TEAM SIX

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,800 Member
    shauna30 wrote: »
    The race was awesome! My knee held up well while I was running and is sore now. I ran about my regular pace and beat 2 hours which made me happy because I'm only running once a week. It shows that muscle memory is a real thing.
    This race was my 13th half marathon. I think it's fitting that I ran my 13th 13.1 mile race on a Haunted run.

Love yur time, outstanding job
  • GrandmaJackie
    j79e4lr7i4b1.jpg
    9d2jtfjbhvld.jpg

A perfect day in the PNW!
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    @MissionEnforcer

Hi all!! So a little more about where I live. Honestly not a lot to tell. LOL I live in a tiny town called Abita Springs pop of about 2,500, we are about an hour ish north of New Orleans. It was the Choctaw Indians that settled here and created our community. We have no Walmart or major grocery store but we do have a brewery! We are situated on The St Tammany Trace which is a rail to trail system here's the link in case anyone is interested: http://www.tammanytrace.org/index.php/points-of-interest/abita-trailhead
    ( this is where I do most of my runs and bike rides). We are really known for 3 things: our beer (Abita beer), our artesian spring water, and our annual town garage sale! It's a thing and it's a big deal here, people come from all over to shop!! Lol. Every Sunday we have the local farmers market where artists and locals sell there goods.

• ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    @Shauna30 Congrats on the awesome run!! I hope your doing the RICE method the rest of the weekend! And I totally would have run for that shirt!! Lol
  • GrandmaJackie
    We can do this, we're in 2nd but not many minutes separated us!!! They're watching us catching up go go go. You guys are doing an awesome job, <3:)<3
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    GO TEAM 6!!! I really loved the drum challenge, even my kids joined in and I was surprised at how sweaty I got. FUN!
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited October 2016
    Today's the last day to get the drum roll challenge complete. Hopefully our last team member will check in today also! @KKishA We can do this, :)B) remember the cut off time is 9 pm pacific :)

Still waiting on :):)
    Drum roll: @adijones, @beginforthelasttime16, @beloveless, @crwill209, @mindylk, @scarletspy, @sth76, @TrkyVic0327
    Water: @adijones, @beginfortheladttime16, @crill209, @maalea, @MzHill08
  • good morning team 6!! 1st week of challenge done, woohoo! I am soo jealous of those with those breath taking views of God's creation :*
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    @adijones Loved the costume picture, but it tells us nothing about where you live...
  • scarletspy
    scarletspy Posts: 170 Member
    lol That drum challenge was something else! Jumping about in my room with two wooden spoons while my dogs sat on the bed watching and silently judging me :smile:
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited October 2016
    scarletspy wrote: »
    lol That drum challenge was something else! Jumping about in my room with two wooden spoons while my dogs sat on the bed watching and silently judging me :smile:

Too funny, I never do my wacky challenges when hubby is home. He already thinks I'm wacky, hehehe
  • TrkyVic0327
    TrkyVic0327 Posts: 1,938 Member
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sRqt4GvOnfbAztyZcNaolQQoCAX5SRCZHabOfAKUZec/edit#gid=1480039755

Don't forget to log your minutes before 9pm PDT into the spreadsheet, or it won't count!!! Let's go, Team 6!!!!
  • scarletspy
    scarletspy Posts: 170 Member
    scarletspy wrote: »

Too funny, I never do my wacky challenges when hubby is home. He already thinks I'm wacky, hehehe

The worst part is I jumped on my bike to finish up my workout and when I turned back around, the dogs had been munching on my wooden spoons! Into the bin they go :smiley:
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited October 2016
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sRqt4GvOnfbAztyZcNaolQQoCAX5SRCZHabOfAKUZec/edit#gid=1480039755

Don't forget to log your minutes before 9pm PDT into the spreadsheet, or it won't count!!! Let's go, Team 6!!!!

Five more we can dooooo this, go go go :) Has anyone heard from @KKishaA. I thought she still was with us, that's what she posted in the questions and answer thread, :(
  • TrkyVic0327
    TrkyVic0327 Posts: 1,938 Member
    edited October 2016
    I've been wondering the same thing, Jackie. @GrandmaJackie We sure could use her minutes since it's such a close race!

