90 day challenge: Let's GO!

Options

Replies

• 805_blondie
    805_blondie Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I finally broke the 20 lbs weight loss a few days ago, but my weight is up to it's normal fluctuations again. I might be heading into that time of the month, so it's a good possibility that is why my weight showed a slight gain. I just don't even sweat it anymore because this always happens. I workout 4x a week (I do acrobat/ Cirque dance and conditioning, it's intense), so I'm losing inches faster than weight which is great, but messes with my head and I tend to retain water after a hard workout. I think my body has finally adjusted to the workout and I'm not longer in pain, so I'm going to start adding weights this week as some point to gain strength to accomplish more in my classes. I've noticed my abdominals are very weak except for the obliques, I guess pregnancy does that to you. So, I'm making another 90 day goal of strengthening my stubborn abs.
  • 805_blondie
    Options
    carom wrote: »
    Week 2 of no dairy, still sticking to my macros really well but had a big fight with my husband last night and today I feel tired and crappy and like I should buy myself a lot of sugary badness to eat... But I wont as I am only punishing myself if I do that. But OMG when I am tired this is my most vulnerable time. I am sure this will pass and I will have my head straight by tomorrow :)
    You can get through this! Fights are so exhausting, I'm sorry that you're going through that, just don't punish yourself by eating sugar because you'll end up feeling horrible and guilty. Stay strong!
  • 805_blondie
    Options
    Oh yeah!
    Current stats:
    SW: 07/24/2016-193
    CW: 10/10/2016-172.2
    GW:120 - 125 (we'll see, it might be 130, as long as I fit into my old clothes I'll be happy)
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Thanks @805_blondie, yes as predicted I am fine today and so so so pleased I didn't deviate from my path. >halo< hehehe. Nice one for breaking the 20lbs!!

@nicee247, when I first began weekends were the worst for me, I would always fall off. Then I just started telling myself. All I need to do is get through this weekend. Once that was done I would start again, 'just get through this weekend' and soon I had done a few, stayed on track and it wasn't too painful. Just take one hurdle at a time as it is a big adjustment to make.
  • jlynnschroyer
    jlynnschroyer Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Day 9 and 80 to GO!!!!

Well good news! officially broke the 20 lb lost mark yesterday, I have been getting job interviews a lot to jobs that pay enough I wont have to work 2 jobs! so that has me excited hopefully I land one!

@moonlights I go to Mcdonalds as well, I get their Sausage Egg and Cheese Burrito, with no burrito and instead of the american cheese the shredded cheddar. They know me at my local McD's, lol I just wanted Taco Bell and got one burrito and the next day I did what I needed to do. Fortunately I do not have that problem where it stalls me, and if/when it does I am not the type to freak out about it. I am in this for the long haul. It took me 15 years to be where I am now, nothing will happen overnight but I am committed to this WOE.

@coloradoartstudio Congrats! just keep chugging away at it, "all good things to those who wait etc" lol. As to the SL 5x5 yes it is weight lifting and I joined Anytime Fitness because I do not have the equipment needed, and I am far more active at the gym than at home. I am even unafraid to go up the free weights side of the gym when there are a bunch of guys over there and I am the only woman haha they have gotten used to me. At first all the old guys just looked at me and tried to rush over when ever I looked like I was struggling with something, which I appreciated but was unneeded.

@samanthafinnie Welcome! Look forward to hearing more from you!

@nicee247 do not be ashamed of what you ate. accept it, enjoy it and move on. When I first started this I kind of broke myself in and did this 3 days Keto, 1 day SAD -standard american diet, i just love how it spells sad lol- then 4 days Keto, 1 day SAD. 5 days Keto and 1 day SAD. So aim for 9 days this time before you even allow yourself a 'cheat' if you have to cave in on the 9th day, at least you can say HEY I made it a whole day longer than last time, and keep bumping it up a day. I am by no means perfect. Look at my diary and you will see that I have lost 5lbs since the 1st with a cheat day thrown in. and my crabs go from 40c to 70c on certain days. and when I go over my goal I just look at it and say better day tomorrow and Prep all my food, I have been prelogging up to 3 days out and prepping my food accordingly. Dont give up! just try again and remember not everything works for everyone, just find ways to make things work for you.

@805_blondie Congrats on the weight loss! I am jealous of the cirque de soleil training! Ive always wanted to do something like that but am aways from that yet as I have no upper body strength. If you really want to work your abs do this find a sturdy table/bench whatever. hook your legs around something or have someone sit on your legs and have your entire upper body hanging off of the bench from mid thigh up and laying on your back do sit ups. flip over repeat on your stomach, and on both sides. I make it to where I can go as low as I possibly can to where my forhead will touch the ground lol. do as many as you can and I promise you, your sides will hurt for almost 4 days afterwards! lol

keep it going guys!
  • nicee247
    nicee247 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks @carom and @jlynnschroyer you guys just made my day.
  • kismet1428
    kismet1428 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I tried to post this yesterday but I am having computer issues evidently!

