October 2016

Options

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    most people who rob banks don't wear masks. They want to look like nothing is happening. You show up with a mask and we are pretty much going to notice you. ;)

So today I was just going to do some odd things around the house but now I'm back to doing laundry as I am rewashing all the fabric I have for a guy who with his fellow senior citizens make comfort dolls for the ambulances in our area. So my thought is time to get rid of this stuff if I haven't use it time to downsize. It's weird you live your life thinking what if I need this and then you get to a point of I need to make room.

Ok the other thing that is really hard to get use to is having clothes again. Not that I ran around naked but I had a uniform at my old job and then I had my sweats when I was home. I didn't own anything. The closet was bare and it didn't bother me. Ok now the closet is full again and I'm like Oh my. I have to plan things out and it just feels so weird. I'm sure others don't notice what everyone is wearing but as my mother asks every single day what did you wear and what did so and so wear. Now I take notice. You know who has really good taste and those that just kind of throw things together. We have 2 managers one looks like she stepped out of Vogue she is probably late 50's and every day I think I want to look like her. Then we have the other one early 40's who just dresses very matronly and frumpy. I think to myself ok I look cute in my cardigans and slacks but would I look frumpy if I were heavier? It's weird as a few of the women have said to me you always look nice and you dress age appropriate. Well I want to dress classic but elegant business attire if it's such a thing. I don't want to look like I'm competing with all the 20 year olds. Plus I am suddenly aware of things I don't like. Like I prefer higher necklines you don't realize how many times you reach down to go to the bottom safe and I don't want the world to be looking down my blouse.

My husband turned on the furnace. His reasoning why is because I can't get sick I now have a full time job. :o Ok before it wasn't official nor was my schedule the same every week but I still did the same amt. of hours. He just blows my mind.

Our weather here is miserable I did my exercising inside too cold and rainy to be outside. I ordered a new raincoat and am hoping it comes in soon. I couldn't find anything in the stores they're starting to bring in the winter coats. My daughter took my 2 really nice umbrellas one for her and one for the boyfriend. That left me with one that's ok but nothing I would want to use. I really loved my leopard print one and the black one was just really heavy duty. You could beat off an attacker with it. Thus why I let them have it and let them swap me one with shoes and purses on it. Norberts mom had given it to him and he said he just couldn't use it. I can understand why.

Tomorrow is my first bank holiday :) My mom is sending me into my old place of employment to get her some stuff. I thought I had gotten everything already but she's like on your way over I need a few more things. I'm like ok I'll pick it up. She's worried that she is losing her marbles. I'm like you're ok you just have a lot going on. She still isn't use to the new work schedule where I am available on the weekends and busy all week. Thank goodness my sister is picking up the phone slack and calling her in the morning and I talk to her at night.

Hope you all are doing well and starting to get back on your feet again. Sue
  • 1skholloway
    1skholloway Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I am finally feeling better! Today, I have eaten most of my regular foods, including cottage cheese, and I feel well. This morning I knew it was time to get back to the gym this week when I was jumping while making breakfast. Then I found myself channeling James Brown as I sang "I Feel Good." I will still be careful and eat dairy products in small portions for a while. I didn't plan to eat any dairy today but I had a deficit in my caloric intake and didn't know what else to eat that I had available. It's great to feel better!

I hope everyone is doing better as well. We gotta start feeling better so we can make healthier choices whether that be exercise, eating, or both.

The weather is absolutely beautiful. I had to work from home this weekend and I had planned to sit outside while I worked but I never moved to the patio. I did spend a few minutes outdoors today and the sun felt wonderful. I am loving the cooler weather!

I hope everyone has a terrific week!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I have had a crazy few weeks but now they are behind me and I have a quieter month until my holiday in mid November. I only work three days this week because I worked last weekend. I'm hoping for good weather to get in some beachfront runs and ocean swims!
    Then I am doing catch ups with friends who have been away this week... Yay, lots of coffee and good conversations!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @1skholloway glad to hear you are feeling better. The sun is out this morning but we also have a frost so it's cold out.

