TEAM SIX

Options

Replies

• MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    ABOUT CHALLENGE #1:Make sure all of the requirements have been met. All Teams have 21 players; some probably haven't shown up yet. Trying to "friend" them twice means over the period of the week, not the same day and not before the game started (which is today, Monday). There is no need to send a request to anyone who is already a "friend".

The purpose of this challenge is to start bonding as a team, get to know all of your team members and to get comfortable posting on your team’s thread. Until I can verify that everyone who's going to show up has done so, and enough time has passed to realistically establish those connections, points claimed for this challenge will not be verified. Unverified Points show up as "Red" until accepted. Once accepted they will turn "Black" and the points will appear in the "Totals" column.

Your post should be made on your particular team’s thread and needs to have @MissionEnforcer appear somewhere within that post (tagging). In this case just stick @MissionEnforcer (no spaces) by itself at the top of your post, or use it in a sentence (uh...maybe not). It doesn't show up as an E-Mail, but instead as a notification on my site.

NOTE: THIS POST IS NOT INTENDED TO BE DIRECTED TOWARD ANYONE PERSONALLY, AND IS BEING PLACED ON ALL TEAM THREADS. No puppies were harmed by the writing of this post!

• HisStrengthCounselor
    Options
    figured out the tagging :0 just repeating my info, I have completed the first 2 parts of the challenge- i live in Sachse, texas/united states. small suburban town near Dallas/Fort Worth. It is an old farming town. Big yards, ranches, i posted a picture of my backyard ealier. @MissionEnforcer
  • scarletspy
    scarletspy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I live in Irvine, a coastal town in western Scotland although I originally hail from Glasgow. Irvine has a population of about 35,000. We recently moved into a new amenity bungalow in the town and had previously lived on the outskirts. We've about 40 minutes away from Glasgow.

Being in Scotland you can experience all four season in one day. It can be beautiful in the morning, sun splitting the sky, and by lunch time pouring with rain (one thing we don't lack for in Scotland). Right now the temperature has dropped and I think we've skipped autumn and went straight to winter :smile:

@MissionEnforcer
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer

I have accepted or sent requests to all team members.
    I live near Portland, Oregon USA I am in one of the BEST parts of Oregon as far as the proximity to all the different areas to see. We are two hours from the West coast beaches, One hour from the hot dessert and one hour from the beautiful Mountain for some snow time fun. I am on the outside of town in a suburb named Fairview in what we call the "Gateway to the Columbia Gorge" (the Windsurfing Capital of the US NOT counting Hawaii)

kprql9bzehrt.jpg
    quj0shxcb3sg.jpg
    f3bw3uz84hul.jpg

I will have time to look at the videos and other things tomorrow and the next couple days due to my work schedule.
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Hello team! It looks like many of you have caught on and are working on completing the challenges and entering your exercise minutes. I wanted to clarify a couple of things.
    1. Exercise minutes are anything beyond your normal routine. Make sure your minutes are being counted wisely (you can count vigorous house cleaning if you'd like but don't count the walking it takes to go from your car to the store. ) Remember this is about doing more than we normally do. If we all split the minutes evenly, you'd need to do 45 min 6 days a week for this leg of the race. If you are doing less than that, please add something to your day like a lunch break walk. There is a 1,000 minute per week max per person (our challenge leaders want everyone to contribute and not enjoy a free ride from someone who has more time to exercise) Also, please message me if you are having troubles logging into the spreadsheet to add your minutes and challenges.
    2. You can't finish challenge number 1 until you have friended everyone on our team. That does not mean just made a request. If you have tried twice over the course of the week and don't have a reply at the end of the week, then you can count your points. Sending two requests the first day would be a bit pushy so please give all of our teammates a chance to figure things out.
    3. Thank you for sharing with us about your homes! If anyone is uncomfortable sharing their exact location, you have permission to give us an idea of the general area. This is social media and you still need to be careful :smile:

Thank you all for the fun ride! I'm loving the location and can't wait to arrive with our full team in Iceland.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,297 Member
    Options
    Morning

Thank you for sharing pictures of your homes with us. It was fun looking through the posts.

It looks like challenge #1 is the one thats the focus. Please give people a chance to figure out things out, like Shauna said. But also please at least check out the challenge and see the fabulous mini challenges we have this week.

Lets start off the challenge with a bang! Btw, if anyone wants to throw out ideas for a team name, feel free to post them.

Have a wonderful Tuesday!
  • scarletspy
    scarletspy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I wanted to apologise in advance because I'm not going to be able to do much in the way of exercise today. I've been with my nana all day who got taken into hospital last night. Went in with urine infection (which caused delerium) and ended up falling in the ward bathroom and breaking 2 bones in her wrist/arm :(. I've been getting up and walking around the hospital as much as I can when she's away for tests but my numbers for today are going to be limited - sorry!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Hello Amazing Racers!
    I'm sorry to jump in on your team thread like this, but it is kind of important, so I'm putting it on all the threads.
    Challenge #2 has three components to it:
    1. Viking Chant/Geyser Dance: Three times through
    2. YouTube Videos: 3 Videos, 2x each
    3. One routine to your own music and your own beat (or just repeat the 3 videos)
    If you choose not to do a routine of your own making (I recommend making one up to the intro video at the top of the "Racing to Reykjavik" page; it has a really fun beat to it and you can dance along while you drum), then you must do the 3 videos 3 times each, PLUS the Viking Chant Video 3 times.
    I hope this helps clear up any questions! Thank you for your attention. :)
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited October 2016
    Options
    scarletspy wrote: »
    I wanted to apologise in advance because I'm not going to be able to do much in the way of exercise today. I've been with my nana all day who got taken into hospital last night. Went in with urine infection (which caused delerium) and ended up falling in the ward bathroom and breaking 2 bones in her wrist/arm :(. I've been getting up and walking around the hospital as much as I can when she's away for tests but my numbers for today are going to be limited - sorry!

