Face and Neck Skin Care

Options
RowdysLady
RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
I've noticed that I seem to have saggy baggy puffiness under my eyes since dropping this weight. More under the left than the right but both for sure. No dark circles, which is what I used to have. Also getting that waddle under my neck. Not wrinkles, yet, but the skin is loose. Of all the places I have loose skin (everywhere) I'd like the most to firm/tighten/improve my face and neck. I can hide everything else under clothes.

I've been using L'Oreal Age Perfect Night Cream all over and L'Oreal Age Perfect Eye Renewal around my eyes. I'm not convinced they are helping.

Any success out there? I'm willing to spend the money for this (I really don't spend money on me so this is worth it) if anyone knows of anything that's really helpful for these areas. I prefer to avoid surgical/procedural solutions.

Replies

• KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I have the lorial as well...Im not sure which cream I have thoug...i used to put the jergins skin firming cream on my face and neck, but dont do any face regimin as I should. I notice under my neck some sagging skin, just a little. I hate it
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    My eyes are looking better than they have in a really long time. I come from a family with deep set eyes and DARK circles underneath.... all the time. I posted this pic in the NSV thread a while back because I feel they look so much better. That said, if I could afford Nerium Day & Night cream ($100/mo) I would be all over it. Used it for one month and was already seeing better elasticity.
    azit4kmabgwt.jpg
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    @Cyndi146 There is a noticeable difference. Yay!! I had the darkness but that's pretty well gone. The puffiness you had I now have. I assume I was puffy before but my fat filled cheeks hid it better? Hm...$100 a month...that may be a little steeper than I was hoping for. It really works though, eh? Maybe it'd be worth it to get rid of the turkey waddle under my neck...
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Remember, too, as a person healing from tons of healing toxicities and interference, that ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING you put ON your skin, will end up INSIDE your body. So if you refuse to eat soy because of estrogen, you darned sure don't want it on your skin. If you're anti-wheat, make sure there are no wheat/oatmeal related things in your products. And so on and so forth.

This is makeup, skin care, soap, perfume, all of it. I can't remember which person I follow, I think the ThyroidPharmacist chick, she has a whole list of what to avoid and such. I know the parabens, sulfates, and such are pretty well know for shampoo, but I freaked out reading the list of my chapstick ingredients. For real!! It was bad. I have two brands I will use now, and that's IT...

So, just food for thought, ladies.

Though I honestly am in search of a serum right now myself that is affordable, works, and is safe. My good friend bought me an Arbonne system for Christmas last year, and I liked some of it, meh on some, but I liked the overall system (wash, serum, lotion, and under eye gel)...so I'm looking for something more affordable. I can't do CO oil all the time. For whatever reason, it doesn't absorb well for me on it's own, not without an hour or so to absorb. I'm using some shea stuff at the moment, in addition to the Arbonne I still have left...
  • HawkPNP
    HawkPNP Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those people that watches what is in my skin products....same with makeup. For a while I was making all of our skin care products, soaps, etc....(nerd alert!).

That said, I really love using jojoba oil with a drop of frankincense and copaiba oil. It sounds silly but it was worked wonders in my wrinkles and around me eyes.

I have never explored Nerium -- but I have seen a lot of great results on Facebook when people are posting their pictures/their friends. I looks like it works well if that is a direction you are looking for. :)
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    About a year of a more or less stable weight (post-weight loss), I saw considerable improvement in my saggy neck without the use of any special products. I think it simply takes time for the skin to adjust to the new you. That said, unless you are very young or your loss is minimal, I don't think you can expect a complete reversal of sagging skin.
  • Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I like jojoba oil myself. My skin seems to take it in better. I can't really say it does anything like you are looking for RowdysLady but it does make me feel better when I look in the mirror.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I can't do CO oil all the time. For whatever reason, it doesn't absorb well for me on it's own, not without an hour or so to absorb.

