TEAM SIX

Options

Replies

• scarletspy
    scarletspy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #2: “Climb To Meet The Count” (10 points)

This is a Grand Total of 1540 steps you must climb UP this week! :o

TRICK OR TREAT! :D

YOU, my fine little ghoulish monsters, only have to climb HALF THAT AMOUNT :)

770 STAIRS UP = 10 POINTS

That’s not floors, flights, or steps...it is the AMOUNT OF STAIRS! UP!

Please use simple math to count and multiply!!

Stairs = boo! lol. So glad my nana's in a ward on the 5th floor. I should get this done no problem (even if I'll hate every step :smile:)

• MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    THE WEEK TWO SPREADSHEET IS UP.
    Week One was very close & it is obvious every team is in it to win it.
    THE RESULTS FOR WEEK ONE ARE AS FOLLOWS:
    1st Place: Team One - 1260 points
    2nd Place: Team Five - 1235 points
    3rd Place: Team Six - 1180 points
    4th & 5th Place: A Tie! Team Two & Team Three - 1170 points
    6th Place: Team Four - 1130 points
    Individual team results may be viewed under the "Past Weeks" Tab.
    Good luck during Week Two!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,297 Member
    Options
    Outstanding job, yahoooo!!!!

3rd Place: Team Six - 1180 points
  • Rigibann
    Rigibann Posts: 3,663 Member
    Options
    Hello Team - I'm so excited to have joined this amazing race and I have so many questions that I will PM Jackie with a list to put me straight.

So I would like to introduce myself to those of you who haven't met me in other challenges - my name is Rita, 64 years young, married to Malc with a son and daughter who have given us 3 grand daughters between them, aged 11, 8 and 6.

I live in Kent, in a place known as the Hoo Peninsula. The towns are known as the overspill for London, but the Peninsula is very rural with fields, woods and riverside walks which are loved but my 13 year old Labrador Bruno as well as myself. I work four days a week at our local Council offices but would love to have those days to myself!

I hate the gym finding the machines very boring but love taking part in exercise classes. Zumba is my all time favourite, but I also like Step, Kettlebells and 20:20:20 (which is a mix of aerobic, step and strength). I struggle with Yoga and Pilates but love nothing more than putting on some upbeat music and prancing around the lounge to get my heart rate and steps up.

I have always struggled with my weight but now know that as I have gotten older food intake alone cannot control my weight. Regardless of this weight loss is extremely slow, but I have learned to accept this and maybe one day I will get to my all time goal. I do yo-yo but always stop when the scales start to creep too high.

Hopefully will get a good start this week with a kettlebell and Zumba class straight after work tonight.
  • TrkyVic0327
    TrkyVic0327 Posts: 1,988 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Welcome to the team, @Rigibann! We so appreciate you joining! If you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask.

I am a slow loser with weight as well, and I've found tracking my measurements has helped me a lot! When the scale doesn't move, but the tape measure does, I am encouraged to continue on this healthy lifestyle.
    :)
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Yessss, Rita and I are in a couple other challenges plus the same team. She's going to fit perfectly on our team.

Rita, we have an outstanding team, everyone is so helpful, @TrkyVic0327, plus Alisa, @Shuana (captain) Welcome, :)
  • HisStrengthCounselor
    Options
    Welcome Rigaban
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    I just fished the 5 videos, they were so fu, even though I can't dance!!!!!! <3:)<3
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    I just fished the 5 videos, they were so fu, even though I can't dance!!!!!! <3:)<3

Let's start planning our workouts, we can this with a full team now, go go go, :)
  • watersm04
    watersm04 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the team Rigibann! Finished the 5 videos and I can't dance either GrandmaJackie :D
  • scarletspy
    scarletspy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    @Rigibann Welcome to the team :smile:

• GrandmaJackie
    edited October 2016
    Options
    watersm04 wrote: »
    Welcome to the team Rigibann! Finished the 5 videos and I can't dance either GrandmaJackie :D

Yahoo nice job getting the videos done, :) I marked it off for you, :)
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Rigibann wrote: »
    Hello Team - I'm so excited to have joined this amazing race and I have so many questions that I will PM Jackie with a list to put me straight.

Hopefully will get a good start this week with a kettlebell and Zumba class straight after work tonight.

Welcome Rita! So glad you made it you our team!

So, my mistake was doing a squat challenge yesterday, the stair challenge this morning and then spent the day hiking! Jacuzzi here I come. My legs are a bit wobbly!

Hope everyone had a great day today!
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Got my groove on to the videos and it was so fun! Halloween is my absolute favorite and I'm a huge vampire geek so I am pretty giddy over this weeks destination and challenges. Eek. Let's go team 6!
  • daremightythings
    daremightythings Posts: 247 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    173/770 today. Just leaving a note for myself!
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Well, at this moment, we are in first place! :)
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    173/770 today. Just leaving a note for myself!

Nice job starting on the steps
    Well, at this moment, we are in first place! :)

Gooo Team 6 !!!!!!
  • HisStrengthCounselor
    Options
    I just knocked out all the videos- the extra 10 plus the 5 videos-twice; in 1975 I was still in my mother's belly :p
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options