• 808Trish808
    808Trish808 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Ok I joined. I think? LOL
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer I do a poundfit class tonight which is exercise with drumsticks am I Ok to use that for the challenge it's a 1 hour long class. I drink loads of water anyway so that shouldnt be a challenge for me. I just need to work out if I still need to friend anyone. Walked the dog today already, will take him on another 2 walks today and have a 3 hour dance class tonight. Let's go for it team 3. I already introduced myself.
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! 2nd morning in a row - up at 5:30 today! Yay me! LOL!

I am almost done the cardio drum challenge, I just have my own song/routine left to do. I set up my bar stools as my drums and used wooden spoons as the drum sticks. I enjoyed it! Definitely got into it 2nd time through!

water challenge 1/5

@tuffgirl19 - hope all works out for you with your ankle. Way to "tuff"it out! LOL!

@MissionEnforcer - friend requests/acceptance sent

Have a great day everyone!
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    @carlsoda - My son will most likely attend U of M as well next year. Aah, yes, those red mittens! <3
  • summ72
    summ72 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    @enuf200 yeah for early morning. I was up and walking at 5am. Great start to our days.
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer I have sent everyone that is not currently my friend a friend request. Here is a small bit about my hometown...

I live in a small town in Southern Maryland. It is close to the big cities - DC Baltimore - but far enough away that we don't have to worry about the hustle and bustle in daily life. If you are from Maryland, you love old bay and blue crabs! Boating and Water sports are ways of life... want to travel to another county or state - bridges and waterways are your friends! We have lots of Amish around and its not uncommon to pass farms on your daily commute. When you go in the post office or the library or the local McDonalds (bad word I know!) they remember you. You have chain restaurants of course but lots of mom and pop places that are truly GREAT Experiences. Local bands and local theater make for entertaining fun. We are known for Friday night football and spring baseball.... my kids are soccer players so we travel to get to places that don't confuse futbal and football on the weekend! :)

Its a quieter type of life and we love it for now.. with retirement and grown kids, we are thinking of exploring a little more!
  • sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Team - I wrote my introduction twice last nigh on my phone but it kept timing out and disappearing... I'm off to Senior Night for my young man with soccer so don't have time to do it properly right this minute. Just letting you know I didn't forget in case anyone was waiting on the edge of their seat to hear what I had to say about myself! haha.. have a great day Team 3!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Hello Amazing Racers!
    I'm sorry to jump in on your team thread like this, but it is kind of important, so I'm putting it on all the threads.
    Challenge #2 has three components to it:
    1. Viking Chant/Geyser Dance: Three times through
    2. YouTube Videos: 3 Videos, 2x each
    3. One routine to your own music and your own beat (or just repeat the 3 videos)
    If you choose not to do a routine of your own making (I recommend making one up to the intro video at the top of the "Racing to Reykjavik" page; it has a really fun beat to it and you can dance along while you drum), then you must do the 3 videos 3 times each, PLUS the Viking Chant Video 3 times.
    I hope this helps clear up any questions! Thank you for your attention. :)
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    After the drumming session the three of us went for a tricycle/walk through the muddy fields (ensued by a bath).
    My son NEVER takes an afternoon nap anymore he's out cold on the sofa. Bahahaha
  • slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Did the chant video 3 times and the drumming videos 2 times each! Those were actually very fun exercises, something I will definitely do in the future!

To complete that challenge, I still need to make up my own routine, which I plan to do tonight. Trying to think of a perfect song to do it to!

Also started the water challenge today and it has been rough! What I calculated for my ounces.. it is A LOT to drink lol. Drank a lot at work. I got up to fill my water bottle (and of course use the bathroom) about 5 times during work. I bet ya my workmates thought something was wrong with me haha. Still have a few bottles to go, but I am confident I will complete the challenge!
  • BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Great job guys everyone is off to a good start! I have a lot of water to drink tonight so we will see if I get Day 2 done. I'm going to start all the drum videos tonight as well!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Thank you for relieving the suspense, @sandkp! Haha! Glad to have you back!

@Cheriels82, very cute photo of your kids drumming! You must not have close neighbours since you did this outside!

Great work with the water challenge, @slgibbs1987! There are still 5 days left this week for any of who have not started the water challenge yet! THERE IS STILL TIME!! I don't know about any of you, but I feel SO much better when I get my water in! Cheers!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    I see everyone has accessed the spreadsheet, except for @twitch82 and @Dictorbutt, but they did this challenge last time, so I am not worried. Hey, @Dictorbutt, do you still want someone to input your numbers on the spreadsheet? It closes earlier this time around (9 pm PDT) and I am in bed around 9 pm EDT (6 pm PDT) so get them in early. The only team mate on the west coast? might be @smile_laughter.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Viking chants done and cardio drumming! Water is going good!
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm doing well on my water so far, 2 days done!! I got 68 minutes of exercise today and plan to increase it tomorrow. I'm starting my strength training program tomorrow, yay!!

I plan to do the cardio drumming and Viking chant challenges on Thursday with my 10 yr old- hopefully he'll join in and get a kick out of it! @Cheriels82, looks like your kids had a blast, maybe this might just be the trick for your son to take a daily nap!

@MissionEnforcer- I've sent friend requests to all of team 3 and accepted all I have received. Completed 2 days of water challenge, feeling very hydrated!
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    Hey team....sounds like all is well. I am only missing one person in my friend request. I requested again today. I am on day 2 of water challenge and finished rest of challenges. I love seeing the spreadsheet and time people are putting in for workout. Great job everyone!
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! You all are doing great and love all the pictures.

I think I am missing one person in my friend list, will send a request again later today.

Water 1/5 completed. This is something that I don't like but do it quite regularly for the various challenges!

Still to do the drumming videos, will have to wait until Thursday or Saturday to do them. I'm sticking to my usual exercise routine but have a shorter session today. But will definitely try to add in more if I get the time. Have a great day, everyone!