Hey, got room for one more? I could use a good challenge to get me going! I am living the low carb lifestyle and so far it is working for me! I try to stay below 50 carbs a day right now because of the martial arts classes I take - about 3.5 hours a night on Tuesdays and Thursdays - when my body becomes used to that and I quit seeing results, then I will adjust that number.

I am excited to read all the posts in here and could use the ideas and support this thread offers!

As far as weight, I would like to drop 20 before the ball drops on NYE and I think it is a possible thing as long as I don't go crazy over the holidays or on my one treat (I refuse to call it a cheat) day.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    My 90 day goal of going down 1-2 sizes(I wanted a non-scale goal for this challenge) definitely looks within reach. The pants that were snug 10 days ago are slightly baggy!! :)
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I'm in ! Looking to lose a size or two, also in these last days of 2016. It's been a good year, but weight loss has definately slowed as I get closer to goal. Only 30 more to go !!! I'm looking to up my fats, to see if that shakes up the fat burning. Looking forward to staying accountable with you all !
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I bought cheese, almost without thinking, when I went and restocked some of the fridge. I haven't had it, yet. I am still 'clean.' That is as long as we don't count the butter I used to make some buffalo sauce to dip my chicken in. I don't have issues with butter like I do from other dairy.
  • carom
    Options
    @FIT_Goat - you must be doing well on your dairy free, do you notice any difference? I am feeling quite good and not missing it too much.. I did read that I could have ghee and that would be fine as all the badness is removed. I do miss that butter taste, although coconut oil is fine it would be nice to have a change :)
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    Well, in truth, I feel like crap. I ended up eating a bunch of plants during the storm. I even had some processed carbs, no dairy though. My stomach has been killing me for the last two days. I think some of it is the fiber and other garbage. Some of it may be from possibly bad meat. None of it's from dairy, as that was obviously not at all safe. Upset stomach is also a symptom of shingles. So, it could be any of those things, or all of them.

Now that we have power back, I am on track with my boring/normal diet. I assume things will quickly go back to normal. But, it's going to take a few days.
  • kismet1428
    kismet1428 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Well today is going to be a relatively high carb day for me - just under 50. I made this huge batch of garlic chicken and rice to freeze for quick grab me meals on workout days. I guess when I made my lunch yesterday I didn't close the freezer all the way. This morning I went to grab some chicken (one meal) and realized that the two that were closest to the door had already started defrosting - so now I am having two meals of chicken! ARRG!!! At least I can make changes in other ways to try and keep it lower and I do have my 4 exercise classes tonight (yes 1 self defense class and 3 martial arts classes a night twice a week) so I will certainly burn it off.
  • carom
    Options
    Hi everyone, all is well here, I am out for lunch and probably dinner today so will do my utmost to stay under with carbs but no promises! Should be fine I think. Since upping my fat intake on keto I am experiencing a lot of reflux. Any one else have this problem ? I have just started taking 1 tbsp. of cider vinegar twice a day, hoping that will fix it.
  • coloradoartstudio
    coloradoartstudio Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to be tested this weekend for the first time. My daughter is home from college for fall break and is expecting some of her favorite foods.

I did okay last night with dinner. She requested a rice pilaf to go with everything else and I LOVE rice. I didn't have any and made just a small portion. Tonight, she wants pizza. I suggested we get take out from our favorite place and I'd try Fat Head Pizza for my husband and I. Temptation to cheat is pretty strong!
  • sherryrichie
    sherryrichie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to be tested this weekend for the first time. My daughter is home from college for fall break and is expecting some of her favorite foods.

I did okay last night with dinner. She requested a rice pilaf to go with everything else and I LOVE rice. I didn't have any and made just a small portion. Tonight, she wants pizza. I suggested we get take out from our favorite place and I'd try Fat Head Pizza for my husband and I. Temptation to cheat is pretty strong!

The Fat Head pizza is a great idea, but if you don't get to it, you can just eat the toppings off the pizza from your favorite place. I did that couple of weeks ago, with a nice salad, and it worked very well. I'm also at the point, two months into keto, that I really don't have cravings anymore.
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    The Fat Head Pizza is pretty amazing. Back when I ate nuts and other stuff like that, I would make it all the time. It can satisfy even the non-low carbers in your life.
  • 805_blondie
    Options
    It looks like I'm only posting every few days. I lost 7.5 inches this week and no lbs so far, but it's shark week. I had a nsv today, I get a ton of cravings on my period and it's mostly just wanting to snack. Well, I snacked all day and I added everything and I still have enough calories left for dinner! My macros are perfect and I even had my dark chocolate I always need during this time. I'm so happy! I hate that I'm so ravenous during my period but I think I found my solution!
  • carom
    Options
    @805_blondie - First time ever I have my TOM and no cravings. Like. none. at. all. Crazy! I am tired but that is usual and when tired I want to eat but never mind that. This is totally weird for me. Loving it!
  • furry180
    furry180 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am little late to join....but keen to participate in 90 days low carb challenge, because I have always lost with it my target is 'to stay focus and mindful and come out of yo-yo cycle'.