Schwaggggggg

Options

Replies

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    it's great that the people administering the C2W don't insist on it being "a bike, plus accessories to make up the value" like a lot of places do... I know if I was working somewhere that had a scheme on the same basis as yours works Clive, I'd certainly take full advantage of it as well... if it was restricted to "sub £1K bikes only" then i'd find it difficult to muster enthusiasm apart from a "semi-disposable" commuter every 2-3 years...

but, I could ALWAYS go through a grands worth of accessories for the bike, and some clothing...

• ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »
    it's great that the people administering the C2W don't insist on it being "a bike, plus accessories to make up the value" like a lot of places do... I know if I was working somewhere that had a scheme on the same basis as yours works Clive, I'd certainly take full advantage of it as well... if it was restricted to "sub £1K bikes only" then i'd find it difficult to muster enthusiasm apart from a "semi-disposable" commuter every 2-3 years...

but, I could ALWAYS go through a grands worth of accessories for the bike, and some clothing...

This is me as well. Not a lot of $1,000 bikes I would be interested in but I can always spend a grand on parts, clothes, and other accessories.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    yeah - like at the moment, it'd be Ultegra Di2 and new 11s Wheels for the Dolan, following year 11S 105+Hydraulic Brakes + Some Posh wheels for the CaadX, any slack taken up with something warm/waterproof from Castelli...

(I'm thinking its actually high time I finally went 11speed for the main fleet... though some of the oldies are staying resolutely 10,9 and even 7 speed...)

• ntnunk
    Options
    yeah - like at the moment, it'd be Ultegra Di2 and new 11s Wheels for the Dolan, following year 11S 105+Hydraulic Brakes + Some Posh wheels for the CaadX, any slack taken up with something warm/waterproof from Castelli...

(I'm thinking its actually high time I finally went 11speed for the main fleet... though some of the oldies are staying resolutely 10,9 and even 7 speed...)

For me I think a conversion to 11 speed SRAM eTap for the TT and CX bikes, a drivetrain and wheel upgrade for the MTB, and some nicer cool/cold weather gear.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I'd love some eTap-age... However, that'll wait 'til I've dropped at least 10kg's of lard first ;)
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    cloggsy71 wrote: »
    I'd love some eTap-age... However, that'll wait 'til I've dropped at least 10kg's of lard first ;)

by which time, it might even have made it down one tier from just "Red"...

• ntnunk
    Options
    by which time, it might even have made it down one tier from just "Red"...
    I'm really hoping for some Force eTap in the next year or so.
  • ntnunk
    Options
    End-of-season maintenance time is upon us. Well, me at least. Since half of my bikes are aero now I've been struggling more and more with my workstand, as it's the style that clamps the seatpost and doesn't work well with either my road or TT bikes. When this little gem popped up on Craigs List yesterday I snagged it. I'm gonna have to 3D print a new bottom bracket saddle for it since this one isn't tall enough to accommodate the stupid brake cable bracket below the BB on my TT bike but otherwise this is an awesome stand. Never realized how much time I spent walking in circles around my work stand until I got one that allows me to stay in place and just spin the bike!
    q1j0x57t11of.jpg
  • cloggsy71
    Options
    More new gear:

rcl8dzmk9x5a.jpg
    Gen3 Fly6 Rear light/camera

ivxrguv4ceqg.jpg
    Fly12 Front light/camera

wb3ecm797f90.jpg
    Castelli Nanoflex 2 Padded Bib Tight

mkpgdy1qkj2s.jpg
    Another Castelli Gabba 2 Short Sleeve Wind/Rain Jersey

d63jlnforc37.jpg
    Castelli Nano Flex+ Arm Warmer

ehpuubppuil6.jpg
    Northwave Fahrenheit Arctic 2 GTX Road Boot

6tzyzm4zlj8y.jpg
    Castelli Nanoflex 2 Padded Bib Short

h48yzvsx4ff0.jpg
    Castelli Perfetto Gilet

llha51ztabou.jpg
    Castelli Nano Flex+ Leg Warmer

I've just got to get out & ride in the cold now :lol:
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    that's the tough part Clive, actually getting out there...

• ntnunk
    Options
    that's the tough part Clive, actually getting out there...
    ^^ This. Every winter I promise myself I'm going to ride outside more and spend less time on the trainer doing endurance rides. Then I step outside and think "nope. It's warm in the man cave..."
  • 35dollars
    35dollars Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    That's the "joy" of commuting by bike in the winter - you don't have any choice to be outside, so you might as well ride the bike there, unless the conditions are dangerously adverse
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Wow so many good stuff, Clive!
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    It's that time of year so most of my recent swag is lights - a 2400 lumen Magicshine Eagle M2 for the front (and it is very, very bright) plus a new battery for my old 1000 lumen magicshine, a couple of new rear lights and a Lumizyne helmet light. I'm very lucky in that I have a cycling centre nearby (Redbridge) that is open until 9pm at night. It has a short road bike circuit that is floodlit but if you want to ride the full 2km loop (with it's steep hill!) you need decent lights.

I've finally got around to joining a club as well, having been on a couple of their Sunday social rides first.
  • niblue
    Options
    Not sure if it's really schwaag but as I'm expecting to do a fair number of club rides over the winter I thought I'd better get some mudguards on the Roubaix so ordered some Crud Catcher Mk3's. Slightly fiddly to fit due to some of the odd shapes on the Roubaix however they seem ok so fingers crossed they'll be ok in use. Also got some replacement cleats 'cause the current right one (which is the one I unclip first when stopping) is pretty much wrecked now.
  • cloggsy71
    edited November 2016
    Options
    niblue wrote: »
    I thought I'd better get some mudguards on the Roubaix so ordered some Crud Catcher Mk3's.

I've got some of these on my CX. I had to extend the rear mudguard as it wasn't long enough to stop people getting splashed behind me... Just used an old *kitten*-saver and some contact adhesive #DIYskilz :lol:
  • niblue
    edited November 2016
    Options
    It was actually the Road Racers I got (I've had Crudcatchers on mountain bikes so was getting confused!). I think you're right on the rear not being quite long enough though - it doesn't quite extend to below the mid-point of the wheel.
  • niblue
    Options
    Here is the poor old girl, laden down with all the winter clutter - mudguards, loads of lights etc.
    original.jpg
  • ntnunk
    Options
    Some new stuff starting to arrive. New bike day is coming...
    4yljissc9g8e.jpg
  • 35dollars
    35dollars Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I've just added a couple of these onto the front forks, to go along with the cateye lights on the bars:

Strip%20Drive%20front.jpg

Mein gott, they're bright! %-0