@KKishaA, do you need someone to post in the spreadsheet for you? Less than 2 hours until spreadsheet closes. :smile:
    Go team 6!
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited October 2016
    Thanks to EVRYONE for bringing in the numbers, 3 more for the drum roll dance, does someone want to borrow MY drum sticks, lol :)<3:)

ongak1ww6wk3.jpg
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    THE WEEK TWO DESTINATION AND CHALLENGES ARE FINALLY UP AND RUNNING!
    WEEK ONE FINAL RESULTS AND THE NEW SPREADSHEET WILL BE POSTED BY MORNING!
    YOU ALL ARE AN AMAZING GROUP!
    I LOVE THE ENTHUSIASM!
    HAPPY RACING!

:)
  • GrandmaJackie

********Please go and check out Week 2 challenge...... I will break it down tomorrow! ******
  • GrandmaJackie
    Week 2

CHALLENGE #1: “Twisting in Transylvania!” (10 points)

THERE ARE A TOTAL OF FIVE VIDEOS!
    TO CLAIM YOUR 10 POINTS, YOU MUST DO EACH VIDEO TWO TIMES!

Remember, all minutes spent doing the challenge may be added into your exercise minutes! (Let’s call it a total of 34 minutes).

MODIFY AS NEEDED! If you have sore knees or legs, move your arms. If you have sore arms, move your legs.

CHALLENGE #2: “Climb To Meet The Count” (10 points)

This is a Grand Total of 1540 steps you must climb UP this week! :o

TRICK OR TREAT! :D

YOU, my fine little ghoulish monsters, only have to climb HALF THAT AMOUNT :)

770 STAIRS UP = 10 POINTS

That’s not floors, flights, or steps...it is the AMOUNT OF STAIRS! UP!

Please use simple math to count and multiply!!

CHALLENGE #3: “Dracula Doesn’t Share!” (5 points)

To earn your five points, for 5 out of 7 nights, you must let Dracula be the only one having late night snacks!

You may have a small after-dinner treat, but it must be within TWO hours of finishing your dinner. We know y’all have varied schedules, so there is no set hour for dinner time, but after 10:00 P.M. is inexcusable.
    I highly suggest you start this on MONDAY. Who knows what fun next weekend might bring?

Let's Start Out Week Two With A Bang!!!!! Please, please go read the challenge YOURSELF. Btw, thanks for everyone's hard work in week 1!
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited October 2016
    Week 2

CHALLENGE #1: “Twisting in Transylvania!” (10 points)

THERE ARE A TOTAL OF FIVE VIDEOS!
    TO CLAIM YOUR 10 POINTS, YOU MUST DO EACH VIDEO TWO TIMES!

Remember, all minutes spent doing the challenge may be added into your exercise minutes! (Let’s call it a total of 34 minutes).

MODIFY AS NEEDED! If you have sore knees or legs, move your arms. If you have sore arms, move your legs.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    CHALLENGE #2: “Climb To Meet The Count” (10 points)

This is a Grand Total of 1540 steps you must climb UP this week! :o

TRICK OR TREAT! :D

YOU, my fine little ghoulish monsters, only have to climb HALF THAT AMOUNT :)

^^^^770 STAIRS UP = 10 POINTS*****

That’s not floors, flights, or steps...it is the AMOUNT OF STAIRS! UP!

Please use simple math to count and multiply!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHALLENGE #3: “Dracula Doesn’t Share!” (5 points)

To earn your five points, for 5 out of 7 nights, you must let Dracula be the only one having late night snacks!

You may have a small after-dinner treat, but it must be within TWO hours of finishing your dinner. We know y’all have varied schedules, so there is no set hour for dinner time, but after 10:00 P.M. is inexcusable.
    I highly suggest you start this on MONDAY. Who knows what fun next weekend might bring?

Let's Start Out Week Two With A Bang!!!!! Please, please go read the challenge YOURSELF. Btw, thanks for everyone's hard work in week 1!