Let's talk about Bulletproof Coffee

Options

Replies

• kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I have always drank my coffee black, but I personally enjoy the taste of BPC as my actual breakfast (I could never drink more than one cup though). For 6-8 oz of coffee, I add 15 ml/g each of cream, butter and coconut oil. I am not adapted and BPC usually satisfies my hunger, but find it stops filling me up after a few weeks. I stop drinking it and switch to solid food instead for a week or so. I find BPC is also quick and easy. Going to try the suggestion of adding some protein powder because otherwise I have to wait until mid-morning to eat since solid food has never been agreeable to my tummy first thing in the morning.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    When I drink a "cup" of BPC I make a 6 cup pot of coffee and add my normal ingredients. That's my "cup" of BPC for breakfast. If I feel really hungry I'll up it to 8 cups and double the fat. I can usually go most of the day without eating after that. I also go through times, @kimberwolf71, when it seems to stop working for me and I need to chew my breakfast for a while. Then I go back.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I made it for the first time today. I though it was OK. I added a dash of pumpkin pie spice and stevia to the second cup and it was a lot better.
  • froyseef
    froyseef Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am not a coffee person, so had to start very slowly with BPC. One tsp fat. Now I am up to two TBSPS, but only drink it on days I am heading to the pool for a heavy duty workout. It will never be something I love, but it is tolerable. Averaging 4#'s per month for almost 8 months. Doctor and I are both happy.
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Anyone add any powders to your PBC? I've seen a few recipes that call for collagen. On top of collagen and protein powders I also have a TON of maca, garcinia cambogia, and other super food powder that might be tasteless in BPC. Wondering if anyone else has experimented with these.
  • 53YOWM
    53YOWM Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bowlerae wrote: »
    Anyone add any powders to your PBC? I've seen a few recipes that call for collagen. On top of collagen and protein powders I also have a TON of maca, garcinia cambogia, and other super food powder that might be tasteless in BPC. Wondering if anyone else has experimented with these.
    While I haven't tried BPC exactly, I've added various powders to my coffee & ghee blend. The powders include: carob, cocoa, turmeric, ginger, cayenne (just a pinch). They were either alone or in various combinations.

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    bowlerae wrote: »

I add collagen, magnesium, ginkgo, coQ10 and mct oil to my first cup every morning. And sometimes salted butter. :wink:
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    Black coffee with a tiny squirt of stevia.
    Save the butter for my eggs. :)
    Cream for lunch.

>:) or o:)
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting to experiment with this. I love my strong dark black coffee and refuse to wreck it with a mix of butter, coconut oil, or MCT in it. I pour myself a cup to enjoy and take a slightly heaping teaspoon of butter to eat alongside it. Then another cup of coffee to clear the butter taste out of my mouth. I just bought MCT today so I'll maybe experiment with subbing this for the butter and see if it still holds me for 14+ hours.
  • FitChick_42
    FitChick_42 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've never been a coffee drinker. I had like 1 coffee a year, but I tried BPC to hit my fat macro and loved, wow. Now I wake up craving it. I make it with cream and stevia, but might exclude those again. I am not sure if stevia spikes my blood sugar. Anyone have experience and seen a difference?
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    I've never been a coffee drinker. I had like 1 coffee a year, but I tried BPC to hit my fat macro and loved, wow. Now I wake up craving it. I make it with cream and stevia, but might exclude those again. I am not sure if stevia spikes my blood sugar. Anyone have experience and seen a difference?

I use liquid stevia just for this reason.

• 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I love BPC. I have it every morning. Mine is 2 cups of coffee, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp butter, and 1 tbsp. hwc... then I blend it in my Ninja. It wakes me up and keeps me full until the afternoon.
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options

I haven't noticed it it spikes my blood sugar, but I have to avoid artificial sweeteners because they give me bad headaches.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    6mimi wrote: »

I haven't noticed it it spikes my blood sugar, but I have to avoid artificial sweeteners because they give me bad headaches.

Stevia is a natural sweetener. <3
    The powder is bonded to a carb.
    The liquid isn't.

ohhhh......This light bulb just came on for me.....well how bout that.
  • Habiteer
    Habiteer Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    6mimi wrote: »

Stevia
    The powder is bonded to a carb.

Today I learned something disappointing :(

Also my gummy multivitamins have 3 grams of carbs per serving. Should have noticed earlier :( If it's too good to be true...
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    7pm = dinner
    8am = organic tea with 1TBSP Bulletproof Brain Octane and a pinch of organic ground stevia leaves
    12:30pm = lunch

Every day. Not hungry inbetween at all. Have stared having issues finishing my lunch actually. I used to put butter in the tea or just eat it on the side as Dave Aspry recommends....but I don't suffer from disaster pants, which is the main reason for using butter - and I find my stomach get less upset without butter.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    yeah, @Drawoc, I avoid gummies like the plague. The other day I picked up my B12 in a dissolvable by mistake. I'm popping about 7 pills in my mouth all at once and I taste 'berry'....WTH? Sugar filled berry flavored sublingual/buccal B12....sigh....