TEAM FOUR

Options

Replies

• tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,257 Member
    Options
    Hello Team 4 and @MissionEnforcer

My name is Tina and I was just added to your team off the WaitList. I am excited to join the challenge and a newbie to this one. I live outside of Albany, New York (Albany is approximately 3 hours north of New York City). We have all four seasons here and we have had a beautiful fall. Winter is starting to arrive as the temperature are starting to drop. The Adirondack Mountains are here and so you can hike in the summer and ski in the winter.
    I am happily married, have two children (15G & 25B) and love to ski!! Good luck everyone.
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    230 steps for the day. Shouldn't be too hard to get the rest of them. I have to walk up 10 steps just to get to the bathroom. Hardest part is remembering what number I left off on!
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Hi team! The past 2 days were really low energy. I got a really really good night sleep last night. Probably the best night sleep I have had in a very very long time. I should be good to go & will get lots of exercise minutes today.

Have a great Tuesday!
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    @xxghost That is hilarious! "Did I screw up again?" "Yeah, ya did!" lmbo
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS:

The 10 Points for CHALLENGE #1 IS FOR DOING THE 5 DANCE VIDEOS 2x EACH.
    Not for watching the 2 Romanian videos (which you may count as 10 minutes of exercise,
    if active while you watch).
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    @carinamenina jealous of the stairs at your fingertips! You'll have your steps done in no time!!
    I have a desk job too, but only 4 steps up to get into haha. I've got stairs at home that I seem to do a million times each day though. Get downstairs, remember you forgot something upstairs, you know the drill! Anyone struggling with remembering where you left off, I use the note program in my phone and just update it every couple of times I do the stairs at home/work. I love using the stairs when I go to visit my Grandma on the 6th floor. I always race my mom in the elevator and I've beat her more times than you'd think! Depends on the number of stops she makes on the way up, but her apartment door is by the stairs entrance and far from the elevator so I've got that going for me too. Maybe I'll pay her a visit just to get those stairs in :D I'll also probably have to hit the stair climber at the gym to get to the magical number. I used to hate that thing, but after the challenges in the last race I've come to love it. Makes my legs burn baby burn!!

I'm having a rough and slow start to the week. I had the busiest weekend, and was only home for a total of 10 hours from Friday at 4:00 until Sunday around midnight... it was fun but awful at the same time. That, on top of the family drama going on with my husbands side, has exhausted me. There have been so many hurtful things said and done, I'm at the point of wondering if there will be any coming back from it all. Emotionally exhausting and so incredibly saddening right before the holidays.

Happy Tuesday, team! Time to get out of last place, let's go go go!!!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    Also - woke up to the hubby climbing out of bed last night to get a snack. Invited me to come with him, but I knew if I went down those stairs I'd find something to munch on. No thank you! Ashley - 1 Temptation - 0
  • tarpguys
    tarpguys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I managed to get in almost half my stairs yesterday. When you live in a 3 story house it's not really difficult. My bedroom is on the main but my office and laundry room are both in the basement. I had to change the sheets on the guest bed, upstairs, yesterday and clean up the room after 3 of our grandsons spent the weekend with us so plenty of up and down!

I was able to resist the snacking although I must say a late smoothie would have really hit the spot! My husband was no help either @smashleym914! He got up and made popcorn at 10:00!
  • lynnbaum
    lynnbaum Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I didn't see the step challenge so now I am clued in. I did see the dance ones and am doing them tonight. I too have a desk job. So I count the steps on the way up and then again on the way down. So for the most part it should be a 24 stair round trip. I better do the math. BTW I have farmhouse stairs so I might have to be careful.
    I need to find me some court house stairs.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    lynnbaum wrote: »
    I didn't see the step challenge so now I am clued in. I did see the dance ones and am doing them tonight. I too have a desk job. So I count the steps on the way up and then again on the way down. So for the most part it should be a 24 stair round trip. I better do the math. BTW I have farmhouse stairs so I might have to be careful.
    I need to find me some court house stairs.
    @lynnbaum you can only count the steps going up.
  • Fitbug92
    Fitbug92 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    150 more steps today. Going to find more stairs tomorrow. Having fun with the videos.
  • niesjojo3
    niesjojo3 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've got 403 total steps up so far. I've been using my notes app on my phone to keep track of them throughout the day. No late night snacking and a couple more of the dance videos to finish. Fun fun fun:-)
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Two more videos and less than 200 stairs to go. Tonight while I was running up and down the stairs I had my husband, son, and two of the dogs following behind me. :smiley:
  • carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I finished the stair challenge! Had to go up the 121 stairs to my office 3x yesterday, so that helped push me across the threshold :) The not snacking at night thing is HARD. I usually budget some calories at the end of the day to allow myself to snack after the kids go to bed while I'm getting some downtime, but I can't do that this week and it's really throwing me :P My stomach was really growling last night around 10:30. I just drank some water and tried to ignore it :P I still need to do the videos but won't have time until Friday or Saturday. I didn't do my usual run this morning because I needed more sleep, so I brought my workout clothes with me and will do a quick 5K or something on my lunch break. It's nice that it's warm enough to still do that, yet cool enough I shouldn't be super sweaty for the rest of the day! Hope your Wednesday is going well!