Oh noooooo! I hope your nana feels better soon!!!! Hey no worries, it's more important to be with her!!!!!!!!
  • bloveless
    bloveless Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to do a little extra but might not be able to do too much. Besides taking care of 10 grandkids with my daughter while my other daughter and her husband are in Switzerland and Iceland today and the next 4 days, I have a killer backache. I'm hoping to get out today for a little walk. I have loved everyone's posts and pictures. GO TEAM GO!
  • daremightythings
    daremightythings Posts: 247 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hi, Team 6!

I'm Leslie and I'm late. I signed up for the Race last week before being sidelined with the flu. I'm still finishing my tamiflu, so I'm not cleared to go to the gym or do anything strenuous until I see my doctor on Thursday. I have been walking to and from work, though, so I'm going to count that as exercise since I could very easily drive. My minutes will increase precipitously next week!

Little about me - I'm 28, I live with my boyfriend, and I work at UC Riverside in Riverside, California, where I live. ( @MissionEnforcer ) I really enjoy being outside. I like walking, rowing, olympic lifting, and I'm trying to like yoga. My goal weight right now is 199, then 169, then possibly getting down into the low 150s/high 140s.

I've received 11 friend requests, I'll go through and make sure I get everyone else this evening when I get home from work. Looking forward to the Race!
  • watersm04
    watersm04 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Mary. New to this challenge! I live in Canada about 100km west of Toronto. Cheering for the Jays but fear tonight might be the last game :'( Our town has grown over the last few years but is still surrounded by farmland which is nice. @MissionEnforcer
    I'm 53yrs old, married for 27yrs with two kids 26,24 both still at home finishing school. We lost our beloved beagle to cancer two years ago, but we now have a beautiful 1 and half year old yellow lab. She is the star in our family and we all just adore and spoil her.

Looking forward to the race and challenges!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    bloveless wrote: »
    I'm trying to do a little extra but might not be able to do too much. Besides taking care of 10 grandkids with my daughter while my other daughter and her husband are in Switzerland and Iceland today and the next 4 days, I have a killer backache. I'm hoping to get out today for a little walk. I have loved everyone's posts and pictures. GO TEAM GO!

Oh my you have your handful. How fun being able to spend time with your grand babies, enjoy!!!!!!!!!!
    @Leslie, hope you feel better and I would definitely count your walks!!!! Yoga is something I enjoy SOMETIMES!!!!

Btw, I only waiting for one more person to except my FR, :)
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Alisa, when I saw those numbers my thought was wow, love that workout! But since we've been in the Games of Thrones Challenge since the beginning, NOT once did I think, YOUR minutes wasn't accurate.

In fact, once I found out we were going to be on the same team, I was thrilled.
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jackie. The thing about hiking is that if you climb the mountain for 6 hours, your can't quit and sit on the couch. You have to go back down!
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    That's absolutely amazing. I didn't realize there was a stir over anyone's minutes. I just figured some people did several classes at the gym or what not. I'm not in anyone's life so idk but you are killin it! What a beautiful hike. Props to you!
  • shauna30
    Options
    Ha ha @scrapbookingtm, I had no idea you were part of the excitement about exercise minutes. I saw people asking about minutes in the "questions" discussion and thought I'd clarify things for our team.
    I can vouch for you that there is snow in the mountains. We live in the same valley and I wish I had been hiking with you! Thanks for the big numbers! We are going to give the other teams something to work toward.
  • shauna30
    Options
    bloveless wrote: »
    Hi I'm excited to participate in another Amazing Race. My daughter Shauna got me involved in the last race and I REALLY had a great time competing in the challenges, trying new foods, trying new ways to exercise and getting to know our team members. I've been married for 42 years, have 5 beautiful children and 24 lovely grandkids. I live about 35 miles west of Salt Lake City, Utah in a small town called Grantsville. I've worked at our local police department for 26 years and I'm really looking forward to retiring in a year and a half then I can spend more time with my family! I'm happy to be a member of team 6 and thrilled to have Shauna as our team captain, she's a GREAT leader (I can say that because she's my daughter) but you'll all soon find out as we support and cheer each other on!! Go team go!
    @MissionEnforcer
  • shauna30
    Options
    Hi team!

My name is Lauren, I'm 27, and I live in Northern Kentucky about 10 minutes from Cincinnati, Ohio.

I have a desk job so being active during those times can be challenging for me! This October I'm recalibrating after a terrible September where the stress of life led to me regaining 9 pounds. So I'm saying goodbye to that 9 pounds and then I have a little under 40 more to get to my first goal! My weight has been a challenge in my mid to late twenties after some trauma. I used my fat as a protective shield and it's way past time to shed that cushion and take back my life and body!

I'm very competitive and can't wait for the new challenges!

@MissionEnforcer