The Grocery Battle... Meats

Options
2»

Replies

• AshStout83
    AshStout83 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I prefer chicken and turkey. I just cook it in butter or olive oil.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Everything Walden Farms makes is inedible. My opinion. I've wasted every dollar I tried on them.

Finally, @JessicaLCHF - someone else agrees. I can't help but shudder every single time someone extols it's virtues. I'm sure it works for some, but for me, it triggers instant-hellish-migraines... UGH... I'm tempted to run screaming from anywhere I find it...
  • TraceyScullion
    TraceyScullion Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Chicken breasts covered in pesto.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Everything Walden Farms makes is inedible. My opinion. I've wasted every dollar I tried on them.

Finally, @JessicaLCHF - someone else agrees. I can't help but shudder every single time someone extols it's virtues. I'm sure it works for some, but for me, it triggers instant-hellish-migraines... UGH... I'm tempted to run screaming from anywhere I find it...

I purchased a mocha syrup for coffee the other day and was so thrilled by my find. I had it twice and decided it really isn't good at all. My first cup was fine, but for some reason the second was just awful. I won't buy it again.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    MMMMM.....pork. Sorry, I do love just about anything pork. I fry pork chops in butter and then pair with some fresh spinach. I pour the butter over the pork chop when I serve it and then I use any left on the plate as part of the "dressing for my spinach salad. Add full-fat blue cheese dressing to that, and I'm in pretty good shape.

Also, if you like pork, I have shared a pic of this on another thread, but bacon crusted ribs on the smoker are awesome. Since the bacon is only partially cooked when I put it on the ribs, the rest of the juices run down into the ribs to keep them super moist.

hqd0efnu49v3.jpg

Here is a link to how to make these. I use Stubbs BBQ sauce which is low carb. Walden Farms makes a no carb BBQ sauce that is also an option.

http://bbqpitboys.com/recipes/bacon-crusted-spareribs/

I agree. I couldn't find the BBQ sauces everyone was raving about but was able to find Walden Farms. I was extremely disappointed and threw it out :(
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I enjoy many lean meats, sometimes I just get tired of chicken thighs, steak and pork belly and want something different. I usually just have smaller quantities if it's lean and I pan fry it in some olive oil or goose fat and will baste it in some butter before serving.