Face and Neck Skin Care

Options

Replies

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    And y'all all know collagen is best taken on an empty stomach, right? For absorption/use, rather than to be digested?

Good to know! What's an ideal amount? (sorry for all the questions! I want to supplement for optimal health, but have no idea what to take or when or in what combo)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I think therapeutic range depends on why you're taking it - and the types of collagen. I know the one I have is Types 1 and 3. I really don't know what all therapeutic ranges are.

Yes, @RowdysLady - just not with food. Drink that is non-caloric generally isn't an issue.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    The collagen says two heaping tablespoons on the container. That's why I'm starting there. I am taking 4 silica instead of the recommended two because I know I don't absorb pills like normal humans. I have to take at least double. But a powder should be better digested for me.
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I've been doing facial exercises for some time now. I never had any problems with loose facial skin anywhere except the dreaded chin waddle but I've noticed a nice difference in both tone and overall tautness. I've even been able to minimize the dreaded marionette lines, those indentations that curve from your nose to your chin around either side of your mouth. Not bad for almost 71, to my mind. Ten minutes a day has made a significant improvement. Just be sure you have complete privacy; anyone who finds you making your face as long as it can go while chanting "OH OH OH OH" over and over will never really take you seriously again.

It's been a while since I bought "Facial Fitness: Daily Exercises & Massage Techniques for a Healthier, Younger Looking You" by Patricia Goroway (Author) but I see it's still available from amazon. My hardback version came with a DVD that was of some use, but nothing to pay extra for.

• jassnip
    jassnip Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    @jassnip have you used this tortuous looking piece of equipment? (for the mere price of $90.00)
    I have and I do. Tortuous it is, it also works, for me and many others. for many things beyond helping with skin elasticity. Fibro, Lupus, RA, plantar fascitis, cellulite. There's a FaceBook group if you want to find out more. It's its own rabbit hole, but one I've been glad I fell down.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    That's very cool to find something that's really working for you. I am not exactly an early adopter and wait until stuff is tried and true before I try it, so "knowing" someone who has faith in it makes it a better investment! Thanks @jassnip!

I really have issues all over but I can hide those issues with clothes. It looks like this wouldn't be usable on small areas like the neck and eye area. However...if I could look better naked....hmmm...
  • Cadori
    Options
    jassnip wrote: »
    @jassnip have you used this tortuous looking piece of equipment? (for the mere price of $90.00)
    I have and I do. Tortuous it is, it also works, for me and many others. for many things beyond helping with skin elasticity. Fibro, Lupus, RA, plantar fascitis, cellulite. There's a FaceBook group if you want to find out more. It's its own rabbit hole, but one I've been glad I fell down.

My husband has fibro...how effective is it (if you know off hand)
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    @RowdysLady Your hair looks fabulous!
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    Thanks for noticing!!! @kmn118 I finally for the first time ever had it colored professionally and then had what was a REALLY bad short haircut growing out shaped up. I'm so thrilled with it! She did a great job and I don't look 400 years old any more.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @Cadori -Yesterday, there was a podcast (sadly expired now) that talked about using low levels of Naltrexone to help combat all things auto-immune. It was mentioned by an MD who's done studies on it, as well as many studies in the industry, etc. Super low level helps remove the addictive side effects of prescription narcotics and improve the efficacy. Low to mid level for autoimmune help (it works by stopping the bad autoimmune overreactions and boosting the natural immune system). At very high levels, it can be used to aid weight loss in folks who are bariatric bound and such - but there's far less scientific data in this quarter. It is even being tested in active breast cancer (and other cancer) patients currently.

His name was Dr. Kent Holtorf, M.D., but I didn't catch a website for him.

They were talking about it being used for diabetes, chronic fatigue, lupus, RA, fibro, hashi's, all of it... He acted like most conventional doctors wouldn't touch it for this use, but that a naturopath or functional doctor should. He may also have available where you can consult with him online, I'm really not sure.
  • Cadori
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss Thanks! I'll check it out!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    It addresses anything with inflammation and chronic health conditions, too. Think I left that out before. Can't hurt to research! <3
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options

Had to check it out this video was interesting:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ4qfmzOi8I

I have a massage tool that is pretty similar to this device, I might give that a try for a few weeks.
  • Bubba1922
    Bubba1922 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am going to check out The Ordinary products. This is making big news here in the UK, described as "Top drawer skincare for less than £5".
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    I took photos of my eyes and neck the other day and I've started taking the Silica and Collagen. I will use the rest of my L'Oreal products too but I'm excited to see what happens after a month or so with the supplements.
  • Perry47
    Perry47 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    @RowdysLady, love your new look!
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    Thank you @Perry47!!
  • jassnip
    jassnip Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    @Cadori I don't have Fibro myself, so I can't give you a "personal" yea or nay. There are many folks on the FasciaBlaster FaceBook group that have said how much the tool has helped them reduce and manage their pain. I'm sure you could join the group and get direct feedback from people who suffer from Fibro. If your husband is interested there is also a men's only fb group.

@retirehappy I've seen several tools like the little balls with the pokey bits on the stick and the truth is those don't really have enough reach to be able to really release the fascia. There have been a few people that I've seen on the FaceBook group that started with the balls and weren't getting anywhere near the results that the other women are/were.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    edited

@retirehappy I've seen several tools like the little balls with the pokey bits on the stick and the truth is those don't really have enough reach to be able to really release the fascia. There have been a few people that I've seen on the FaceBook group that started with the balls and weren't getting anywhere near the results that the other women are/were.

Thanks for the feedback. I am still going to give my device a try it is supposedly good for deep tissue massage and electric, so will be easier to really dig into areas. I want to at least give it a try. If I don't see any results I'll check out the FB group and the product. Never had though of doing anything like this.
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My mom has been taking collagen (not sure what kind/brand) and since I saw her last her wrinkles are much improved. We come from a long line of really wrinkly people!!! I'm already trying to combat at 40! I am going to get some collagen powder and see if it improves!