@CaptainBoing as weird as it sounds I am looking forward to working my sat as it'll give me an early leave in the week so I can do something for and or with my mom. Weekends I help them with chores but in the week we always ran and did something fun. I know we could do something fun on the weekend but it's the only time we kind of have my dad around to do everything that needs to be done around their house. My Dad is very social he golfs or plays cards so weekends have always been do stuff around the house for them.

That is so cool that you go out for coffee. I realized that I need to work on my social skills. It is too easy for me to be a loner. I think it helps when you either like coffee or you drink. Though I did shock the girls when I knew the bar owner in town. He was like Hey Sue!! I was like Hi Pete. They were like we have never seen you at the bar? I'm like nope I grew up with him. ;)

Have a great day everyone!!!
  • Dory_42
    Options
    Yeah, I am not much of a drinker but am a serious coffee snob so know all the good places in town (although the best is owned by friends so it is the usual spot!) I find that time goes so fast that I always have people who I haven't seen in ages which makes a good excuse for coffee. Coffee shops are also easier to have discussions. I don't like having to shout over music and if there are too many people in a crowd I will end up people watching. Small groups are easier to chat in.
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    It was a beautiful day and I was getting tired and still had much to do so I went for a walk outdoors. I had planned to walk for about 15 minutes but ended up walking for 30 minutes A neighbor's dog was barking at me. The neighbor's kid told the dog "don't mess with that lady. She works out and and can eat your lunch. All you do is lay on my bed all day." :p The dog was not so big and I was not intimidated. I found the boy's comments very funny. I had not seen the kid before. I guess he thought I looked liked I was in pretty good shape. At that point I had been walking a little over 10 minutes so I was walking at a moderate speed. I can walk fast so I suppose I could have looked impressive to a kid, particularly because he probably thought I was old. :) Oh well, it sill did my heart good to hear such a comment, particularly on a Monday! I hope you all had something similarly good happen to you today!
  • 1skholloway
    Options
  • blitzbis
    blitzbis Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    @1skholloway Wow, 90lbs gone. That is amazing. AND apparently the word is around your neighborhood that you are a force to be reckoned with :wink: That made my day!

Chris got to leave for work late today so I got up early my usual time and attempted to get out of the bedroom stealthily but ran smack dab into the armoire. OOOPPPS. But never fear felt my way back over to the bed and turned my Kindle on as a light source to make it safely out the door.

Hope all is well for everyone today!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @1skholloway definitely a happy dance if I ever heard of one.
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    @1skholloway Congratulations! 90 lbs!!! That is awesome!
  • Dory_42
    Options
    WooHoo, well done!!!
  • JanolaBarbara
    JanolaBarbara Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a month everyone's been having! I had my headaches until Wed, when I felt so good. Then I was visiting my family in SoCal and I was OK, only it was so hot down there. Sun I was feeling a bit unwell, then Mon and yesterday I felt awful again, with a dull, persistent headache. Today I feel almost normal, so I'm going on a good walk after posting this. It's sunny today, but we're expecting wind and rain starting tonight and through the rest of the week pretty much. Man, I can't believe how good I feel! I am still on my elimination diet and haven't had any coffee or chocolate for over a week. I also started using the progesterone cream and herbal supplements. Hopefully, all this will help keep the headaches at bay.

@1skholloway -- Amazing loss! I am so happy for you (and a little jealous XD)!
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Maybe your headaches are going away now because you are getting used to not having sugar. Congrats on feeling good.
  • Dory_42
    Options
    My asthma has kicked in this week which means anything to strenuous closes my chest. Really frustrating since I only started with asthma last year. Taking my pump twice a day as instructed and going easy for a few days hoping I can get it under control and go back to training hard!
  • JanolaBarbara
    JanolaBarbara Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    @NewOR2015 -- Thanks. That's a good point re: no sugar.

