fear with action!
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    saranharm wrote: »
    I'm blushing @empressichel :)

That's why I put myself out there. I'm not 100% ready to share errthing with my people in real life (if they asked, I would!) But I do want to inspire others. I spent too long hating myself and treating my body poorly. I don't want others to do that and never see that things can be different.

Fight fear with action!

<3<3<3<3<3
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Time based goals for diet are almost always a source of discouragement. Good realization.

Sounds like a good plan to incorporate those usually difficult time periods anyway.
    Extra food and heavy lifting - your body will know what to do with it!
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    Time based goals for diet are almost always a source of discouragement. Good realization.

Sounds like a good plan to incorporate those usually difficult time periods anyway.
    Extra food and heavy lifting - your body will know what to do with it!

I only ever made 1 goal that I had set for myself. Like 10 years of weight loss. Discouraging, but not enough to realize I was insane.

Gonna get my holiday eats and gains on! Actually excited. I like having a plan because it gives me purpose. Just leaving the expectations behind. :)
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    The mentality switch that you made is amazing, huge! You did come a long way! I love the plans that you have and I am sure that you will reach your gial and go even farther. I can't wait to hear more about you accomplishments!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • jvezzsb01
    jvezzsb01 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I love reading your updates saranharm! It's so motivating for someone just starting with this journey.
  • Wiccandothis
    Wiccandothis Posts: 851 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Me too! I have read through every page of your thread you show great detail on how to up calories and the struggles to get to maintenance. Your posts really inspire me to stick with it no matter what. I know that I'm going to gain and lose along the way, but in the long run it will pay off!
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    @saranharm, keep the updates coming!
    Sometimes we may think that just because we don't see or show physical differences, nothing is happening. But as a matter of fact, we are changing through this process and once the mental changes happen, the physical ones will follow. One thing that is always good to keep in mind is that eating more, feeling good, enjoying life without guilt while still weighting and looking the same is way much better than not eating, restricting, feeling tired, guilty and unhappy while still weighting and looking the same.
    I always say that if I'm going to eat less, I want to see numbers dropping, or it's just better to eat. When we dieted in the past, we would see some quick and temporary changes, but they were just temporary. I stick with slow long lasting changes!

I guess I'm joining the ramblers club ;)

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    I hope the physical change will follow!

This whole process is like a dance. A step forward, two steps back.

Some of it depends on emotions at a certain time of the month... :)

We have been challenges in the #crushingthedietmentality course to clear out all of the clothes that don't fit, have never fit, etc. I thought I would crush this challenge. I love getting rid of stuff. I did a huge clean out when I moved last year. Over 1 day, I realized that my issue wasn't getting rid of stuff but refilling the gaps. I only have 2-4 items that don't fit (including my winter jacket). The rest fit me, but it's 99% sweats and t shirts.

When I first started to think about it, I thought I would like some new clothes but then the thoughts started coming. "I can't buy new stuff. Its too expensive. It only looks good on the models. It only looks good if you style your hair and do your makeup. Its hopefully not going to fit soon" (<---- the ONLY good thing about that lie is how much money its saved me over the years).

Its true of my whole life. I'll wear jeans from goodwill, t-shirts from the men's section of goodwill, sweatshirts I've had since high school, wholy underwear. 99% of my furniture is stuff other people were getting rid of (not bad but its a random assortment of random stuff). Part of it is a lack of talent piecing things together (even my hubby has said things like "you cannot wear those two things together" lol!), part of it is probably thinking I'm not worth it, no matter how subconsciously.

Anyways, yesterday was a very emotional day! I thought it would always be about what I was eating, the exercises I do, I didn't expect this. I know growth happens only when pushed or challenged so I will keep going.

It also showed me that I am still overly emotional when it comes to this stuff. And its given me some things to think about as I move forward.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Hello Saranharm

I'm getting there with my protein macro !! However because of my love of fruit my carbs and sugar are over, is this very relevant if it's from fruit????? Thank carol
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    Hello Saranharm

I'm getting there with my protein macro !! However because of my love of fruit my carbs and sugar are over, is this very relevant if it's from fruit????? Thank carol

Carol, I would just work on your protein for now. Your carbs will balance out as you up your protein. And once you get your calories to tdee you will have more room to work with anyways.
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    @dejavuohlala forgot to tag you above

:)
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    saranharm wrote: »
    @dejavuohlala forgot to tag you above

:)
    Thank you
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I struggled with the closet clean out when I did it earlier this year. I had held on to everything in my past because i really really wanted to wear it again and be that small.. But once I started to realize that even if I did get back down to those sizes again, the clothing wouldnt fit right anyways as my back and chest area have increased from lifting. Hell my biceps right now have popped so much half of my shirts dont fit anymore:)

But yeah, I get it. I struggled with buying new clothes when I did it too.. Im plus size..on the high side of plus, so there are very few options for me to shop at. So it took a while to work up the courage to buy things that I normally wouldnt have bought, and took me a while to buy a few pieces to make it work for me. I get the whole yoga pants and sweats thing. I am a SAHM so that was my wardrobe for 8 years. But now, I decided it was time to stop with the frump and take an investment in me. I bought a couple of nicer tops (partly because I started work again).. I started putting makeup back on... and i started slowly adding color.. If you look back on my instagram feed, I posted back in the summer about my green capri pants and how they are totally not me, but I MADE them me.. it felt so freeing to wear color again..

But this all stemmed from that closet cleanout.. It all made me realize that if I dont love me now, ill never love me thinner. Small steps, but it does come:) Its a good challenge and Im so glad you are taking it head on.

Kelly
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator