Step-It-Up September Week 4 (9/22-9/30)

Options

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    didn't make it yesterday, I fought an epic battle (and won) against a migraine instead. I'll take the win on that one over getting my steps in any day!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Got my exercise in today. Feeling good.
    Carbs - Still high, but not crazy.
    Cals - Getting better
    Need more sleep!
    Lot of Water today.

Have a great day!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Food - good
    Exercise - not happening, ugh! We did go hiking on Saturday, but nothing at home. M-Th I leave for work at 4:30 am and get home and 6 pm so it's really easy to talk myself out of it in favor of family time or sleep.
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's strength training work-out was awesome because I had great music playlist.
    But then my bluetooth earphone ran out of juice, and so did I.

Today's farming session was cut short due to the heavy rain.
    So I'm not too exhausted and will go to Zumba class tonight.
    It's so much fun! It's like dancing with friends for 1hr.

Have a great day!
    Amanda
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    huango wrote: »
    Yesterday's strength training work-out was awesome because I had great music playlist.
    But then my bluetooth earphone ran out of juice, and so did I.

Today's farming session was cut short due to the heavy rain.
    So I'm not too exhausted and will go to Zumba class tonight.
    It's so much fun! It's like dancing with friends for 1hr.

Have a great day!
    Amanda

I feel exactly the same about Zumba! I have soo much fun, feels like I'm out just dancing with friends
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Truth. I just put in time today to meet my 1200 minute goal. I picked up this "flu bug" that is going around which will teach me to never say again, " I can't remember when I was last sick".

60 minutes today on stationary recumbent means only 150 minutes to complete September goal! Done.
  • eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    9/27
    16,890 steps (15,000 step goal)
    Food measured/weighed✅
  • slimzandra
    Options
    Exercise in today. :+1:
    Carbs - Too high :-1:
    Cals - OK :)
    Nice sleeping night. No booze. :+1:
    Lot of Water today.

Going to see Garrison Keillor tonight. Should be fun.

Enjoy the day!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    slimzandra wrote: »

Going to see Garrison Keillor tonight. Should be fun.

@slimzandra Love him!! My husband grew up listening to Prairie Home Companion with his dad and a couple months after his dad died, Garrison Keillor came through Los Angeles and we got to see him at the Hollywood Bowl. It was a wonderful show!! :heart:
  • kpk54
    Options
    Feeling a little better with this cold/flu. Got in some walking minutes (60) via walking 3.2 miles to/from Wally World to get some cold/flu medicine. Wasn't my speediest walk but I did it. 90 minutes remaining to meet September goal of 1200 cardio minutes.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Cals: Under
    Logged: Check!
    Carbs: 34gm net
    Exercise: 25 min walk/jog mix

Today I had my first-ever pulmonary function test. I failed; turns out I have a severe obstruction. Had a breathing treatment followed by a much improved pulmonary function test. Excited by how much easier my breathing was during ensuing walk/jog mix! This should help with my swimming, too!
  • eneild
    Options
    9/28
    17,757 steps (15,000 step goal)
    Food weighed/measured✅
  • slimzandra
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Exercise in today. :+1: (going for my walk now)
    Carbs - Too high :-1:
    Cals - OK :)
    Up all night partying. Dranks after the show last night, blew it last night w/booze. :-1:
    Lot of Water today.

Garrison Keillor was great last night. 2 hours non-stop show, by himself. Even my bf who doesn't "get" him thought he was a good entertainer.

Enjoy the day! I'm bailing work early to pick up kiddo from school.

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    October challenge. Went digging in the old discussions to find what I did last year. That took way too long...
    I modified it some and here it is.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10462981/fearless-october-2016-week-1-10-1-10-7#latest
  • eneild
    Options
    9/29
    16,705+ steps-low battery on my Fitbit and when I had the chance to replace it, somehow 2,000ish steps were lost (15,000 step goal)
    Food weighed/measured✅
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Fantastic KB class yesterday.
    Good thing I had eaten some wild salmon cakes ~1.5hrs before class so that I'm not as winded as I was at the previous class when I was starving and ran out of of carb to fuel my work-out.
  • slimzandra
    Options
    Can't wait to start earning pumpkins!

Water :+1:
    Calorie goal: YUP
    At or under carbs: Nope. Arg!
    Exercise as planned: :+1:
    Logged food ;)

Happy weekend!

• kpk54
    Options
    With only 90 minutes to go to meet my goal of 1200 cardio minutes for the month of September...I quit! Didn't have the energy last night and don't have the energy today. Last Saturday I started feeling a little crappy. Sunday the cold/flu set in and has been slow to leave. Content in my bed with my box of tissues, breathing through my mouth (cuz the nose is stuffed) and listening to the wheezing in my chest. At least the razors have left my throat when I cough.

I'm happy with 1110/1200 minutes for the month. A-. :)
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Ended September by winning a DietBet AND getting back into maintenance range! 132.8!

Went 50 over on cals today (but was like 200 under yesterday; 2 not-hungry days followed by a hungrier day). Carbs were OK, weighed and measured.
    Hit my step goal.
  • eneild
    Options
    9/30
    23,170 steps (12,000 step goal)
    Food measured/weighed✅

It was a good step it up month. Managed to move from the higher end of my previous maintenance range (113-117) to the lower end of my new maintenance range (108-112). Feeling pretty settled about things knowing I'll probably always need to keep a close eye on calories and portion sizes.