@CaptainBoing -- :-( Hope your asthma gets under control soon.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    OMG I hate Bonds there is like a thousand steps and if you miss one little thing you can't proceed on and you have to go back and see what you missed. So far out of all the new people I have been the person who has gotten all of them. Well at least I have had practice especially as it's almost time to go off to the other locations. I mentioned to Cathy how much I dread doing them and she is like we can fix almost anything you do wrong. UGH!!! That's the whole thing after I do one every time Cathy comes up I think OMG here it comes I did something wrong with that bond.

It's raining cold and miserable here today.
    Now I'm thinking soup would be nice but as I ate soup the other day and my weight jumped 3 lbs over night now I have to say Hmmm... do I really want soup?

I'm feeling pretty cranky this morning as yesterday was very nice out and my husband spent the day at his fathers house painting. The man has been dead for 7 years his sister hasn't gotten her rear in gear to finish anything and we have to maintain the house. so instead of our lawn getting done or our gutters getting cleaned he's camped out over there. I'm going straight to hell for how bitter and resentful I feel. I think we have been taking care of the house for 15 years and every year I just get more resentful. Every time my husband gets on a ladder over there it makes me mad. Now I know his one brother can't do anything he is on a wait list for a double kidney transplant and the other brother lives out of state. But he's got a brother not 5 miles from us who doesn't work who just whines all the time and his sister well she has a bad back. Then get things done and sell the place. thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

Have a great day every one hopefully my new raincoat gets here soon.
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    @CaptainBoing I'm so sorry you're asthma kicked in. I developed it around the age of 25. After years of being stubborn, I learned I have to use my inhaler twice a day year round. I keep a rescue inhaler with me at all times but I now seldom use it. It was hard to accept that I have to use the inhaler all the time and take oral meds as well but I look at it like diabetes.

Oh @JanolaBarbara, that stinks! Feeling bad is so draining. I hope you feel better very soon! By the way, don't be jealous. You look fabulous in your photo. I doubt you have or ever had that much to lose. It was fun eating my way to 250 pounds but not so much losing the weight. I do like most of the results though!

I have a quirky sense of humor and I suppose with my history of chronic depression, I found the following funny. Yesterday, I stepped on the scales and to my surprise had lost almost 2 pounds over night. This loss put me within 3 pounds of the very top weight in the range the BMI chart considers "normal" for my height. I don't put much stock in this chart but I guess I put more stock in it than I would like. At any rate, I thought "I'm three pounds from normal." Ha!! If only!!!! Anyway, if I reach that weight, good for me. If I don't I'm okay with that too. I doubt I have ever been in the normal range on the BMI chart at any point in my life. It would be nice to be there for at least 5 minutes.

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. I appreciate all of you.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @1skholloway I think this whole group has a quirky sense of humor thus how we get along. LOL
    Ok I really wasn't paying attention when I bought my pants for work as half of them don't have pockets. Thus half the planning as I make sure I'm wearing pocket pants on the busy days so I can throw the keys to my drawer in my pocket. Why would they make such things? i could care less if my yoga pants have pockets but I need pockets for work. i will have to remember for the future to look and see if there are pockets and not say yep these fit and do the mad dash.
    I got up and exercised this morning so one thing down now just to get my rear in gear and ready for work.
    Have a great day everyone!!!
  • blitzbis
    blitzbis Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    @2020pinktogo I have been dealing with this for years. I hate trying on clothes so much that when I actually do go buy clothes that last thing I am thinking of is to check for pockets so I am constantly frustrated. What's weird....my yoga pants have freaking pockets!!!!

@1skholloway I have been saying for a long time that once I am finally simply "overweight" I'm having an "At least I'm not morbidly obsese anymore" party. Think Great American Cookie company would put that on a cookie cake? (any wonder why I'm still in the obese category????)mmmmmm cookies
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    @Blitzbis I feel ya! I wore size 10 pants yesterday! Today I could have binged so easily on just about anything. I kept telling myself I couldn't binge and continue to wear a size 10. We don't need cookies because at least we're not morbidly obese anymore!