Hey @KnitOrMiss ...here's a little trick I learned. When you are using a straight oil of some kind that doesn't soak in or absorbe well, add a few drops of aloe vera to it. I do think when I use argan oil on my hands and face. Here's the kind of aloe I use (please note: it has menthol in it so keep it AWAY from your eyes 'cause that *kitten* stings like *kitten*!!)

http://www.sunfood.com/msm-aloe-gel-4-oz.html

I also suggest trying this:

https://www.badgerbalm.com/p-475.aspx?searchEngineName=organic-rose-face-oil

I will be trying it shortly myself but I 've heard good things about this stuff. Fwiw, I found it at Thrive Market for a much better price though (36% less) than buying it directly from badger.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I've blind tested high end cosmetics for Elle Canada Magazine several years and filled out a journal log on products (which only show a code number so we aren't swayed by the brand) and how they react with my skin and results I've found. My favorites turned out to be Chanel, Guerlain, and a bit more affordable... Clarins. Right now I'm regularly using L'Oreal Silky Sheer BB SPF 50 Ultra Light Finish Beauty Balm with Vit E. It has a very faint shimmer tint and it feels awesome on the skin and my skin is staying soft & clear, but then I've always used sunscreen on my face so really at 52 all I have to deal with is those 'heavy concentration' lines between my brows. I only get little pouches under my eyes when I really grin.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »
    I can't do CO oil all the time. For whatever reason, it doesn't absorb well for me on it's own, not without an hour or so to absorb.

Hey @KnitOrMiss ...here's a little trick I learned. When you are using a straight oil of some kind that doesn't soak in or absorbe well, add a few drops of aloe vera to it. I do think when I use argan oil on my hands and face. Here's the kind of aloe I use (please note: it has menthol in it so keep it AWAY from your eyes 'cause that *kitten* stings like *kitten*!!)

http://www.sunfood.com/msm-aloe-gel-4-oz.html

I also suggest trying this:

https://www.badgerbalm.com/p-475.aspx?searchEngineName=organic-rose-face-oil

I will be trying it shortly myself but I 've heard good things about this stuff. Fwiw, I found it at Thrive Market for a much better price though (36% less) than buying it directly from badger.

I was excited until I saw rose oil...My nasal allergies are so terrible I can't do any florals, even in pure essential oils...instant sinus headache!
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    Thanks to everyone. @SuperCarLori - we are yet again alike. I don't do any of that other stuff either; no make up, my hair is almost always in a pony or chopped off short...but I kinda miss my "younger" looking skin. Having said that at 42 years old there is only so much I can do I suppose!
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I make my own skin care products (cleanser, face & body moisturizers, lip balm, scrubs) because I'm extremely allergic to fragrances. Shea butter is one of my favorite ingredients for most of them, as I find it helps make my skin smoother and more firm. And coconut oil is great to add as a moisturizing ingredient.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I was excited until I saw rose oil...My nasal allergies are so terrible I can't do any florals, even in pure essential oils...instant sinus headache!

Well, that's a huge bummer @KnitOrMiss. My sympathies...I was not aware of your nasal allergies. :/:'(
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    I'm taking collagen. I've been at it for just over a month and am noticing small differences in the neck waddle and loose skin.

I have the eye puffy. Some of that is due to the garbage I have to put in my eyes at night due to Sjogren's. :neutral: So I have no answers for that.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    I'm making Rowdy take collagen (and cinnamon and tumeric and cucurmin) for his arthritis. I purchased pills at first but think I'm going to buy the powder and sneak it into his tea. I can drink it in my water and put it in food. Seems this may be a help for many things that "ail us".
  • Bubba1922
    Bubba1922 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    When I have money Kiehls super corrective cream, when I have not a mix of olive oil and honey massaged in before shower.
  • CeliaSea
    CeliaSea Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I asked my dermatologist about this directly. She said sagging is best mitigated by nutrients that are ingested, not applied topically. She told me to keep drinking water, add a high-quality collagen powder and a silica supplement, and have a lot of patience.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    YAY! @CeliaSea I'm on the right track with the water and I ordered the collagen this morning. Silica...going to Amazon now...